Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dizzyspell

dizzyspell Active Member

Should I post for critique?

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by dizzyspell, Dec 8, 2010.

I know we shouldn't post work on here that we would like to be published someday. My query is in a similar vein, but I couldn't really find the answer to it.

My university does creative writing courses. Each course only takes 12 people. Many more than 12 apply, obviously. One applies through submitting a portfolio of their work.

I know this may sound silly, but should I post work here that I would like to submit for this? Or should I submit to them work that only I have worked on and edited? Will posting on here hurt my chances for getting into this course?

Thanks,
    Sarah.

2. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

Let me put it another way...suppose that without the benefit of the comments you might receive here, you would only be the 13th best applicant. And suppose that with the benefit of the comments you receive here, that makes you the 12th best applicant and therefore admitted to the program. Did you deserve to get in?

One other thought: how would you feel if you finished 13th because one of the top 12 got extra help?

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Please read the site rules, You may NOT post assignments here for critique.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.