1. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

A concept

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Chickidy, May 7, 2008.

2156 A.D., alternative fuels solved all of the United States exterior issues so inevitably some new, internal problems arise in the form of organized crime. This will take place in Milwaukee Wisconsin, where a divers group of domestic terrorists and criminals have arisen. The major ones are Black and Hmong street gangs, the Milwaukee Italian Mafia, the Skinheads from the surrounding country side, a new German Mafia, Irish Revolutionaries fleeing newly arisen turmoil back home, White Meth gangs and Mexican Drug Gangs. It will be based around an average joe turned Gangman, a cliche I know, but if I can put my own twist on it it might turn out ok.

I'm thinking maybe he's a GTA sort of character, never really tied down to any particular organization but constantly changing masters in a desperate search for money and maybe freedom from some sort of big thing that happens early, like he kills someone powerful or something.

Its really vague but I just want to know if its worth writing before I start nailing down details.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Your factions sound an awful lot like modern gang stereotypes for a setting 150 years in the future.

But people who change gang allegiances don't usually live very long. Members are often marked indelibly, and if your old gang doesn't hunt you down, the new gag will kill you just because you have broken gang ties before.

The story outline doesn't really appeal to me, but it's not really a genre I'd seek out either.

3. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

Ya, your right, I was just playing with the idea, not seriously, but you know. Still, maybe if I get the time I might give it a go and see if it turns out.

4. MumblingSage

MumblingSage New Member

My heart in on the shores of Gitchee-Gume, my body
    Oh hell, my home city is a den of terrorists and meth labs?

I think I'd almost read that. The most infamy Milwaukee's gotten in any sci fi I've read recently was in the Silent Empire series when a chocolate corporation was started in Milwaukee a few thousand years before the events of the story, and which now enslaves children.

5. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

Well you see I'm from the home-state of cheese myself, and I've got family in Milwaukee so I have some experience with the city. It does in fact have some of the things I mentioned, others would be thrown in the mix for the sake of the plot, but surely you know about some of them right? The Mafia and Black street gangs are common knowledge, and our state is getting a pretty high rate of gang violence from the new Hmong citizens, at least where I live, a bit north, in Green Bay.