1. PokeNet

PokeNet Member

The start of Humanity.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PokeNet, May 10, 2014.

So, I was thinking about some interesting things earlier. I've heard that in the Bible it states that humanity started off with two people, a male and female. But these were the first to people ever to live, and if there isn't an explanation for this in the Bible, then...
    How did they know that they needed to drink water when they felt thirsty. Why didn't they go and eat sand and run away from each other? Just some thoughts I had, any ones opinions?

2. stevesh

stevesh Banned Contributor

I'm sure the thinking is that God made them to behave the way they did.

3. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Hate to be a party-pooper, but:

Lache and jazzabel like this.
  4. Aled James Taylor

Aled James Taylor Contributor Contributor

Any creature who, through the process of evolution, lost the instinct to eat and drink, would become extinct very quickly.

If you consider the Bible thinking; these are the speculations of people who didn't really know anything, you'll find it makes a lot more sense.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

what i've always wondered is where all the rest of humankind came from, if the first couple didn't produce sons and daughters who committed incest... and if they had, the species would've died out in a few generations, from genetic degeneration...

jazzabel and Aled James Taylor like this.
  6. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Before the Flood, God made sure that inbreeding didn't affect the human population. After the Flood, it's a different story because that was God's will. There, mystery solved.

Okon likes this.
  7. sunsplash

sunsplash Bona fide beach bum

Between the Magic City & the Conch Republic
    Instinct? The same way a baby turns to suckle at the mother's breast without being forced? Or I suppose since they were created as adults and could speak with their creator to get instructions to not eat from a specific tree, they could've been told what to do to survive as well. There's creation stories from every religion and I can't think of one that goes into detail about the specifics you are questioning.

8. Morristreet

Morristreet New Member

The Bible describes only what is important to know so that we can follow God. It does not go into the nitty gritty details of living, life, and survival unless it relates to the worship and honor of God. As to the First Man and First Woman, the Bible does not state it implicitly, but when they leave the garden, they do find others, so God made other people ... only his first chosen people are detailed in the Garden. Reading the Bible and studying it, there are many layers of depth to the work that makes it either a very detailed historical tome, or the world's first true Fictional work.

If you go with evolution, then we descended from the blend of Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal and along the way, a blend occurred that generated Homo Sapiens. In my fiction I took a base Homo Habilis and evolved them into a parallel species, with constant injections of Earth human DNA to keep the species strong. Everything depends on what you are going to do, and what your end goal is ... as I am fond of saying, if you want to make a universe, start with your own dirt.

9. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

Adam and Eve were two human like us without any difference in physics of body, thinking or knowledge. Of course they had just one difference. Their knowledge was not through education and experience. God has learned them, what they needed of knowledge and sciences about stuffs and states and moral. Also, God had given them the faith about himself and a right religion. And it is good you know, Adam was the first prophet in the history.
    Adam and Eve, knew how to use things, so they hadn't any shortcoming in thinking, realization, relationship and connection with environment but they were exposed to temptation, as we are. They lived in a place rather than the earth. Some of people say, they lived in the heaven but the knowledgeable persons, say (based on the prophetic announcement) they lived in a good place rather than the origin heaven that we have heard many times till now.
    God had announced them about a hard enemy named " Satan". He was a fallen angel because of the disobeying the Lord in a matter that I don't want to explain about that heavenly event. ( Christianity believe his name was Devil and Satan is another being).
    However, after Satan driven out from the heaven, he became a hard enemy to God and human ( at that time just to Adam and Eve). As he was a knowledgeable angel before, and knew some of the secrets of heaven, he could arrive the place that Adam and Eve lived there based on his knowledge.
    God had specified a plant ( in a high probable, it was wheat) in the place and ordered Adam and Eve, to avoid to go even near that plant.
    It was the symbol of the sin tree for them, as some actions are counted as the sin for us in this world. Satan tempted and deceived them and did what he had planed before to mar Adam and Eve. God got anger to Adam And Eve, because they were responsible against their wisdom, what he has learned to them and the enemy that had been introduced to them.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  10. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

For the Catholics anyway, the creation story is actually a myth/fable. The story of Abraham is really where it begins for us.

However, we (or how I was taught) believe that God created all things and life, which led to humans through evolution.

11. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

What is a Cro-Magnon?

12. Morristreet

Morristreet New Member

Older term, not used as much any more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cromagnon

They were considered to be the earliest of Homo Sapiens Sapiens, which is us, and they took out the remaining Neanderthals, leaving them as the dominant version to become modern man. As long as you accept evolution as a basis, that is.

13. Aled James Taylor

Aled James Taylor Contributor Contributor

14. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

15. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

On reflection I'm kicking myself that I didn't use the Pearl Jam song 'Do the Evolution'.