1. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Submitting script for tv production

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Dagolas, Aug 28, 2015.

Hello everyone,

I've been planning on writing a script for a while. I know exactly how the plot is going to pan out, and I think it's an original idea that could be very interesting on TV. What would be the process to submitting it, once it's done, to a TV channel?

2. Tim3232

Tim3232 Active Member

Hi Dagolas,

The BBC have defined windows when they are open to receiving scripts of each type - Comedy, Drama, Radio etc. A while back I posted a link in the Resources section here under Scriptwriting. I can't remember what it has in it but I presume it will point you to the Beeb.

I'm not aware that the Beeb restrict entries to people living in the UK. I know from experience that they reject a very high % after reading something like 5 pages. I haven't looked for quite a while and there is on area on the Beeb site where people post and I recall some who got rejected quickly were taken on elsewhere. Can't say I've ever looked at trying my 1 attempt anywhere else, so can't help you with other channels. Apart from letting you know when the windows are open, the Beeb site does provide help on script writing and you can download scripts from some TV series.

Good luck.

3. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

I don't live in the UK.

4. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

I think there are channels that you can query or submit treatment to without going through an agency. You'd have to do some research to find out which ones. The projects I've been involved in have all involved production companies who the writer was able to interest in their manuscript, and then the production company tries to find a good fit among the TV networks.

5. Tim3232

Tim3232 Active Member

I saw your location was France which was why I wrote 'I'm not aware ...' but I haven't checked the resource to see if the Beeb limits entries and I can't check to see if it's accessible. I understand articles on the Beeb usually are accessible.

6. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

I had already looked into the BBC, and they do limit entries.

Besides, I'd be wary working with pro-paedophiles.