A Heroic Discussion!

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Kingtype, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Alright then!

We can start her up I suppose

I'll start working on my CS and the first post today

2. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Sweet!

3. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Yay, lol. There are so many players on this rp...this is gonna be epic.

I love your character btw, Love to Write. :)

Love to Write likes this.
  4. Kingtype

Sorry

May take a bit more but I'm a typin!

5. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Code-name: Mr. Clockwise

Costume appearance: 1920s style three-piece dark grey business suit, complete with a brown tie and brown paisley pocket hanky. A tweed cap sits atop his head and brass aviator goggles cover his eyes. Hidden within his waistcoat is a gold pocket watch and he's never seen without a wooden walking stick which he carries between his leather gloved hands. Upon closer inspection, you'll see that the metal handle of the stick is in the shape of a greyhound. He has a dark brown beard that he keeps neatly trimmed.

Bio: With two college professors as parents, becoming someone great and successful was highly expected of Gavin. He threw himself into his studies at an early age, enjoying history immensely. As he continued in his schooling, he was easily accepted into the university of his choice. In Alamance. Far, far, away from his hard-nosed parents. It was about time he had some adventure and what better place than where the superheroes lurked?

Fitting the mold was never what he wanted in high school and had few friends. But in college he met a group of intelligent people who understood his interests. One in their crowd was a lady by the name of Hazel, a girlfriend of one of his pals. He became intrigued by her bubbly personality. Though out of respect for his friend, he hardly spoke to her and only admired from afar. Lucky for him that didn't last long and they broke up. Hey, he did the most honorable thing and helped a poor damsel in distress...

Months later while he was driving to visit his parents, he was on the hunt for a gift for Hazel. He found himself inside an antique shop where he stumbled upon a pocket watch, centuries old from the looks of it. It was a strong piece of workmanship, hanging from a chain of tarnished gold. When he asked about the treasure, the salesman shrugged and said it didn't work. Gavin put down his money. He was up for the challenge.

In his childhood home, he got to work, tinkering with the watch, prying it open and studying the gears. With the guided help of a handbook, he was determined to fix it. And he did. But what followed was well worth the money he spent. The watch contained...power.

He debated telling Hazel about the watch, but she ended up seeing it by accident. So he thought it best to be honest. What he didn't see coming was that she had a secret of her own.

Class: ???

Power Type: Science

Powers: The pocket watch transfers the power to him and still Gavin hasn't figured out if it can do more, let alone what class it is.

He can go backwards in time, but no more than sixty minutes behind. The longer and more often he goes back, the more strain it puts on his body. Short bursts of time travel are more effective to him in this case. Each time he goes back, it creates a multiple of himself. He can make an army if needed, but the multiples can be killed (when killed they disintegrate). Thus, this does create a problem if he absolutely must use the power on a daily basis when not Mr. Clockwise, he has to kill his multiple. For this reason, he tends to avoid using it if not in danger.

He can slow down time, to avoid a collision or other means to benefit his fighting skills. He only has normal human strength, but he's a good shot with his walking stick. He'll prove it's not only a weapon for the elderly!

Skills: Knowledge on many topics, good at research, agility, can strike up a conversation with just about anybody, and if you got a broken watch he can fix it!

Weaknesses: The pocket watch since he relies on it, but he keeps it close and always keeps it at his side. He tries not to have it out in the open if possible.
    It isn't a weakness, but he has a dislike for certain technology and won't use it unless he must.

Vigilante hero, Golden Alliance, or a Super Villian: Golden Alliance

--------

Code-Name: Era

Costume Appearance: Also styled after the 1920s, a short red and black sleeveless flapper dress decorated with beads and fringe at the hem. Her black hair is in a curled bob with a red sequinned feather headband. Black velvet gloves go up to her elbows and sometimes a black feather boa rests around her bare shoulders. She wears a mask made of black lace.

Bio: Hazel didn't start life easy. She grew up in a foster home with cruel, selfish foster parents who were only in it for the government money. A trickster at heart, Hazel was determined to give them what they deserve. At eleven, she started to play pranks on them, leading her foster siblings in schemes precisely planned to look like coincidences. During one of these times, she discovered her ability.

She had a little bit too much fun with it. Ok not a little bit, a whole lot. She used her skills to make her foster parents think their home was haunted, causing them to go crazy with anxiety. They called the police and even a hero investigated, but Hazel snuck off and nothing turned up. Unfit for their jobs as caretakers (as if they were fit to begin with), they were placed in a mental institute for recovery. Hazel didn't regret it.

After her days of better foster care and school were over, she got a waitress job and lived life trying to pay her apartment rent. She often thought about joining the Golden Alliance, maybe they could help her discover the mystery of how or why she was given these gifts. But part of her didn't want to know. Instead she preferred using her abilities without being seen, helping people worse off than she was. Or annoying people for the heck of it. It was risky business and she came close to trouble, but escaped. From then on she kept her abilities on the down low, met a guy who went to the university, and mooched off his wealth.

Then she met Gavin. When he told her about his watch, she told him about her own abilities and they decided to become a team. Together, they created the pompous heroic image they are known for. Class. Style. Pizazz!

Class: B (But she acts more like a C, since she doesn't use her power to full extent.)

Power type: Birth

Powers: She can manipulate air and has enhanced strength. She had a lot of practice playing with her ability over the years. She still has that inner trickster inside of her, but she (usually) has good intentions.

She can:
    -Create gusts of wind, light or heavy, up to 200 mph, enough to create an F-5 tornado. But she's never had the need to reach that extent. She can stop projectiles and knock things out of her way with her normal wind speeds.
    -Walk and run on air, moving fluidly as if she were on solid ground.
    -Lift small objects and make them fly with her wind. She could lift people, but she likes inanimate things best.
    -Feel disturbances and vibrations within the air pressure, detecting if someone is nearby.

Skills: Hazel is creative, entertaining, and is good at cooking (Gavin appreciates this).

Weaknesses: Since she depends on the air around her, it must be present. Differences in the air pressure can also hinder her. Weaker against Electricity and Fire.

Vigilante hero, Golden Alliance, or a Super Villian: Golden Alliance

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  6. Love to Write

Thanks Erik.

7. Kingtype

Alright posted

Certainly not my best work but I'm terrible at intros sorry....just always have a hard time making them click XD and making them long.

But its up and it can get good now, from here on out! :)

Sooooo

You've got drones attacking Alamance

Ms Tomorrow encountered the first two but at least several more are currently popping up in different areas of the city but will likely all start converging to where the blast happened. Now if you're in the GA you may recognize these drones.

They are the same type of drones used as guards in the meta human prisons and they are currently recognizing all heroes, villians and normal people as highly dangerous escaped super criminals

They slick looking humanoid droids but heavily armor and jets boots for flight with quick mobility.

Some armed with machine guns and others with rockets (as demonstrated)

Class 50 ton strength

Feel free to react with your characters to the ensuing chaos as you like.

8. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Hey, it worked for me. :) I have the opposite problem: I can't seem to keep my intros short, especially when I'm introducing two characters who don't previously know one another.

In my defense, I'll probably be gone most of today, so that long post might be all you hear from me for at least another 10-12 hours. :( I hope there's plenty to read when I get back.

9. Kingtype

Code-name: Ms. Tomorrow

Costume appearance: She sports a blue visor with a white sleek white helmet covering her head, her tights are a full body suit with various strange tech designs running through the suit that glow gold when she is in flight or using any of her weaponry.

She sports a glove with various buttons on her right hand and four silver rings on her left hand a bracelet with a similar button layout on her right.

BIO:A relatively new super heroine that claims from the year 2088 whose time device malfunctioned leaving her stuck in the past, she’s first started appearing two months ago and has since become major news after having multiple small skirmishes with GA members. She refuses help from them for unknown reasons and is currently a wanted vigilante.

It is also unknown if she is actually from the future or has different plans in mind, she's become a source of interest for the GA and even some vigilantes whom are seeking out her true motives

Class: C

Power Type: Tech

Powers: Gravity manipulation from her suit giving her the powers of flight, her costume can also be used an invisible cloaking for her, Tomorrow's helmet can pick up possible threat levels enemies and detect danger from miles away.

Her helmet also produces automatically activated energy shields that can withstand massive force damage from bullets, rockets and lasers of all kinds but has charging intervals. Tomorrow is considered an incredibly vicious fighter by the GA.

The buttons on her glove and bracelet are capable of increasing her flight speed and strength level to far above normal.

Going for eyes and 'sensitive' areas of opponent, orders are to currently arrest her on site.

The rings on her finger produce electrical energy with massive volts enough to fry most droids and other high powered computers....and people.

Skills: A technology wiz kid and great at thinking her feet

Specific weaknesses: Running out of power, her suit and or weaponry being damaged.

Vigilante hero, Golden Alliance or super villain: Vigilante

10. Kingtype

Wellll

LTW, Rhyss and Joe

Sorry abou tthat buuuut as you know with my games

There is a very high pain rate.

Anyway

Enjoy the chaos.

For now you got Popo, Repentance and the twins against four drones (You all can respond to them how you like)

And of course a injured Tomorrow, a dazed Joe against a very damaged drone

The rest of you I shall get to in my next post but of course you are all allowed to interact with any of the goings ons in this opening war

11. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

So where we at?
    I been at work all day

12. Love to Write

Time to read up on everyone's amazing posts

13. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Winged man is Repentance and Shady man is Joe btw

14. Love to Write

Hey Lix,

Does Sasha's ability extend to robots? Being that he runs on computer processing rather than biological.

15. lixAxil

Well that depends on the ability. Mind control works only on living beings for example. But a psionic blast is kinda just an attack of energy created of her mind. According to superheroes comics it works the same as any kind of energy attack

16. Kingtype

Im pretty sure Jean Grey used to throw around psychic bolts of energy at times

17. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Ugh, Jean Grey. I'm so over Jean. Why did all the guys like Jean, but no one was lusting after Storm? Maybe I'm biased because I think Storm is more powerful than she was given credit for....blah.

18. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Posted, but I gotta go to bed. It's late. :( I kept Shoshanna and Jimmy's location vague, but they're around… somewhere. If someone wants to write them into one of the existing fighting scenes, that's cool.

PS: I had such a crush on Storm when I was a kid. Never felt anything for Jean Grey, but I would totally do things to Storm… like take her out to a fine restaurant, LOL. She's classy. Now, Rogue on the other hand…

19. Kingtype

Storm is extremely powerful and should never be taken likely.

She's got some pretty incredible feats and is a natural born leader.

Her power and class cannot be denied.

I'm pretty positive she's ranked as top tier in overall power in the X Me but considering Jean Grey was the one of the most powerful psychics on Marvel's main Earth and primary host to the Phoenix Force......at her most powerful Jean Grey or at least when she's the Phoenix could take down a lot of the bigger powerhouses on the planet.

I mean I think I recall her being able to fight a weakened Galactus (which is still insanely impressive)

As for why everybody liked Jean.

Hmm

Well many comic heroes tend just to be down with redheads, a lot of them XD

Though I'm not the biggest X Men fan compared to other comics I like, my favorite X females have always been Magik and Psylocke (for their fascinating arcs and sheer awesomeness)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  20. Kingtype

NEW AVATAR!!!

LET'S DO IT RIGHT!?

[​IMG]

21. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

Rogue>>>>>>>All the other ladies

22. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

I interrupt this superhero talk stuff...
    To announce the entrance of Mr. Clockwise & Era! Ta-daaa!

They got started on that robot, so I'm up for interaction if any choose to stumble upon them. I'll be gone some of today though. :)

Loving all the posts so far, by the way!

23. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Yeah, I know Storm's powerful, but I just get the feeling that shes not given credit most of the time, they treat her like shes lesser than (especially in the movies). They just use her to make fog or whatever, when most of their problems would be solved if they just let Storm blow everybody away, lol.

As for Rogue, I like the emo/goth Rogue from the movies. The street-tough Rogue from the comics kinda irks me. Lol.

24. lixAxil

@Love to Write Replied

25. Love to Write

Lix, I love the way your character's talk. Its hilarious.