1. Darth Batman

Darth Batman Member

Ultimate Survival (Interactive Gameshow)

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Darth Batman, Sep 12, 2016.

Hello, my name is Osnil. I was told games go in Writing Prompts, and the Mods classified this as such. Before I go into tons of detail, I'm going to describe briefly how this works. I, the writer, take twelve contestants from any kind of media (comics, movies, books, TV) and put them in a contest where the basic goal is to survive either by living through events such as floods, battling one another, or simply not starving or dying of thirst. The game ends when one character is left standing.

I know what's going through your head right now: "Where's the interactive part?" I'll tell you. It's in the part where you, the readers, suggest events, contestants, and even vote on which ones are chosen. In fact, when the combat session comes, you help decide who is the lucky not to be involved.

Now, here's how the first part of the interactive section works: We will have the first twenty suggestions (three suggestions per person) for contestants put into a poll. The top eleven in the poll will be elected. The twelfth will be my little secret. And for clarification, each character will receive standard equipment that they can carry.

As for events, since I don't know how long the Game will last, just suggest them, and every so often I'll put up a poll to decide which out of five of the suggested options when the time comes. Suggestions for events could be a simple natural disaster, or as crazy as a zombie apocalypse. I'll take a look.

Combat sections are done as follows: A poll will go up, and the person with the least votes will be the first contestant. Though, I will warn you, just because Batman has the most votes, does not mean he gets out of combat. The second contestant, which I pick, will be decided by who I think is the best match. For instance, Batman has the most votes. James Bond has none. The pick is between Thor, Batman, and James Bond. I am most likely going to put James Bond in the ring with Batman

Combat has one of three endings-each with it's own rewards. It could result in a one man kills, the other is killed, resulting in the winner gaining information on his remaining opponents and a special object (Batmobiles included). The second ending, the KO, happens when the opponent is immobilized, resulting in the winner picking either information or an item, and his opponent getting the one not chosen. The dual fatalities is when both characters die in battle-no rewards given. Combat does have a plus side. The contestant(s) surviving the combat round are immune to the next event.

Events are done as follows: an event will be voted on (out of five), the characters not in combat will be transported to the Event Zone (More on Zones below) then I will look at the characters, and determine whether that person would be able to survive that event. For instance, Sonic the Hedgehog can't swim, so he wouldn't be able to survive a flood. The survivors of the event are rewarded with their lives.

The Surviving section is more of my freestyle round. At the beginning of the Game, characters will randomly be divided into three Zones, to prevent unfair advantage. Each Zone will have it's own distinct theme, hazards, and secrets. The Survival Round will be the part where romances are made, backstabbing is done (will rarely use that one), Bosses are fought (If defeated, a secret Zone is revealed), secret items are found, and, of course, collecting food and water.

The process will repeat until one contestant remains.

Alright. Understand? Feel free to ask me questions either by message, or by posting here.

Things I need:
    Suggestions for Events, Contestants, and Zones

By this time next week, I should be able to have everything ready to begin. Let Ultimate Survival Begin!

cydney and cheekymonkey64 like this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    So I have a question Mr. @Darth Batman : Are the contestants limited to being for all intents and purposes to being mortal, and without being way to OP (Over Powered) over other contestants? You know no one with actual super powers or any kind of enhancements or magic abilities that give them an unfair advantage. I only ask considering it would be way to easy to have the OP character win the contest.

Contestant Nominees: Solid Snake, Agent 47, Ellen Ripley (Alien Series)

Events: Gladiatorial Combat, Zombie Apocalypse, WWI Style Trench Warfare, Capture the flag, and maybe even just because it would be funny, a Jeopardy style game. :p

Zones: Desert, Giant City, Coliseum, A massive maze, where ever the gracious host simply wishes to toss them. :D

3. Darth Batman

Darth Batman Member

1. Virtually anyone could be suggested. For instance, Sauron could be suggested, but I'd give him his ring, giving him both power and weakness. All they'd have to do was slice the finger (counting as a KO, 'cause he ain't dead), but in the Survival Round, they'd have to find a Mount Doom to completely destroy him.
    2. The rewards are set to downplay other characters' OPness. For instance, if Iron Man kills his opponent, he could get Kryptonite, allowing him to take down the Man of Steel. It depends on the situation, or opponent. There are also countless items I will scatter across the Arena that could give certain characters advantages.
    3. I love the Desert idea by the way.

Cave Troll likes this.
  4. Cave Troll

That all sounds good. I just wanted to help get your idea a little kick start is all. :)

5. Darth Batman

Darth Batman Member

It's funny that desert is one of your zone suggestions. I was thinking about various biomes as zones and I was thinking about a Desert Zone and all the hazards and chaos coming with it.

Cave Troll likes this.
  6. cheekymonkey64

cheekymonkey64 New Member

For the Desert Zone you should have the Sarlaac as a hazard.

7. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Characters: Katniss (just cause she's a pro when it comes to this shit), Chuck Norris, Harry Dresden
    Events: infiltrating the pentagon,
    Zones: hell, the Himalayas, the moon, deserted subway

8. cheekymonkey64

dude you can't have Chuck Norris

Cave Troll likes this.
  9. cheekymonkey64

'Cuz he'd win hands down.

10. cheekymonkey64

Zones:Ghost Town, Post Apocalyptic New York City, Old Abandoned Gold Mine.
    Events:Meteor Shower, Nuclear Holocaust, Flood.
    Characters:Starkiller(see Force Unleashed), Ant-Man, Commander Data(see Star Trek:Next Generation).

11. Darth Batman

Darth Batman Member

Thanks all for the suggestions! I'm hoping for a few more suggestions before I start the polling.

12. cheekymonkey64

ok

13. cheekymonkey64

lol

14. Darth Batman

Darth Batman Member

It seems I underestimated the suggestions. I gotta watch Star Trek now. . . and Alien. I'm also gonna make the announcement that Chuck Norris is definitely OP. He is a reality-buster, which therefore makes him ineligible. Death Battle couldn't even get him killed. . . and those guys are pros.

15. Darth Batman

Darth Batman Member

It seems that we're short a few contestants. I'll allow each of you that have made a suggestion to make one more, and then the voting starts.

16. Cave Troll

My final combatant. Figured this would give you an idea of them as they are lesser known to most.

17. Darth Batman

Darth Batman Member

Thanks for the video. Saves me from having to look him up.

I'll release a profile of each combatant with information about abilities, backstory, and personality along with a video trailer showcasing each one after the votes end.

Cave Troll likes this.
  18. Cave Troll

You're welcome. :) I figured it would be easier to get a rundown, while being able to do other things. :p

cydney likes this.