2063: Icarus (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by halisme, Nov 9, 2016.

1. obi-sem kenobi

obi-sem kenobi Senior Member

Which brings me to an interesting point... @halisme are there any rules for swearing and stuff? I've seen in some other RPs that people think a word like "fuck" is a heavier swear word than a word like "damn", while it's the other way around for me so I'd be more tempted to use the former. Having my character be an ass might include some "mild swearing" from my point of view, though I can easily change that if you'd prefer to keep things clean.

2. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Swearing is fine. If you can kill people by the dozen, you can say a naughty word.

3. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Hey, @halisme can you write what Lizzie sees through her heat-sensitive vision? And the structure of the tower and surrounding courtyard besides.

4. halisme

Will do. I've been a bit busy lately which is why I've been posting every few days.

5. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

@halisme
    If you want to post something about how G-Block looks and/or what security's response to Kami's entrance is, that'd be nice. If not, I'll just wing it.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  6. halisme

Will do, but I've been swamped with lectures and coursework at the moment.

7. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Haha excellent, all hell is breaking loose! We got the mayhem we asked for I suppose :)

I don't fancy Aaron's chances against Emma either haha!

8. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Hey @halisme you didn't describe if Lizxie was seeing any of the guards moving around

9. halisme

Sorry, I had a lot to reply to and I will add it to the last post.

10. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

What would happen to Arron if Emma shot him lol?

11. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Who knows ;)

It's Emma's decision at the end of the day!

12. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Note to self: don't ever go to work while this RP is on. I'm completely lost.

13. gibble410

Lol

14. gibble410

Im going on a roadtrip with my family, north Carolina. I will be back Sunday, so I'll try and catch up

15. AnonyMouse

@gibble410
    Are you going to post before you go? @Fan7asticMrFox is stuck until you reply and the rest of us are also waiting for that scenario to move foward, so we'll know how to proceed.
    (Or are you already gone for the weekend? :()

16. ShannonH

ShannonH Senior Member Contest Winner 2023

Sorry I haven't been able to jump in yet. Real life is at fault.

Any suggestions for when/how to get my character started?

17. obi-sem kenobi

Yeah, life happens sometimes :)
    As for how to get started, you could just pop into the simulation and complain about cheap-ass malfunctioning equipment or something :p

18. gibble410

Oh, sorry, I thought I did post. I'll post boe @AnonyMouse

19. I.A. By the Barn

Could someone please explain what's going on? I'm so easily confused. There was a reason I was hesitant to join another RP XD

20. obi-sem kenobi

@I.A. By the Barn Here's the rundown:
    Most of us have entered the simulation right now and we have 4 targets. A family of three and a the wife of the head of security. The moment Emma (aggressive young lady with the Technicolour Dream Cloak) entered the simulation she ran off and shot a guard, triggering almost every alarm in the building. Alexander (my character) popped in, hacked into the security servers and set off the alarm in some other places in the spire as well to buy the team some time. It was decided that some people would cause a ruckus while the others go in to supposedly 'rescue' the family while in the meantime Alexander's AI is looking for a more precise location on Mrs. White. Then everybody decided to run off by themselves and Aaron (the propaganda guy) somehow got to the family before Emma did, who sneaked up on him from behind and pulled a gun on him. He, though scared for his life, proceeded with the plan and yelled out to the family that he was part of the security detail over the roaring alarms. Emma, however, plans to kill them the moment they come out of the door. Elizabeth (The MacGyver-like MI6 lady) decided to stay put and use her different types of vision to scout out the area from where she stood, and also seems to have a past with Alexander. Kami (little girl with a big gun) flew off to get Mrs. White, using the thrusters on her Railgun to fly outside, shoot up half the building and enter at the approximate location of her target.

I think that about wraps it up for now :)

I.A. By the Barn and halisme like this.
  21. I.A. By the Barn

@obi-sem kenobi Thank you very much, but I think it might be better if I drop out, my brain just doesn't seem up to scratch at the moment. Luckily not too many characters have interacted with mine so not too much should be disrupted.
    Sorry about that @halisme , I've done that twice now and I love your concepts. Very sorry :(

22. halisme

Maybe next time, or you can pick it back up in a later episode.

23. AnonyMouse

@I.A. By the Barn
    Sorry to see you go. I've really liked your characters in past games and hope you come back in a future episode.

Speaking of which, @halisme, about how long do you think these episodes will be? I'm hoping they're relatively short, so new players can come and those who don't have time can easily drop out and/or return later. Also, I've been thinking about trying out another character in a future episode. I'm still unsure if I want to sideline Kami or play two characters; I'd rather not play two, (because I have a tendency to dialogue with myself a little too much if I'm not careful,) but I'm enjoying her a lot so far. Ugh, decisions, decisions... :p

Also, @obi-sem kenobi, I'd like to make one minor correction to your amazing summary. Kami limited her firing to G-block. She was trying to inject a little chaos in that section of the tower, as well as make a breach through which she could enter. Despite appearances, she isn't just firing indiscriminately. So, the spire's security forces should be pulled three ways now: Emma's gunshot, Kami's dramatic entrance, and the alarms Alexander set off elsewhere. They're probably very confused right now, which is exactly what Kami wants.

24. halisme

I plan on the episodes being short, but as this is collaborative, we're all responsible for the length. Each one should be about two to three, I'll just say "encounters".

25. obi-sem kenobi

but as this is collaborative, we're all responsible for the length.
    ... ...

I apologize in advance xD

Also, yeah I might have used as bit of a hyperbole there :p I have to say though, when you said that there were thrusters on the side of her gun to counter the kick, I hadn't imagined yet that she'd actually use them to fly around on that thing. So yeah,:pop::superagree: