1. Bick

Bick New Member

The Wenig Mystery (Discussion Board)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bick, Jun 15, 2008.

I will be posting the beginning here since I can't change and edit it on the main RPG board, as Raven posted it for me. So if you're looking for any changes or taken jobs then look here, and not on the RPG board.

Buildings:

Sheriff’s office;; Three general sections. Once you walk in the door, you reach the first section. Desks for the Sheriff, Deputy and a small desk for the Secretary. One cemented room to the side where there are two jail cells. Four beds. Other room is for evidence and files, connected to the front room.

It’s located at the end of the main street, for easy access.

Diner;; Alcohol only served at night and only at the bar portion of it. Bar surrounds the area where the cooks works. Around it are booths and tables. About 5-6 tables. Open 5am to 10pm.

Fire Department;; Actually a small home. One floor. Two car garage, where ladders and tools needed for the job are kept. Pressurized water tank located on the back of Earl’s truck, in case of fire with hoses attacked. Though there hasn’t been a fire for over a decade.

Gas station and Mechanic Shop;; Connected to one another. One gas nozzle. Unleaded gas only in front of Mechanic shop. All cash is dealt with in there. Room for four cars, though one side is where all tools are kept.

The Dairy;; Two large buildings, and an outdoor field for the cows. One building is for the housed cows to live, with the bulls separated from the hundreds of heifers. The second building for processing of the milk. Large portion of land. Located near the far South side, just a mile from the creek.

Supply Store;; Located just across the way of the owner’s home. Two rooms. The main room where the counter and various items are kept refrigerated, and shelved for viewing. Room in back where other items and stock are kept in the back. Shop owners go out of town every other week to get supplies ordered by the towns people, as well as restocking for everyday items. A day long trip.

Schoolhouse;; Small building the size of a small home. Two Classrooms. First room is for the younger children, the second for the elder children. No heating, cooling or waste lines. Outhouse in the back. Two teachers.

The Church;; Not sure of which religion just yet, but I’d think Protestant or Catholic. If we get a leader of the church, as one of the characters, we will decide from there. Church is a big part of small time county life ;) Small building, like a normal church. Etc. This you can imagine yourself.

Jobs:

Deputy (Taken)
    Waitress
    Diner Owner(one)((Unless owned with spouse))
    Farmer
    Dairy Worker
    Gas Station Tender(one)
    Sheriff’s Secretary(Taken)
    Town Drunk
    Student
    EMT(Taken)
    School Teacher(Both Taken)
    Pastor/Priest/Reverend(Not sure you make money this way….)(one)
    Supply Shop Owner(Taken)
    Out of Town Detective(Wouldn’t that be interesting?) (Taken)

Those are just a few. Use your imagination. You can make moonshine in your cellar for all I care :p You can even be unemployed and live with your family. :)

I may have to ask you to change jobs if it collides with the plot, but more then likely that won’t happen, so don’t worry about that.

The Fireman/Sheriff/Mechanic are non-playable characters. ((More non-playable characters might popup.))

The plot will be coming out a week after I post this. I’d like it if you got a first post done for your character and missions might be given before the actual plot is let out.

Rumo=The best

2. Bick

Bick New Member

Anyways.

When you post your character and you had characters in mind that would on a regular basis communicate with your character a sub-character post would be needed, so that we can know who they are.

But on that note. Yay for it finally getting accepted :rolleyes:

3. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Let the fun begin!

4. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    hmm was I the taker on the deputy or did I overlook something

5. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

I can't see a deputy anywhere...

6. Bick

Bick New Member

Oh! Sorry Gloom :( Someone pmed me and took Deputy. This town seems too small for two deputies.

./hugs

I'm sorry )=

Maybe we can work something out. Let me go check out your character.

7. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

I'd be grateful LOL I can't think of any other characters

8. Bick

Bick New Member

All right. Well. Don't worry about it, you can be deputy. I'll talk to the other person before they post their profiles.

If he doesn't agree, then I will PM you, and I will work something out.

9. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Sure if not we could always just say she's been fired that works or even suspended. That would work can we have her suspended for being bad

10. Bick

Bick New Member

If he doesn't like my idea, then that would definitely be an option... though. My idea causes me to have to move things around and change my non-playable characters... and yours doesn't. xDD

So. Actually. Yours might work better. :) Let me do a couple PMs and I'll tell you what I decide.

11. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

great and also how soon do we start to do our first posts LOL I can't wait to get started

12. Bick

Bick New Member

Well, I want you to wait until I know if you're suspended or just plain deputy. I'm almost positive you'll just plain be deputy, but I'd actually like everyone to do an introductory post before the plot is let out.

Basically in the post let us know who your character is, where they live.

I'll also let out a few missions before the plot gets out for a few people. :) So you might have that too.

13. Bick

Bick New Member

Oh, well. I'm glad Gloom let me notice this.

Remember folks it's the early 80's!

((boy that's bright.))

14. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Okay, let's see what I got.

15. Bick

Bick New Member

The Shop Owners are now Non-playable characters. Though, if you want to be the shop owner, and you post your profile within the next two days, I will still leave that open. But unofficially (since that's not too likely to happen) the shop owners are Non-playable.

16. Bick

Bick New Member

./hugs Oasis, sorry for never replying love :(

Your profile is great btw :p Yay for cute little kids :love:

17. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

***********************MESSAGE FROM BICK*********************

Hey everyone. OK, as you may have seen, Bick has posted the first challenge. Determine who is stealing the money. The rules are as follows:

1) At noon (Bick's time), a series of four clues will be posted for everyone to see.

2) From the posting time, every player will have 24 hours to decide which character they think has stolen the money.

3) PM Bick with the name of who you think the guilty party is (they have already been chosen).

4) Once the time is up, Bick will announce the winner or winner(s).

5) The winner(s) will recieve an important advantage later on in the game.

6) You may choose ANYONE as the guilty party including character's controlled by Bick and I as well as those controlled by other players.

7) You must post within the 24 hours. The post will show you somehow managing to search the guilty party. End your post just short of finding out whether the person you chose had the money.

8) Bick will finish the winner's post.

18. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

*************************Other Stuff From Bick***********************

The first challenge will set the stage for the actual plot of the game. By the second day, Wenig time, the actual plot will be revealed (and things may start getting just a bit creepy). This means that by this weekend, all players will be introduced to a new character and the town of Wenig will never be the same.

19. Mousie

Mousie New Member

Aw man, you started without me! :eek:

What's going on so far?

20. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Hey Mousie. Not too much. People introduced their characters. Money is missing. This will be the first challenge. The rules are above.

21. Mousie

Mousie New Member

OK, sweet. Since I have 2 separate characters, I have to have a separate post for each of them, right?

Also: I'm gonna be stuck on my crappy 90s computer for the next week, and colored text doesn't show up. Important stuff is posted in colored text, right?

22. Bick

Bick New Member

Naw, nothing important yet. Don't worry, if it's important, I will personally PM you the information. All right? :)

But can you see bold? That question was bolded, but not colored. Though maybe I should color it too.

Oh yeah. ADDING: Yes, two different posts for them.

23. Mousie

Mousie New Member

Yeah, I can see bold. I think there was one RPG I was in where important stuff was colored, so I got confused. I'll go back and find the important post...

Oh, and I'm no good at these "first thing in the morning" first-posts, so if I post anything it'll probably suck. Hard.

Because that doesn't sound nasty at all xD

24. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Gotcha covered. Have your character sleep till Noon! :D

25. Bick

Bick New Member

Yeah, you don't have to wake up early. :p Since nothing will be really happening plot-wise beyond the money thing. Just sleep in like Rumo said :p

And I think Star Wars is like that, Mousie.

And your posts don't suck. You always say that about your posts, but I have yet to see one that sucked love.

Silly!