A Kiss From Light Crimson

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Leaka, Dec 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"Well, maybe if I got treated decent every once in a while . . ." Keira trailed off, having caught sight of movement out of the corner of her eye. So there was something down there after all. "Do you see that?" she asked, squinting her eyes. It was a form, but Keira couldn't tell if it was an alien or a human being. She hoped for the latter. Running into another alien was the last thing they needed.

2. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Looks like a humongous blob to me running towards us," Reese said, "But if it's running towards and not at us then I think we should say...well Keira yell something out, like I have breast or something, there is noway I am wasting my time yelling...unless Isay is in that blob somewhere, if Isay is being helped by someone I'll be very upset."
    Reese stared at the black mass coming towards he knew Keira wouldn't say anything. She liked to defy his authority all the time.
    "KEIRA HAS BREAST AND I DON'T HAVE BREAST!" he yelled at the black mass, he just smiled now they should wait and see who comes through the darkness, "ALSO ISAY IF YOU ARE THE ONE BEING CARRIED I'LL KICK YOU WERE IT HURTS AND I MEAN YOUR WOUNDS NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND I AIN'T A PREPPY GIRL!"
    He didn't care whether his voice brought more aliens or people. He wasn't in a good mood, he would just pretend all the aliens were Edgar.

3. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

Anna couldn't help it--she snorted. She'd recognize Reese's voice and demeanor anywhere. "Isay's been being a little girl about getting back to protect you," she informed Reese, stepping into the dim light around him and Keira, holstering her gun and lifting Stewart against her shoulder to keep him on his feet. "I don't know what's wrong with him," she went on, gesturing at Stewart. "I think something happened to him." She carefully set on the ground, his back to a wall, and crouched down next to him. She took her gun out, staring blankly at it for a moment and then looked up at Reese. "Aliens, eh?"

4. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Keira couldn't contain her laughter. Reese looked so odd and out of place, yelling at the blob, or whatever it was, that was coming towards them. And yelling the craziest things she'd ever heard. "Haha! Stop! You're going to kill me!" She knew that Reese probably hadn't meant to be funny, but she couldn't help it. "Sorry . . . Sorry, I let that get the better of me." She grinned, grasping her gun as she did so. It was probably an alien. And if it was an alien, she was ready.

But then Anna stepped out of the darkness, and Keira smiled again. "Well, hello. I was beginning to think we were the only ones alive in this god-forsaken place."

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Reese stared at Stewart and then at his forehead. He had some sort of shirt material on his head and it was kinda of soaked in blood. Was Anna an idiot? Or had she forgotten?
    "Some S.P.O if you can't remember your shirt soaking up the blood of your client's had," Reese said, "Good where is Isay, I need him for something."

Stewart smiled happily at Kiera and then gave Reese a more business and well mannered smiled.
    "Hello Kiera," he said in a bright tone.
    "Hello Reese, you hurt or anything?" Stewart asked in a less bright manner.

"No though my arm hurts like hell...anyway Isay need him now," Reese said.
    Stewart stared at Anna.
    "It's just my head," Stewart said, "I'll be all right."

6. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

Anna peered down the hallway into the darkness. "I wonder what happened to Isay," she mused. "I was busy. Doing my job, as he told me again and again. Hope he doesn't get eaten."

She glanced up at the two scientists, sinking back against the wall next to Stewart. She realized now that her arm was somewhat numb--probably not a good sign, but that was okay. With a sigh she leaned back against the wall, closing her eyes. "Now what?" she asked.

7. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"Hello, Stewart," Keira replied with a smile. She wondered where Isay was as well. Hopefully something hadn't happened to him. "Now what?" she repeated, leaning against the wall, still grasping her gun. "We've got to keep moving - find the others. They've all got to be here somewhere." But she couldn't think ahead. She had to focus on what was going on now. "Are you two alright?" she questioned, since Reese obviously didn't have it in him to care to ask.

8. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

OCC: I'm Manning Isay...Cause I am the GM and I can do so. Just to get him in the same hall as us.

Reese was staring at the darkness and he saw another glob of darkness running towards them. He knew that blob anywhere, he had seen that mass so many times in the darkness. It was Isay.
    Isay stared at them and Reese stared at Isay.
    "Nimwit I need a better gun...give me a sub machine pistol, that will be fun," Reese said, "And yeah...I can have a gun because I have a license, use to go hunting with my dad so I got a gun and hunting license, we'll be doing both...guns and hunting."
    Reese stared at Isay with his hands out.

Stewart's head was ringing. Double vision was coming and a slight bit of nausea now. What was going on with his head?
    It was just his head.
    He better not have a Brain or anything wacky. But how would that happen? Well he guessed they squeezed through the rubble. Oh he better not have a Brain?

9. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

Anna looked over at Stewart; he looked ill increasingly ill. She slipped her gun back into her belt and carefully lifted the blood-soaked makeshift "bandage" from his head, looking at the wound under it. Her face was blank as she eyed it, then gestured to Keira, not wanting to deal with Reese. "He doesn't look so good," she muttered, showing Keira the wound. "I think this needs treating."

10. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Keira's brow creased, worry showing in her face. What had happened to Stewart? Had he been injured during the accident, or had the aliens found Anna and him as well. "Here, let me see," Keira said, moving over to have a closer look at Stewart's wound. "I don't have anything on me," she added, checking her pockets for any medicene or bandages that may help, "but we may be able to find something in one of the laboratories." Keira took a look at Stewart's face and had to agree with Anna. "Yes, he definately doesn't look good. We need to get help right away."

11. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

"Where?" Anna asked. "I'll go." She knew that everyone (except maybe Reese) was going to tell her that she couldn't, but she didn't care. Stewart was her charge, her job, her friend--she had to get him help, and someone had to stay and protect him. She'd rather he stayed with all of them and she left, then they slowed themselves down trying to take him with them and risk that his condition deteriorated further.

12. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

After about 20 minutes of digging Jena had finally made a hole small enough for her slim form to slip thorugh. Upon reching the other side she grabbed her gun and did a quick self-check. Besides her hand and cheek she seemed in perfect condition save for lots of shallow scrapes ans bruises covering her body. Then she gazed at the room around her, this room was covered in wreckage also, with some pale gray smoke floating in the air.

"Now, where is that girl? If she's not in here I swear to God I will kill her!" Jena muttered vehemently to herself. Carefully she picked her way across the room, clutching her gun tightly, her hand throbbing painfully. She listend for sounds besides her own footsteps, but the room was quiet-deathly quiet...it was eerie. She shook off the feeling, being scared and paranoid was for weak people, and she was not weak.

"Hello?! Ara?! Anyone?!" Something moved to her left, and she heard a soft groan. spinning on her heel she dashed to the left. About 10 feet away was an arm sticking out form under some more rubble. Moving quickly she kicked aside the wreckage and uncovered the person's face. It was Ara, and she was unconcious. Her hand throbbing even more, she set about moving the pieces of debirs off of Ara, luckily there wasn't much.

Seizing the girls' arm she hoisted her up, and put her arm around her waist, supporting her against her side. She tightened her grip on the gun, her injured hand now screaming in protest, but she ignored the pain, that was also for the weak. She started to drag Ara forward, in the direction the smoke apeared to be moving. But then she heard a noise beind her. She turned around and saw a horrible creature. It was huge with dark brown skin, and long claws. She was surprised it hadn't noticed her yet, slowly she slid her foot back, accidentally knocking a piece of plaster that broke loudly in the silence.

"****!"

The creature turned around to reveal what looked like a gun in it's abdomen. Dragging Ara back as fast as possible Jena fired at the creature in the general vicity of where a heart would be. It didn't slow the creature at all. She fired again, but only hit it's arm, again not slowing it's advance.

"What the Hell is this thing!?!" She continued to drag the unconcious Ara as fast as she could, but the creature was gaining on them. She fired a third time, this time hitting it in the head. Suddenly it fell down and stopped moving. Was it dead? She really didn't want to go up to it and find out, espcially if it wasn't dead. Instead she wrapped her arm around Ara's waist more firmly and continued backwards away form the still creature, as fast as possible.

13. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Reese sighed and stared at the girls surrounding Stewart. He was being a baby at the moment in time.
    "Probably worried himself stupid, me and Isay will go to the medical lab around here...you guys take care of him and make sure he doesn't die, I don't need to pay for more people's deaths," Reese said, "All this damage is going out of my pocket and if I can manage it Edgar's pocket too."
    Reese turned towards Isay.
    "Let's go...so that way we can get the baby to move," Reese said.
    Reese and Isay began to walk off to go the medical labs.
    "Remember stare there I ain't kidding if I come back and you aren't here I'll get pissed," Reese said still walking with Isay.

Stewart stared at Anna and Keira.
    "It's okay, I'm fine," he said, "I think it was when I moved to fast when the Diver came...don't worry if I just sit here and my brain recalibrate or something I'll be fine."
    Stewart was really getting dizzy, it was if he were on a boat in the middle of the ocean. A rocking back wavy kind of feel. His stomach felt as if it were suffering from sea sickness itself. All he had to do was sit here right. It would make it all the better.
    Then something hit his thoughts.
    "Tell Reese to get the Fluoride Oxine," Stewart said.

14. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"Fine," Keira replied to Reese, and she turned back to Stewart. At least Reese was cooperating. That was a start. When Stewart said that he was fine, Keira shook her head. "No, you're not fine. Just stay still until Reese comes back." Stewart mentioned something about Flouride Oxine, so Keira nodded and turned back to Reese, who was no walking away. "Reese, grab some Flouride Oxine!" she shouted, making sure he heard her.

15. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

Anna took off after Reese, knowing Stewart would be safe with Keira and not willing to let someone so unpredictable be in charge of recovering what was needed for the scientist's safety.

She wasn't really sure what she was doing--not at all. But somehow she thought better of it, and turned to head back, her head throbbing. She wasn't watching where she was going when her foot caught on a piece of rubble and she went flying--her head felt like it was bursting and everything but the pain faded.

16. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"WHAT THE HELL! Who wants to get high this f@#king early in the game," Reese stopped and walked back over to them real quickly.
    "I..suggested it," Stewart said.
    "For what f#$king reasong," Reese said.
    "Please no yelling my head is killing me," Stewart said.
    "Hurry..."
    " 'kay...when we were crawling in the vents I pricked my finger on something I believed it to be a screw, but what if it were a dead Diver's stinger...it can be just as poisonous as its second stages bards," Stewart said, "We have done
    test showing that Oxine clears out most poison of Divers."
    "Great f@3king great," Reese said, "Well we are off to get Oxine, which has also proven that whomever uses it has a varied effects all well...I hope it slowly kills you.
    "Isay we are heading out,"
    This was not his day. This was pissing Reese off more and more and more. He really needed to squeeze the living breathe out of Edgar he really did.

17. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Keira was waiting for Anna to return rather impatiently. Why had she just taken off like that? Reese would be angry about that. Turning to Stewart, Keira looked into his face to make sure he was alright. "You still doing OK?" Without waiting for a reply, Keira turned around in an instant. "I heard something." What sounded like something hitting the floor, hard, had sounded from behind her, in the direction Reese and Isay had gone. Had something happened to them?

But Keira couldn't just leave Stewart sitting there, so she waited, her head flicking to the left and the right to make sure nothing was there. Being almost alone in a dark hallway frightened even her. "Hello? Anna? Reese? Isay?" she called, hoping for a response.

18. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

The world was becoming more like a Picasso painting as Stewart sat. His brain felt as if it were wiggling like jelly. He just stared at the floor and double vision became quadruple vision.
    He found the world spinning and then he silently slid down to the floor. And his double world became no more as his eyes closed.

19. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Keira had been paying so much attention to her surroundings, she didn't at first notice Stewart's predicament. When she did happen to turn towards the man, however, she gasped. "Stewart? Stewart! Oh god . . ." Keira was so panicked, she didn't even check for a pulse. She bolted up to a standing position and walked down the hallway a few feet, still near Stewart. "Anna, please! Where are you? Reese! Isay! Somebody . . ." What had happened to them? Had they been killed?

Keira returned to Stewart, sitting down next to him and sliding down the wall to a sitting position, head on her knees.

20. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

Anna came around to the sound of Keira's voice. It reverberated painfully against her skull; everything hurt. What on earth had she been thinking? Her arm which had gone numb earlier felt like it was on fire, and she could feel blood flowing far too freely from a gash in her side--where had that come from?

She stumbled to her feet, feeling dizzy and sick, but she forced herself toward's Keira's voice, falling into the walls and dragging herself along them with her good arm, her other arm held firmly against her chest, pain blazing through it.

"Keira...?" she called out, trying to keep her lead-filled eyelids open.

21. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Reese saw a spark in the darkness and went over there. It was an electric box. He was good at hotwiring, more so then some people who "manage" the generator.
    He was able to trip the wires and then suddenly a few of the lights of the hallway that remained turned on.
    "Light Isay...light...cause I noticed the generator box...not like anyone else notices these things...it's dark so let me look through darkness instead of finding a source of f@#king light," Reese said.
    Reese went on to continue and then he turned around and pushed Isay back too.
    "These little f#$kers they have colonized in the medical room, there are switchers all over the f-ing room...you're glad we didn't step in their path of seeing," Reese said, "We need fire...you have grenades on you?"

22. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"Anna?" Keira replied, searching the darkness for her newfound friend. Was she alright? She didn't sound alright. "Anna, where are you?" Keira stood up slowly, walking cautiously down the hallway that Anna had gone down, her hand on her gun. No where was safe. She could never be safe. Danger was everywhere.

And then Keira saw her, leaning against the walls for support. She was hurt, that much Keira could immediately tell. "Anna, what happened? Who did this to you?" Keira had heard a loud bang. Perhaps that noise had been the sound of Anna falling. Maybe she had only injured herself. Hopefully . . . Keira didn't know if she could handle any more aliens.

23. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

"I don't... know--what happened..." Anna's speech was disjointed; she pressed her palm to her forehead, trying to ease the pounding of her head. "I... is Stewart okay?" She rested her head against the cold wall, mentally feeling her body. The gash in her side was losing far too much blood--and where had it even come from? Her arm was thoroughly broken, luckily she knew how to shoot with both arms, but that was her better aim. "Christ..." she swore feebly, sliding onto the floor, her eyes drifting shut as her head swam.

24. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"Oh, god . . ." Keira muttered, kneeling down next to Anna. "Anna?" she said, wondering if she was still awake. Looking about for something to bandage Anna with, Keira found nothing. Having run out of options, she tore off the bottom of her shirt, wrapping it around Anna's neck, creating a sling for her broken arm. She didn't even have to feel of the bone to realize it was broken; it was too obvious.

It was then that Keira noticed the gash in Anna's side, and she reluctantly tore off another strip of her clothing, wrapping it firmly around her mid-section. That should be better, she thought to herself, sitting down against the wall, leaning her head against it. So, it had come down to this. An unconscious Stewart, an out-of-it Anna, and herself, all stuck in a hallway, with aliens probably lurking around every corner.

What a great way to die.

25. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

Anna felt herself drifting in and out of consciousness. At some point she fell to the floor, the cool ground a relief from the heat in her head. Her heart thumped, her pulse raced, her head throbbed--that arm felt like it was on fire.

She peeled her eyes open eventually, still not fully awake, and the world around her spun. Nausea crashed over her and she fought to keep it down as she watched Keira's face; the woman was watching her. She tried to glance over to see Stewart, but the movement of her head caused whatever it was she ate last to be forcefully brought back, along with what was quite clearly blood.

She didn't have the strength to swear, but felt her stomach churning at the sight of vomit mixed with blood, as well as the dread of what that meant. Something told her she was going to die--she only wished it would be soon so that this pain would go away.