Welcome to Rin'ov Dulezz!
Rin'ov Dulezz is a world where the character's worst fears and griefs come alive to torment him. The world consists of an underground labyrinth of caves and tunnels, the only illumination coming from the phosphorescent fungus that grows along the stone walls. At the center of the labyrinth is a magic Node. Power can be drawn from the Node to enhance the abilities of the user. This may seem useless to players with a fighter style but there is more to this Node. The Node also contains a weapon in it's center, it contains the spirit of the Spellsword Arriana. Due Arriana's tampering with the ancient magic within the node, the only way to get through the labyrinth and to the Node is through it's corridors. But travelers take warning, the labyrinth is also riddled with traps and spells to hinder and torture the seeker of the Node. Each passage presents a new test and trial for the traveler, each one gradually getting worse until he must face Arriana herself and claim the Node and the weapon to which she bound herself.
The goal of this game is to make it to the center of the labyrinth and claim the Node and Arriana's Blade of Dero'lyle. Each player will begin at the entrance of the Labyrinth. The area outside the labyrinth entrance is forest. It doesn't matter why the player decides to go inside only that it does. Once inside the trials that the player faces will be up to the player. Eventually I will decide who will be worthy to face Arriana and claim her power. If that comes to pass the story will begin anew, but this time the player will face not only Arriana but the holder of her sword.
Each player will be able to chose from one of these races:
Elves; graceful, long-lived denizens of the forests. Elves tend to be funloving and are lovers of light. They are repelled instantly by anything dark. Prefer marksman weapons and blades. Can use Life magic
Dwarves; short, stout, stone workers. They like finding new caves and mines in order to find gold and other minerals. Most often bearded and prefer axes or blut wepons.
Minotaurs; Tall, with a bulls head and legs, Cloven hooves serve as feet. Covered in bull-like hair except on the chest and sides of back. They tend to be war-loving and look for any reason to fight. Prefer Axes and blunt weapons.
Humans; shorter-lived then other races Humans are probally the most adaptable. They are quick-thinkers and very versatile. Can use BLunt, Blade, and Marksman weapons.
Drow; Blue-skinned cousins to the elves. Tend to lean towards dark practices. Skilled in Dark magic and are very manipulative. Prefer useing blades and marksman weapons.
Fae; Winged, graceful, and shy. can only use magic and can very rarely cause harm to another. Most are only about a foot and half tall. also known as Faires.
Each player will then post a character template in the Discussion Thread for Rin'ov Dulezz with the following
Motive of Why She/He is Facing the Labyrinth:
Each player will have ONE character. Any further characters must first be previewed by me.
1. NO god-modding! This is a friendly game and any attempt at seeming all-powerful is unfair to the other players. Keep it simple
2. Players may not take control of another player's character without the consent of the the other player. Team plays should be planned by PMing and then posting.
3. Mind this is a story line. Posts must be first drafted off-line, perfected, and then posted. Each post must be at least 100 words in length.
4. Only I the GM can award Arriana's Sword and the Node
5. The GM is the Law, what I say goes. Even if it involves breaking my own rules.
6. Characters cannot kill each other! This reverts back to #2. This also includes causing direct damage to other characters without consent of the player.
7. Continue the story. Do not recap other players posts and do not re-write posts from your characters point of view. Keep it in the present.
8. Character Templates should be approved by the GM. They must be posted in the discussion thread following the template explained above.
9. Each post should have the character's name for the title.
10. Words said by other character's should be bolded.
11. No one-line posts! Lets try and keep it 100+ words k
12. Read all the most recent posts. Keep up on the action, it could be easy to get lost.
13. FLAMING, INSULTING, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF HARSHNESS THAT IS DELIBERATELY USED TO HURT SOMEONE ELSE’S FEELINGS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT ALL, NOR ACCEPTED ANYWHERE ELSE AROUND THE FORUM.
14. No out of character content. Keep that in the discussion forum.
15. "I turned around and he was gone." It occasionally happens that players go absent. If you find yourself stuck waiting on a absent player you may ask permission of the GM to invoke the "I turned around and he was gone," rule. To do this, you write in that the absent player's character simply disappeared when your character wasn't looking. Disappeared characters can always be brought back into the game by making an excuse for disappearing if the absent player returns.
16. Feel free to make suggestions or negotiate with the GM.
17. Have fun and good luck!