My friend Mary has taken a gap year out in her education and made a list of things to do in this time. This inspired me to make my own list of things to do before I am twenty years old, in two and a half years time. Some are realistic, I will hopefully be doing at least three of these within the month (#1, #6, #15)
The List of Things to Do Before I Reach Twenty (TLOTTDBIRT)
1) Obtain a full driving license!
2) Have over £1,000 in my PERSONAL bank account.
3) Buy a fully tailored three piece suit with Black fabric and Red lining.
4) Visit America.
5) Go to a Pendulum Concert.
6) See either Bill Bailey, Michael McIntyre or Dara O’Briain live.
7) Go to University.
8) Have at least ONE professional acting role.
9) Drive a classic Mini Cooper.
10) Appear on TV.
11) Make an audience laugh by way of ad-lib.
12) Be in a loving relationship.
13) Be in a loving relationship that lasts more than a year.
14) Go to a black tie occasion other than the yearly family party.
15) Go to a black tie event with plain black Converse All Stars (without relation to number 14)
16) Have one day that I can describe as completely ‘good’.
17) Be able to claim credit for something that was entirely my doing.
18) Be on a three game or more winning streak in Pool.
19) Tell my father to go f*** himself, whether as a joke or in seriousness.
20) Write a Novel.
21) Get over my aversion to singing.
22) Learn to dance to some extent.
23) Win an argument with my mother (this one will be difficult).
24) Have a big birthday party for my own birthday.
25) Kiss someone (preferably a girl) in front of a large crowd.
26) Learn to power slide (not from Jesper).
27) Drive an Aston Martin DBS.
28) Throw a paper aeroplane off of the Eiffel Tower.
29) Lose enough weight that I can sit down wearing a waistcoat and not look like the Michelin Man.
30) Stand on the TARDIS set.
31) Stand on the RSC stage.
32) Compete in an actual motor race. (Winning is optional)
33) Shake hands with The Stig.
34) Leave home.
35) Get a picture taken with Michael McIntyre so that I can shove it in someone’s face and scream “DO WE LOOK SIMILAR? DO WE?!”
36) Wear sunglasses at the dead of night in a town centre and be a human statue.
37) Be a human statue.
38) High five a complete stranger.
39) Make my dad proud, even if I do sometimes want him to go f*** himself.
40) Get drunk, on my own terms, with no pressure from anyone else, because I want to.
You need to be logged in to comment