1. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Drawing a Comic Book

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thomas Kitchen, Mar 4, 2013.

Hey there,

Ever since I was a kid, I have wanted to draw my own comic books. I even did a few, although they have all been thrown out now. :( Anyway, after a lot of thinking, I've decided to creat a comic book (and perhaps self-publish it), but only for myself and friends/family; I'm not looking for fame as an artist.

However, I'm a little flustered, not truly knowing where to start. I took Art for A-level (for people who don't know what that means, I suppose it's upper high-school), so I'm not a total beginner, but are there any artists out there which could recommend books, websites, and suchlike? I've taken a lot of inspiration from the graphic novel, Watchmen, and I want it to be set in a noir-style London. I undertand this might now be a bit cliche, but as I say, I'm really only doing it for the pleasure of doing it.

Any first-hand experience, books, advice, etc. would be extremely helpful and appreciated. :)

2. TracyH

TracyH New Member

Hi,

Do you plan on doing it old school, pencil/pen on illustration board, or will you being drawing it on the computer?

I started my own Graphic novel, but it's currently taking a back seat to my novel.

I use a Wacom drawing tablet for the computer, makes it so much easier.

Good luck.

3. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

I will be doing it old school - my muscles tend to relax more, and I generally prefer it. Thanks for your input, though! :D