1. Raven

Raven Banned

Tavern's General Life Issues Corner.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Apr 30, 2008.

Some of us have problems in life that we may want to share Id like to think if you do maybe you can share them with each other in here.

For example Job interviews advice
    Exam advice
    Home issues advice

Or you may wish to just plainly talk about your problems. If you’re having a very bad time and need to talk with sympathetic ears (eyes).

In a nut shell you’re every day to day life issues. It’s a little like Tavern's Lad's Girls Discussion Thread. Only covers life in general on the whole.

maybe your anxious about something or you simply want to talk and have someone listen have issues at home that are joyous or painful and you need serious advice

Since this thread will be of that nature I will delete any flame posts I will delete and insulting posts foul language of insulting behaviour and will issue warnings.

Please keep this thread clean.
    I guess it’s like an agony aunt thread only were we all chip in.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Awesome. I'll kick things off.

*ahem*

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Exams in 5 days!

3. lessa

lessa New Member

Exams in 5 days.
    forget the site address and spend the days studying.
    we will be here when you have passed your exams.

4. Banzai

I'm taking a break from revision. If I do too much at once, it stops going in. It's a bit of an annoyance.

5. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

I got exams coming too..:( in 1 week.

6. lessa

lessa New Member

sure wish all my problems could be solved by doing exams.
    even if done poorly you won't fail.
    good luck to all those with exams.

7. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Thanks Lessa. I for one need it. I'm gonna get very poor marks this time. Considering I'll be returning at 5:30 in the evening everyday and skool starts at 8:30 and we've got choir too.

8. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Banzai, don't worry so much about your exams, I am convinced you'll do better than you think. every time I talk to you, you say you have been revising that day, that's gotta add up to something. just relex, eat a good breakfast the morning before them (I know, how dare I) and do the best you can.

Same applies to you too, Neha

9. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

Yeah, don't worry too much Banzai. Exams seem like they're going to be difficult, but once you actually get there, it seems as if they're easier than you thought. I usually get myself fairly worked up over major tests, but nine times out of ten I walk in there and do a lot better than I thought I would. What sucks is tenth test that just kicks your ass three ways to Sunday.

10. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Looks like a lot of people have exams and similar stuff. Myself, I have three book reports due next week and several other projects - but I haven't started reading yet. Not sure what I'm going to do come Tuesday.

11. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

What books do you have to read?

12. Bick

Bick New Member

All right. Well apparently my mother through her friend found a High School Dropout program in the local community college. Yes, I am now a High School dropout, excitement right? She would rather me take this program in which I will take College classes that will go towards and count as a High School Diploma. So it would be better for me to this instead of going for the G.E.D.and my mother supports me in it. Should I be happy about this? No.

Because now, those three words are connected with my name. Bick: High School Dropout. It didn't feel like that before, but now it really does and frankly I don't like it.

13. Banzai

The important thing though, Bick, is where you go from here.

14. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

One of my room mates is a high school drop out. As much as I hate him, he's managed to get into college, and he's had three good years here.

15. Bick

Bick New Member

So. I have another problem. It's more a question if you might know what it is, sort of thing.

So, there are times when I've noticed that yes, there is blood in my stool. Something to cause for alarm, I'm sure, but well. When it's been happening since you were in 8th grade, who cares? As of late I've been getting these huuuugge, sharp, electric pain the goes from my tailbone to my chest, or my stomach or my frontal area. It's actually really painful and I can barely move at those times.

Why haven't I gotten this checked out? What does it deal with? Some place I don't want a god damned doctor going near, that's for sure. I haven't even told my mother, why? Because, I'm that afraid. =)

Anyone know what it might be?

16. lessa

lessa New Member

Bick, it could be stress.
    It could also be an ulcer.
    Go to a dr. Find a female dr. and before go write down all the symptoms.
    There is no point in adding to your stress. You can put many things off to a better time.
    Your health is not one of those things.

17. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

That happened to my friend's father for years, and he didn't have it looked at. He died of colon cancer last November. It would have been preventable had he gone to the doctor, but he didn't. You should get to a doctor right now.

18. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Bick you should get that checked out. I do not want anything to happen to my friends.

Myself, I haven't been sleeping very good.
    It is one of those you have fallen asleep, but when you wake up you feel as if you haven't had any sleep, but you have had sleep.
    So I am tired, but I am not tired.
    Also I can never go to sleep during my set bed time. Sometimes I sit in the bed hours at a time.

19. lessa

lessa New Member

So, there are times when I've noticed that yes, there is blood in my stool. Something to cause for alarm, I'm sure, but well. When it's been happening since you were in 8th grade, who cares? As of late I've been getting these huuuugge, sharp, electric pain the goes from my tailbone to my chest, or my stomach or my frontal area. It's actually really painful and I can barely move at those times.

ok. this part sounds like endometriosis. very painful and very got ridable.
    simple procedure done in 2 hours home from hospital 2 hours after procedure.
    if that is what it is it will only get more painful and prevent you supposedly ever having children.
    Please see your dr. I had it from the time I was 14 but I had 2 children also had about 42 spontaneous abortions. (miscarriages within 1 week of being pregnant. Finally had it diagnosed and fixed at age 49.
    Lots of pain for lack of a decent dr.

20. FoxyMomma

FoxyMomma New Member

I have endomitriosis and pcos. I have had 5 surgeries in 10 years to remove growths and cysts from my ovaries, uterus, and even my appendix had to be removed because cysts from endomitrial tissue began to grow on it. It's quite painful. I got pregnant easily, but my pregnancies were hell. I was on bedrest for the second half of both of them, with premature labor. I had at least 3 miscarriages also. I'm now "spayed" (got my tubes tied). I really wanted a hystorectomy but my OB wouldn't do it since I was 24 when I asked for it. She said I was too young. I actually need another surgery now, but I have no health insurance....-shrug- so I just deal with the pain.

21. Tears

Tears New Member

lol, I'd love to celebrate Mother's Day but unforunately I don't have a mother anymore. It bites but oh well life goes on.:)

22. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I'm thinking celebrating her memory would be a great way to honour her

23. Tears

Tears New Member

She isn't dead Eoz Eanj...She disowned me. Pretty much told me I am not welcome in my family or in my own home anymore. Told me to get out and never come back.

24. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Rumpole?

Leader, how long ago was that? Sometimes people say things they regret later, and would recant, given the chance. Even mothers.

Or is it something you aern't prepared to forgive yet?

25. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Remember her anyway. Honour her just the same.