1. PencilJockey

PencilJockey New Member

10 words game

Discussion in 'Word games' started by PencilJockey, Nov 11, 2006.

My bf and I play this game to help with writer's block as well as to learn new words. The way it works is that the first person comes up with 10 random words. It is then the next person's job to create a paragraph using those 10 words. It can be serious, silly, true, fantasy, etc...as long as you use all 10 of the words. Once you post your paragraph it is then your responsiblity to pick 10 different words for the next person to create a paragraph.

Anyone interested?

Suggestions: Do not use common words such as a, an, the, is, of, etc... Try to primarily stick with verbs, adjectives or nouns.

Here are the first 10 words:

gargoyle
    misconduct
    affiliate
    hyperspace
    blue
    skeleton
    degrees
    frosty
    defiled
    cupcakes

Elvira Chavez likes this.
  2. Raven

Raven Banned

The gargoyle was acused of misconduct forcing him to afiliate with the theory of Hyperspace because of his failure. Yet he couldn't help but notice the blue sky above. He looked across to see a skeleton 55 degrees to the west on this frosty day. he then felt rather defiled and started to eat some cupcakes left on the path he stood upon.

Ok heres my ten words for the next person.

Apocalypse
    catastrophe
    devastation
    destruction
    obliteration
    preservation
    continuation
    development
    Life
    Beginnings

3. PencilJockey

PencilJockey New Member

Jena had dreams of an Apocalypse that would end all life. She dreamed of the four horsemen creating devastation with worldwide destruction. The catastrophe leading to human obliteration was one with a development stretching eons. In Jena's dream there was no hope for the preservation of life. The continuation of man's sins put an end to all beginnings and left Jena shaking with fear as she stood among the crowd.

turgid
    bagpipes
    enunciation
    disrespect
    matchbox
    eagle :p
    sulfur
    bombardment
    pickles
    proliferation

-I like to make a list of oddly matched words. :D

4. Raven

Raven Banned

I'm impressed you managed to use all my words. :p

My turn again. lol You just know that Eagles going to be wingless don' t you lol :)

~Raven.

5. Radrook

Radrook Banned Contributor

turgid
    bagpipes
    enunciation
    matchbox
    eagle
    sulfur
    bombardment
    pickles
    proliferation
    disrespect

The bombardment had done its intended job.

A solitary disoriented eagle flew erratically above the turgid, sulfur-contaminated waters while in the distance, bagpipes played a disorganized dirge. From a blistered, smoldering hilltop within the ruins of his church, enunciation of rambling prayers poured forth while a wild-eyed wounded priest kept mindlessly repeating the words “proliferation” and “disrespect” as if they ha d been part of some sacred mantra. Down in the scoured valley, in the devastated city, amidst the city’s rubble, a child wandered absentmindedly with a match box in one bleeding hand, and a mud-covered jar of pickles in the other.

The bombardment had done its intended job.

infernus
    quick
    button
    brown
    strange
    cave
    heavy
    dim
    calibrated
    casual

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  6. Elvira Chavez

Elvira Chavez Member

The desert a blazing infernus, I was quick to jump through the hot sand as I tried to find a shady area for relief. I tore the button off my shirt, for the metal pieces were burning into my skin leaving a brown mark on my flesh. A strange mirage appeared before me, It was a cave with a heavy waterfall inside it. I walked on only concentrating on the cave. A cloud appeared and walked along with me. As I approached this beautiful scene, I seen a woman inside her face was strikingly beautiful under a dim light. As I approached I noticed plexiglass covering her and the water fall, I then calibrated the pulley which then lifted the plexiglass. We had a casual encounter, this turned out to be a good day.

ubiquitous
    tumescent
    roller coaster
    ocean
    enlightening
    flailing
    dolphin
    fear
    perplexed
    shallow