1. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

A hard earthquake and the miraculous result

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mans, Apr 17, 2013.

Today a friend in WF sent me a message and asked about my health. He wrote : " I have heard it has happened a hard earthquake in an area of Iran It looks like it's going to be a lot worse than just a few deaths. The quake was 7.8 and that's really strong. I hope you're OK ". I posted this reply to him and then decided to inform others about a wonderful thing in that hard quaking :

" Thank you ...for your concerning about me, yes I am ok . That Earthquake happened in an eastern area of Iran. A zone near the Pakistan boundary ( Sistan state of Iran ). That strong earthquake power was about 7.8 Richter It occurred in the area that is not residential and populous , therefore the demolition and casualty was very low. In spite of that hard earthquake there was just one killed and five injured and it seems like a miracle. The killed was a villager woman that had gone to gather some medicinal herb in the mountain she killed because of sliding the rocks. Of course some houses got damage more or less but it wasn't important to that horrible shaking. The most of the towns and villages were far away from the earthquake center and If not it had been happening a sorrowful tragedy.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'm glad to know you were not at risk and the death reate was so low, though it's sad the woman was killed...

hugs, maia

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

He is a she. ;)

4. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

Oh pardon me for my carelessness

5. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

It's OK, really. :)