1. Phifty2

Phifty2 New Member

A breakthrough for me of sorts.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Phifty2, May 8, 2009.

So one corner of my living room is littered with unfinished strories, false starts, and useles scribblings.

I had something to say, sonething dying to get out and I tried to approach it from different ways. I would always get to a certain point and either be unsatisfied with what I had written or eager to move on to a new project.

Finally, I just said to hell with it. I'm going to write about everything I ever wanted to and make it into one book. I call it my kitchen sink book because everything is in there but...you get the idea.

I started it about a week ago and haven't looked back and am experiencing the best writing experience I've ever had.

2. PoeMars

PoeMars New Member

That sounds pretty similar to myself. I recently decided I was just going to focus on one project right now and went with it. Since then I haven't been able to think about much else. It was kinda like the definite decision helped.

Kudos to you. Good luck on that. :)

3. Phifty2

Phifty2 New Member

Thanks. Good luck to you as well.

4. JGraham

JGraham New Member

I experience this myself. I would start one then something would draw me away and a new idea would form. Now i simply write down the idea, sometimes the details, and then return to my main novel. It works wonders since i am nearly done with my first full size novel. Good luck to both of you.

5. Emmy

Emmy New Member

It's amazing what these little decisions do for focus. Same problem here, until I finally just decided on one course of action, and made the decision final. Now I feel on track.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

good for you!

so, what're you gonna do with it, when it's finished?

7. Phifty2

Phifty2 New Member

If I really like it and am proud of it I suppose it can't hurt to try and get it published. To be a published novelist, that's the dream.

8. Atari

Atari Active Member

Is this what happened? I thought she decided to start being whimsical with her writing, which is a 'decision' in much the same way giving up is a decision, only in reverse.

"Well, screw it! I'll just write EVERYTHING!"

She kinda stopped holding herself back. At least, that's what I got out of it.

And I say 'she,' but I don't even know if he's a boy or a girl.