Pax: the discussion thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by jonathan hernandez13, May 31, 2010.

Tags:
  1. thesilverdepths

thesilverdepths New Member

Aw man, I know what that's like. We're all friends here so feel free to message me if you feel the need to vent :)

Carter and Oliver work together pretty nicely, haha I very much enjoy having him as a partner :cool:

The raid is going to be insanely awesome (NRG's gonna be there, nuff said ^.^), but i'm trying not to overdue the post although it will probably with be hella lengthy

We'll see how it goes :]

2. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Thanks but it wont be necessary :D
    U can't throw a stone at my school without hitting someone Ive vented to :D

Ahem, now back to this whole Writing Forum Milarky :D Ill wait for ur post

3. Headroller

Headroller New Member

NRG, do ya mind picking JJ and Trin up? Stop when you see the two of us from the cab. They'd probably have gotten the message fine, but put enough urgency into it and they'll have to come along. After all, we're loaded n ready to go. :D

We can npc Trin until Flamingo shows up again.

4. NRG

NRG New Member

Sure, but I'll wait for someone else to post, don't want to double post.

5. thesilverdepths

Phew! I'm guessing this is going to be big then :-D we've got the whole party

I'll be posting later today, in the meantime just try and nudge up some conversation ;D

6. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Carters already said some stuff to u so Im waiting for Oliver to reply and to start the car :D

7. NRG

NRG New Member

just letting you guys know, Leaka and I have a small plan for Nathan and Mort. An amusing plan... :D

8. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

you guys are building up a great deal of suspense, this better be worth it, I have the feeling I will enjoy it though:cool:

there was a firefight!!!!!!!!!!!:D

[​IMG]

9. NRG

NRG New Member

What movie/tv show.anything else is that from? Sorry, I'm not good with things like this. :D

Oh, Jon, could Spectre reply to Nathan's question about the taxis?

10. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Thanks, but no thanks, perfectly happy in this fine forum :D

11. jonathan hernandez13

it's from Boondock Saints, and I'm gonna have to re-read the post:rolleyes:

and yes, missy whoever you are, it looks like you're new here so I'll let you know, that is ballsy spamming and it's not liked on the site, and especially not in my RPG discussion thread, so kindly bugger off

12. NRG

NRG New Member

OK, I'm replying now. Do you mind if I take control of Mel?

13. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Okay. NRG. I'm finally finished with HW. After your post do you want me to post? Or am I to late now?

14. jonathan hernandez13

61 Cygni:

a)Galactic coordinates: bearing 82.3° (galactic longitude) x mark -5.8° (galactic longitude)

b)Class: K5V/K7V

c)Distance: 11.36 light years

d)Proper name: None

e)Luminosity: 0.215 / 0.15

f)Age: 6 x billion years

g)Banner: The banner of the 61 Cygni is a blue swan (representing the Cygnus constellation to which the system belongs) on a blue background. Two stars flank the swan, representing 6 Cygni A and B, and the Roman numerals (LXI) for 61 are in the foreground.

h)System: The 61 Cygni star system is a binary star system with several large gas giants and a few terrestrial worlds. 61 Cygni A and B are relatively small and dim compared to Sol’s sun, and the terrestrial planets around them are quite cold. The ‘A’ star is a BY type Draconis variable, with regular periods of variations in luminosity.

i)The planets: The planets of the 61 Cygni system are named after the gods and goddesses of Thracian mythology. The capital world of the 61 Cygni system is Bendis.

j)Habitable Zone: 0.39 AU

The 61 Cygni system is a fairly rich planet in terms of heavy elements such as metals but is relatively cold. The only inhabitable world in the system, Bendis, is too cold for liquid water and is a planet of ice. The colonists are forced to adapt by living in shelters all year round and mining the ice and crust for water and resources. Like Alpha Centauri, the system is quite old, and has a number of both flora and fauna that have adapted to the harsh environment. The system, because of its relative nearness to Sol and resources, is an important destination but not an ideal stop for tourists.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sun compared with 61 Cygni A and B

[​IMG]

a view from Bendis

[​IMG]

15. NRG

NRG New Member

No, you're not too late, in fact, I'm about to reply, so you're just on time!:D I'm about to post, then you could post and get Mort into the car somehow... Should be amusing to read. :D

Oh, also, Jon, that's great! So, will we be going there next, or is that where we are now? Sorry, I've forgotten and I can't find the page... :D

16. jonathan hernandez13

No, have fun with him:cool:

You're on an asteroid named Ceres now, an asteroid in the solar system

and as for where we're going next, that's classified for now:cool:

17. NRG

NRG New Member

OK. Great!

I knew we were on Ceres, just didn't know the system.

OK, now I'll post. :D

18. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

All right, shall do. :)

19. NRG

NRG New Member

Sorry for the delay, I've had a really busy day, but I've posted now. Leaka, I haven't written about the car leaving the alley yet, so you can still sneak on. Again, sorry for the delay...

20. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

It's okay. This is going to be really funny.

21. NRG

NRG New Member

Well, we're going to have a full car! I can't wait to find out what Trin thinks when she sees Mort! :D

22. jonathan hernandez13

Just a bit of a clarification, the only person who's supposed to know that Specter is a female is Wolf because he had inside info, the rest of you arent supposed to know what she is because she's invisible most of the time and disguises her voice.

I don't know what you guys were imagining when I mentioned the organ thieves, but they're basically urban pirates, very cyberpunk-looking. If you don't know what cyberpunk is, it's like the anime movie Akira or classic Bladerunner film. In literature it's pervasive, well represented by William Gibson's Neuromancer. A couple RPG games like Shadowrun have tapped into the essence of cyberpunk. Very dark, countercultural, urban, violent, and morally bankrupt. These organ thieves arent taking organs for the hell of it and arent eating them, theyre selling them on a black market, and alot of them are doing it to support their drug habits or buy cybernetic implants.

And you guys are supposed to be undercover, so it's not a good idea to tell everybody who's willing to listen that you're fleet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. thesilverdepths

Haha nice pics Jon, it'll make it easier to imagine up the whole situation :] The organ thieves look like they could hit up the nearest glow rave :p

Don't mean to make everyone wait, thinking up of what to write as of this moment lmao x]]

24. jonathan hernandez13

Pretty much, at least the thieves are...

As for the people high up on the whole organ theft pyramid of crime, that's up to you, these guys are just pawns for the big fat cats. Kind of makes you wonder, what kind of perverse wacko needs these many spare human parts?:rolleyes:

25. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The boss organleggers will appear to be reputable businessmen. Suits. No ties, of course, Those went out of fashion in the Belt, a piece of cloth wrapped around the neck and drifting around in low gravity.

There will always be a demand for viable organs. Wealthy men and women who've abused their bodies with overearing, drinking, drugs, dangerous sports, and incautious sex will need replacement parts, and will pay almost anything to get them. High level crime bosses will replace entire hands to erase their fingerprints and handprints, or replace eyeballs to prevent identification by retinal scan.

Yes, it's a deadly, booming business. And these are desperate men indeed. Because the penalty for trafficking in human organs is just, but harsh.

Organleggers are broken down to replenish the legitimate, government regulated medical organ banks.