1. Isaiah Harden

Isaiah Harden New Member

Which of the following could represent one of these elements?

Discussion in 'Research' started by Isaiah Harden, Feb 18, 2013.

I'm writing a story, and I need a bit of info for it. Which animals, weapons, (inanimate) objects, gems/stones/jewels, magical items, superhuman powers/abilities could represent the following elements:

Fire:
    Water:
    Earth:
    Lightning:
    Air:
    Light:
    Ice:
    Power/Force:

Just to give you an example of how I want it answered and to clarify, this is what I mean:

Element: Animal, Weapons, Gemstone, Magical/Special Item, Superhuman Power/Ability.

Thanks!

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

the key word here is 'could'... since you are the writer, it can be anything you choose...

but if you're asking what they are represented by in mythology or tribal culture, then you can find that out with a bit of googling...

3. Xatron

Xatron New Member

i) A gemstone and a weapon are special items if not magical, so the fourth category is mute.
    ii)Wouldn't the superhuman power/ability you are looking for be the element itself? Either by conjuration, control or manipulation they are commonly used in the world of fantasy/sci-fi literature.
    iii)When you list Power/force as an element, you mean physics force or Darth Vader force?
    iv) You would have to give us more than what you already have on the concept of each element in your story. How would magic work for that element? For example would fire be conjured out of thin air or created with temperature manipulation or something similar? If it is created then fire, ice and air would be all parts of the same magical effect "heat manipulation".

4. Isaiah Harden

Isaiah Harden New Member

I was planning on having 8 sets of 12 marbles which contained the power of the elements influenced by different species of animals. Like for example: Birds, Cats, Insects, Marine Animals, Reptiles, Large/Strong Animals like Rhinos, Hippos, Elephants, Buffalo, etc, and even Dinos! Each set was going to have 4 marbles with the same type of animal. So, in other words: 4 out of 12 marbles would be the same type, like: Lion, Lion, Lion, Lion. Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger. Cheetah, Cheetah, Cheetah, Cheetah. When I say power/force I meant the gravitational field conjurer kind of power/force. And I wanted the superhuman ability to be similar to the animal part of the marble, not the elemental. And I mean all the animal traits because I was planning for them to be the children of the eight gods: Hybrids, in other words.

5. Oswiecenie

Oswiecenie Active Member

Hmmm...as for animals:

Fire: Hookworm
    Water: Naegleria fowleri
    Earth: Centipede
    Lightning: Isopoda
    Air: Warble fly
    Light: Larva of the Warble fly
    Ice: Hercules beetle
    Power/Force: Larva of the Hercules beetle

Hope I was helpful to you :)