3 Question Survey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HellOnEarth, Jan 11, 2007.

Tags:
  1. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

used to write in just about any but pb romance[ugh!]...

no

that's 4 questions, not 3!

i'm no longer writing for money or to become famous... i now write only to enlighten... and for free... all i write is available for anyone to use as they wish...

N/A

2. HeinleinFan

HeinleinFan Banned

Genre: Mostly science fiction (the science-based kind, not the "I fell in love with an alien . . . whose RNA, DNA, sexual habits and language matches that of homo sapiens perfectly" craptacular kind), speculative fiction, or fantasy.

I can see myself becoming well-known, but only within my genres or in science. (If I write another genre, such as children's literature or romance, I'll use a pseudonym.)

How long will it take? Well, I won't be able to write a lot until college and grad school (if I go) are over. I did write 65,000 words in one summer, but that hasn't repeated itself. So my best estimate is six months until a story sells, five years before a novel (probably not a good one) sells, and then . . . who knows? I can write -- heck, you folks can see that my grammar and syntax are fine -- and I have the prerequisite writing addiction. But I have, quite literally, no free time. (I'm having to squeeze this site into my schedule as it is.)

Good luck, everyone!

3. Bleeding_heart

Bleeding_heart New Member

1. just about 18

2. horror/fantasy/regular teen fiction...just about anything...

3. I would like to become known, yes, but not because of the money or anything, that's just an added bonus. Writing should be done because you enjoy it, not for a paycheck. I think it would take me about 15-20 years to actually get known after I graduate. Possibly longer.

4. MeredithHans

MeredithHans New Member

What genre? Whatever I feel like writing. Mainly fiction.

Famous? Are you kidding? I'm going to be the first ever dentist slash writer slash filmmaker slash archeologist slash... add another two or three occupations. When? The moment the world bows to my awesomeness:p Or the moment I start being serious... whichever happens first:rolleyes:

5. Casey

Casey New Member

Genre: Sci-Fi, general fiction, erotica

Ever be famous: No. I just like to write and know that other people enjoy my stories.

6. Peter

Peter New Member

1. What is your age?

2. What genre do you write?

Realism

3. Do you see yourself becoming famous, or well-known, in the publishing world?

Beats me. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Only time will tell.