1. TheDude2002

TheDude2002 New Member

A Late Night Dream

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by TheDude2002, Dec 17, 2011.

‎I feel as if people around me don't respect me because of my age and status, even though I've been writing for so long and have dedicated it to such a great cause. People are dicks.

2. iabanon

iabanon Member

unless you're published people just won't respect you. i don't even bother talking about my writing. i only talk about it with other people who write. yes, people are dicks. how nice that we can say that word here. :)

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

what you seem to be missing is that, being a writer, no one has to know what your age or status is--unless you tell them!

4. TheDude2002

TheDude2002 New Member

I get what you mean like I tell my brother about my stories and my writing and he's like oh gawd and it throws it in my face lol very supportive - everybody else in my family likes it but it drives me crazy even how people act in my creative writing class they're all so fucking negative about every little fucking error and detail like hey - being a editor is another fucking job I hate how people can be, sometimes.

And to the person above me^ yeah, people get really turned off when I tell them my age like people my age can't write anything exceptional. :p but I've been making a business of proving people wrong (06-07) got left back (07-08) passed 2 years of school (08-09) graduated high school and everybody thought i was gonna be "a drugged out screw up like my brother."

5. Cacian

Cacian Banned

I am not sure this word is appropriate here.