1. davidm

davidm Poodle of Guernica

Magazine

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by davidm, May 23, 2014.

Perhaps this has been broached before, but have you given thought to creating an online magazine? (E-zine, perhaps, in PDF format, monthly or bi-monthly. You wouldn't have to charge, necessarily, but could ask for donations for each edition.)

It could collate the content of this forum, presenting ten or fifteen short stories each month. I have an artist friend who could do the cover art.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I don't know the feasibility side but I think it's a great idea.

3. davidm

I think it could be done without much difficulty or expense. All it would take is for someone to create a well-designed PDF, which should not be too much trouble.

4. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

How would we decide which stories to publish? Through a submissions process? That would involve having an editor-type position, which is a lot of work.

5. davidm

Well, that's true, but we already do something similar in the contests. Maybe members could vote on which submissions would make it to the mag?

6. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

This is something I'm very interested in pursuing. We ran an e-zine in the past (around 2005-2007) for a few issues, but it faded away. A few years ago I tried to revive it but it didn't get enough interest. There's even a barren private e-zine team forum as a relic from those days.

I would absolutely love to do this. All we'd need is a team of volunteers.

If you guys are interested and serious about possibly getting this started, let me know. I could revive the forum and we could discuss the magazine in more detail.

I think it'd be great for a lot of reasons.