Let me explain. I was stuck in a so-much-to-do-with-less-time zone the past days and have nothing meaty to say, so I logged out of my account and flopped down the couch during my whole free time (it’s not that free, if you know what I mean). I hope that will pass as a valid reason for you guise, and I hope you will forgive my laziness. Oops! I did not just say the real reason through the preceding statement, didn’t I?
Okay, before you start walking out and throwing hard-boiled eggs at me (woa, that’s definitely gonna hurt), let me explain. Again. Truthfully (well, not that truthful, unless you want me to sound all Alcott here.)
The thing is, I find excuses to delay writing more often than look for inspiring topics to rant about. Way back school days, I have been a lazy student and preferred working on the last ticks. I was never the type who wakes up at 3AM to do what needs to be done. But well, I tried that, but I just find myself diving under the warmth of my sheets again, so I had to stop alarming my cellphone ’cause it’s a total waste of precious sleep. You can imagine me doing homeworks in between subjects, or as the need may arise, multi-tasking — and by that, I meant listening to my English teacher while trying to find the correct formula to use for a Geometry problem. I’ve been like that throughout the course of my existence, ’cause I believe that the latest the time, the wiser I am (that’s how I translate the saying “An older man is a wiser man.” LOL), and therefore, the more qualitative my production will be.. For me, the longer I toil on something, the more tedious it becomes — and eventually, I tend to lose all my creative touches on it because I’m already dreading the process of working on it all the time.
I know I deserve a good round of peltings. I know I am ultra super duper mega wrong with how I think, but I bet we all have this inner demon who stops us from doing anything sensible. It’s just that I can’t get out of this system … yet.
And as I pondered about it, I would want to share some thoughts I have on why certain people are too lazy to do certain stuff:
1. When you did something and the result is the exact opposite of what you’re expecting. This totally sucks. That’s why I lose interest on doing other stuff ’cause I have this thinking they would all be turning out the other way.
2. When you don’t have any clue on what you’re doing. Pointless, right?
3. When you perfectly know everything about what you’re doing. Still pointless. You won’t grow as a person when you know every solution to every problem. This goes the same with doing stuff.
4. When people around you are more annoying than what you’re doing. Totally sucks! We have this tendency to lose passion on what we’re doing when everyone’s making fun of us and keeps on ripping our masterpiece apart. I hear you!
5. When you know you can do something bigger and better, but you’re stuck to do what you’re doing. Total bummer! I mean, yea, you know what I mean.
They say solving a problem starts with analyzing. Here are but a few of the reasons I have for being too unproductive recently. Now that I can pinpoint the causes, I hope I’d be able to find the solutions if I’ll think deeper. And when I’ve found them, I’d let you be the first to know about it!
You need to be logged in to comment