The Phoenix Colony

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Foxee, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bick

Bick New Member

He looked over at Ben, grabbing his knife from his pocket. It didn't really matter, he had his own now anyways. He gave Ben a nod and a half smile and tossed him his knife.

"Thanks for lending it."

Pasha gently rubbed Viva’s hand, and stood up. Hand in hand he lead her from the cave until they were out of site. He looked down at her, the constant blush still on his face.

“We need to get supplies.” He choked, grabbing both her hands into his, his hands shaking slightly, “I need you to get as many sticks as you can, about as thick as a finger would be good. I also need some stones, nothing too big for you to carry. Maybe the size of a softball.” He looked at her, leaning down and kissing her on the forehead. He reluctantly let go of her hands and headed to get the supplies for the gate.

He suddenly stopped, remembering what Reva had said. He liked her better… he couldn’t place why. He would make her a weapon… he nodded in decision and took off for supplies.

2. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

Ben sat, hunched up against the rock wall, beginning to feel a bit better, but still undoubtedly starving seeing as he never had gotten any of that deer, and when Fox decided to impose her will on everyone he found himself compelled to express his opinion.

Ben strained a bit, fixing his posture and crossing his legs, and said, "Well, *cough cough*, it seems I missed the coronation, how was it O' queen of all things?" Ben's sarcastic remarks echoed through the cave as did his next bit of coughing, luckily now his coughing was not paired with blood. "Teamwork? Thats situational, not all things work better with a buddy. Chastising your team shouldn't be the top priority of the captain, not that you are. Your word isn't law, so don't act like it is."

3. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

"I want to go home." Allen had murmered it and Reva wondered if he was coming around.

Reva finally dumped out one of the dead guards' canvas holdalls and took it to the small spring-fed pool, filling it with water. She returned to Ben and knelt, rolling up the sleeves of the leather jacket again and beginning to sponge the blood from his hair with a strip of the ruined sweatshirt.

"We have some berries and things to eat but I'm not entirely sure what's edible," she told Ben, "and I think there might be meat."

4. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Viva nodded and started walking, humming a tune as she gathered rocks and piled them on a side. She willing to find a way to hold them with ease. Therefore, she not only took off branches matching with Pasha's demands, but also some twigs., She was even happier when she found vines which were perfect for her plan. She then plucked out several canopy leaves and sew them together with the vines. Once there was a mat of leaves, she placed the rocks and branches on it and then sew it on the top. She then threw the sag over her shoulder and ran back to Pasha, unsure as to what more he would want her to do. She found him carving wood, and stopped at a distance.
    "I did what you asked me to."
    She said giddily, placing the leaf-bag down.
    "I hope it's sufficient."

5. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

"**** it." said Ben, getting to his feet with a big groan, stretching out his arms and legs. "I'll find something, I'm feeling a lot better, I don't know what that stuff you rubbed on me was but all I know is that I think some of it got through my pores. I'm still sore as hell, but I feel pretty good otherwise."

Ben grabbed his shotgun, popped the clip and loaded it with six shells and stuck it back in. Then he quickly pulled and released the injection port, letting it cradle it in his arms. He began to jog out of the cave and into the wilderness, passing Pasha and Viva as he went.

6. Foxee

Reva sat a little shocked at his sudden animation, sweatshirt scrap still raised, and watched as he jogged away. What had happened to the internal bleeding?

7. Bick

Bick New Member

Pasha easily found the large almost boulder sized rocks he needed and rolled them up to the cave entrance, he figured four would be enough. Collecting more sticks, four of them being the size of his bludgeon stick, he sat them in a pile.

He smiled while gently carving into the piece of wood he had found while waiting for Viva, he silently put it on his lap, and grabbed the makeshift bag.

“Nice.” He said with a smile. He put it over his shoulder and next the rest of his supplies. He gave her a nod and headed back out to the woods, leaving her behind. He went searching for the soft-barked trees, and began to piles off the stringy bark. After stripped the bark off of many trees he figured he had enough for his two projects and went back to the camp. He watched as Ben jogged by, he arched an eyebrow.

“He heals nicely..” he muttered. He quickly took the longest and straightest of the larger sticks and began to even out it’s edges so that it was almost perfectly straight with the sharpest end of his knife.

He took three strands holding the ends with his teeth. He began to tightly braid them until they became a simple rope. He took one of softball rocks, slamming it on the ground of the cave. He took the sharpest and best size of the rock hitting it on the cave floor until it broke just how he wanted. Pasha then used the rock, tying it to the end of the stick. He weighed it in his hand, the rock being just heavy enough to even it out. He smiled, and sat it at his side, cutting the extra rope off and setting it next to him.

He sighed, and began to start on the fence.

8. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Fox sighs and looks at the ground. Lonan had scolded her in the past about being to harsh on her subordinates. "Look guys, I'm not used to dealing with normal civilians. If I've accidently insulted you or if I've been sounding really b****y, then I'm sorry." says Fox. She walks around to the front of Reva and looks her in the eyes. "Reva, I need to know that I can depend of you in dangerous situations. If we would have all ran, they probably would have ganged up on one of us and killed them. I promise you, I will call for a retreate if I think it will be whats best for all of us."

Fox walks over to the wall and grabs a small rock. She rubs the rock against the wall, leaving a line. "Perfect, these rocks are basically like chalk." thinks Fox. Walking back over to Reva she says "Would you please come with me as I scout around the mountian."

"Britney, Raylene stay here and guard the cave while we're gone." says Fox

"Sure thing. Nothing bad will happen to our cave while your gone." says Britney

9. Charisma

Viva yawned and then lay down on the ground.
    "Boy, I'm hungry all over again, and it'll be sundown soon."
    She thought, remembering the antelope. She could go back and eat the remainder, but it would be rude to do so. Instead, she started drawing in the ground, imagining things which was her favorite hobby.
    "What would be a real kick in here?"
    She thought, drawing the cave.
    "Fight planes. Ha. Awesome."
    She drew the picture in her head, and laughed.
    "Awesome."

10. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

"Ok everyone, listen up. First off, I think we should keep our food in the back of the cave. Since the spring keeps that area pretty cool, the food might last longer. Secondly, Reva, I need you to promise that the next time we're in danger, you won't just take off. We need to work as a team, wich is hard to do when one of the members runs away. Thirdly, does anyone here think they can build a gate for our cave? We need to be able to protect this place from predators and other tribes that would want to take it from us."

Allen had been watching people come and go for several minutes. He saw how they tensed up and turned away whenever Xare gave an order. They didn't like her, for good reason too. She was a typical rebel leader, all anger and blustering, no control, no real desires except to be in charge and to get revenge. She was no different, except somehow she knew what he was.

Reva sat there for a moment after Ben got up and left. She seemed to have an instinct for a doctor's work. Why did she do it though? She would be better off to let some of them die, especially him, but still she helped. Xaire apologized and then went over to Reva asking her to come with her to scout.

Allen's stomach began to rumble strongly.

The female guard was obviously in the middle of a crisis. She was struggling with something, and Allen had a hunch he knew what it was. She now believed that Xare was right, but she had to give herself a reason to abandon all that she had believed before. She had taken Xaire's side without hesitation or thinking about what he said to her, now she needed a reason.

He decided that if he was going to get out of this, it would be by looking helpless. They needed to start getting lax around him. That wouldn't be too hard to pull off he thought wryly.

Allen's stomach decided that it was time to stop watching and time to start doing. It quite plainly told him that if he didn't do something, it would.

"Could I have some food please?"

11. Bick

Bick New Member

Pasha growled under his breath, stopping as he finished with more of the makeshift rope. He quickly lifted himself, now knowing it would be the best time.

He stopped Fox just as she started out the cave entrance.

“I’ve been quiet most of the time.” He said, annoyance obvious in his voice.

“Keep calm.” Yuri hissed.

“I’ve followed you, even though I’m not a follower. I’ve had my weapons ready to help protect this group. I’ve given food, and made no protests on what’s been doing. I’m not going to be silent anymore. You are not my leader, and if you tell me to do one more thing, I’m going to use force to shut that little trap of yours. I am double your size, and strength. Just because I’ve been nice, doesn’t mean I will stay nice. Once you prove you can be my leader, I will follow. But for now, you shut the hell up and learn to respect me. Did you notice you didn’t told those two to protect the cave? Is that because you still don’t trust me? Or do you actually believe it’s just from the dangerous creatures on this planet? What have I done to make you think of me otherwise? Nothing.” He growled, quickly turning around, and sitting back next to Viva. He put her hand in his and gently rubbed it. He felt himself calming down.

12. Foxee

"Reva, I need to know that I can depend of you in dangerous situations. If we would have all ran, they probably would have ganged up on one of us and killed them. I promise you, I will call for a retreat if I think it will be whats best for all of us."

"That's fair enough," Reva was standing face-to-face with Fox now and she was aware that she had to tilt her head back to look the woman in the eye, "but I'm not going to stand around and get killed when I don't have a weapon or any other way to defend myself. You can do what you think is best for us and I'll temper that with what I think, too. Of course I want what's best for all of us but I won't be a sacrificial lamb, either."

Reva walked to the cave entrance, avoiding Pasha who was working steadily, and tossed the water out over what was becoming an improvised fence.

"Would you please come with me as I scout around the mountain." Fox asked as she caught up with Reva at the cave entrance.

"Could I have some food please?" A voice near the ground spoke at almost the same time as Fox. It was Allen.

"Yes, okay," Reva told Fox with a sinking heart. All she wanted to do was eat something the size of a small horse then lie down and sleep for a week. But the sun was setting quickly and light for scouting would be lost.

She left Allen for the others to deal with and walked out of the cave entrance, careful not to upset anything Pasha was doing. Then she heard the sound of jet planes.

Jets?

Reva stopped, Fox almost running her over by accident, and looked up.

"Holy cow! There are fighter jets! Do you see that?" Reva pointed and as she did they were gone.

She blinked.

They hadn't flown away, they hadn't landed, they had just disappeared without a trace.

((The jets are a manifestation of Viva's mutation...only Reva saw the jets that Viva imagined. According to Charisma.))

13. Shadow Dragon

Fox looks back at Pasha, "I'm sorry if I sounded disrespectful. I really do appriciate all that you've done for us. I had Britney and Raylene be the guards becuase I figured that you and Viva would be too busy building the gate to pay attention to what is happening outside. I promise, I will earn my position as leader. Come on Reva, we should hurry up and do the scouting before it gets dark."

As she left the cave, she thought about Lonan. Whenever a member of the Warriors of Ares looked at him, they had admiration in their eyes. When her tribe looked at her, they had scorn in their eyes. "Ok, I'm not back on earth, and these guys aren't my subordinates. There civillians. Like Lonan told me before, people won't follow you because you give orders, they will follow you because you have earned their trust." thinks Fox.

Fox looks in the sky but doesn't see anything. "What are you talking about. There's nothing there." says Fox.

14. Charisma

Viva alerted her ears when Reva reported fighter planes. She shot up, thinking. She had just imagined fighter planes, and there Reva saw them.
    "Do I like, write the future?"
    She though to herself, and then shrugged it off.
    "Must be a coincidence. Though, if there are jets here - they might be looking for me.'
    The thought of a job not done freaked Viva. She rubbed away her drawing and she sat, looking towards the walls of the cave.

15. Foxee

Reva turned to Fox.

"You didn't see them? They were right there..." her voice dropped uncertainly, "then they weren't."

Reva shook her head briskly to clear it.

"Sorry, I think I'm hallucinating from hunger. Let's go."

16. Charisma

Viva was relieved that there was no reality in her sighting. She smiled and then looked over to Allen with anticipating eyes.
    "So...how are you? You look like an interesting person. I'm Viva, by the way. Vee, Aye, Vee Ai. Got it?"
    She moved forward, her knee touching his.

17. Shadow Dragon

"Um...ok. The main thing that we should look for is any plant that grows fruit. Britney apparently found some blue peach like fruit earlier today." says Fox.

As Britney sat She heard Allen ask for food. "Shut up, you don't deserve any food." says Britney.

18. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

It was not long before Ben heard something, travelling through the foothills, head low, trying to remain unseen as the setting sun made everything cast long shadows. In the distance there was a sound, nearly 800 yards away Ben could clearly see movement, how he heard that movement so far away he didn't know, but at a time when your stomach trumps the brain you don't ask questions. He moved silently across the frost covered dirt, careful to avoid rustling any of the little bushes that checkered the ground. Nearly 10 minutes later, Ben got a sight of what it was.

There stood a ram, but it wasn't quite like any ram Ben had seen on the discovery channel. The thing was almost the size of a horse, its curled horns were stubby, its fur was snow white and though Ben couldn't see the creature's face, he could only shudder at what was present there. The long tail that hung of its ass swung back and forth happily as it tore piece after piece from a strange, blue lichen. Maybe thats edible too. Ben was still 100 yards away, not nearly close enough for the shot, but he was moving closer and closer, creeping death on the frigid fields, that was until something happened.

Overhead a massive sonic boom shook the ground as low flying jets shot across the sky. In the indescribably loud wind Ben screamed, "JESUS!" Needless to say, the ram, spooked and confused, turned around and began to run away, but something stood in its way, Ben. The thing reared back, trying to stop moving as it approached the lawyer fast, and the lawyer, equally surprised, quickly tried to raise his gun and fire. Just as the thing began to slow 200 BB's stopped it dead. Ben walked over to the thing, sweating profusely, and tried to lift the thing, but he found his mid-section was unwilling to strain with that much weight, for as he tried to hoist it onto his back, a sharp pain shot through his body like lightning. "God! What the ****?" he yelled, panting harshly. "Am I supposed to drag this thing all the way back to that ****ing cave?" he shouted at the sky. Silence was his answer, and after a moment of looking at the ram, three pairs of eyes revealed now on its furry face, he couldn't refuse his stomach, so he held his gun with one hand and a leg with the other, and he began to drag it across the rocky, unforgiving dirt.

19. Gladiatus

Gladiatus New Member

Ok here is my character, Im a newbie. Now for me to fit in some how....

Name: Juliano “Hays” Haywardo

Type of Character: Wrongly Accused

Appearance: he is five foot, 11 inches tall. He has a very muscular build and blonde hair that is long. It is turned into a ponytail behind his head. He has small scar that is just above his right kneecap as a result of a gunshot wound. He has bright blue eyes.

Skills: He is highly proficient in any combat (reasons below). Also good with computers, highly organised

Results of Genetic Alteration: Positive: He has become Nocturnal, he is awake at night. As a result he can see in the dark as well as the light and finds it hard to get tired.
    Negative: this results in colour blindness.

Personality: He is a quite man, used to getting what he wants. If someone impresses him he quickly begins trust them, a weakness he has tried to address. Reliable in a firefight, cool under pressure. However when things begin to turn for the worst he starts to choose radical options, some which some people would never think of doing.

Background: He spent 17 years in the ERRF (Earth Rapid Response Force), the equivalent on 21st century SWAT. This has taught him the “ins and outs” of any form of combat. After a raid on his base he was wounded in the leg. The Force released him from his position despite his protests. Shortly after several key documents and weapons disappeared from the base. He was sent to Mik14 to work until death after the Force decided he was the only logical culprit. He has denied this from day 1.

20. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Allen decided it wouldn't be any good to talk to the guard, so he ignored her completely. "I'm Allen. A-l-l-e-n. He put a smile on his face. "I'm really hungry. I haven't eaten since before that storm." With that he looked down at his broken arm. "That storm screwed up a lot of things didn't it?"

He scanned her face, trying to see how she reacted. Did she know why he was tied up?

21. Charisma

Viva frowned, and then giggled.
    "Aww, bad storm. I love rain though. Even when it froze me to death!"
    She then caressed his arm, adding:
    "Aww, poor you. I'm no doc, but momma used to say, break a leg! Hehe, you broke an arm instead. And oh oh! I have some meat. I think you'll like some."
    Viva didn't realize as Pasha clenched his fists when she patted Allen's arm.

22. Bick

Bick New Member

Pasha could feel the anger go through him as he looked at Allen. His hands clenched around the rope he was working on as he quickly stood up. He grabbed his bludgeoning stick tightly and quickly put his other hand on Viva’s shoulder.

“I think I’ll take care of Allen.” He growled, his voice echoed through the cave. He helped Viva to her feet, and motioned for her to leave. He kneeled down next to Allen.

“You don’t know me, but I don’t want to see you near her again. I’m not very nice.” He growled. He stood up, and nonchalantly hit the man’s arm with the end of his bludgeoning stick. He heard a yell just as he walked off back to his work with a smile on his face.

23. Charisma

Viva's eyes widened as Pasha hit Allen. She grinned, pretty embarrassed.
    "Uhh...later. I'll get you food though."
    She whispered, saving Pasha from hearing her. A voice mocked:
    "Oh, so like no chances for break-up? He never said the probation for match-making would expire in half an hour."
    Viva shook her head, avoiding the sarcastic impulse. She then tiptoed to their stuff and pulled out the last remains of the antelope and sniffed it.
    "It'll go bad soon, so I should cook it."
    She thought to herself, and started to build a fire from few of the stick she had brought in. Once the flames bloomed, she stuck the meat on the sticks quite professionally and then stuck two of the four sticks on the fire. She was afraid. Not of the fire, but Pasha.
    "He likes you, so he won't hurt you. But how long?"

24. Foxee

Reva heard the sound of the shotgun booming from farther down the slope as she and Fox set out.

"Did you hear that?" she asked, no longer totally trusting her own senses.

25. Shadow Dragon

As Pasha was walking away from Allen, Britney began to smile.

"Hey Pasha wait a sec." says Britney as Pashe turns around. She walks up to him and whispers to him "There is something about our guest that you should know about. He's a goverment agent. He will try to take advantage of Viva's kindness if he gets the chance to. He has assassinated people before and wouldn't think twice about killing Viva, if he thought it would help him escape. Just something to consider." She goes back to the fire and sits down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.