1. BobLobLaw

BobLobLaw New Member

A little research help.

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by BobLobLaw, Feb 6, 2011.

So I need help researching a disease.

It needs to be one of those kinds of diseases where you could feel like **** one day, but then the next day you feel fine.

Is there any names for that kind of disease?

2. nzric

nzric Active Member

Hangover?

Nah, seriously - what do you mean by disease? Do you mean physical symptoms, nausea, headache, fevers, stomach trouble, skin lesions, dizzyness, etc?

If it's just something that makes you feel bad for a day then it's better to go with a run-of-the-mill 'common cold' or even food poisoning. That can put you on your back for a day but it's usually ok once it's out of your system. Try salmonella poisoning or giardia, or if it's more serious you might want to go for norovirus.

3. Fallaryn

Fallaryn New Member

Lupus? (Systemic lupus erythematosus.) It's known for flare-ups and remissions.

Pernicious anemia? (Requires a monthly shot for the rest of your life, with the days leading up to the shot you feel terrible, and feel better after the shot.) Left untreated it can damage vital organs like the heart, and can be fatal.

I know there's more, but I can't remember/find them right now.

4. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Can't think of a disease were, you're down one day and up the next - although antibiotics work fast.

5. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Intestinal flu hits hard, is excruciatingly painful (Even for people not wimpy about pain) and is gone within 48 hours. Not sure if you're looking for something like this or something more chronic.

6. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Tummy bug is all I can think of that can be over in 24 hours. Lupus/Fibromyalgia/MS etc the flares and remissions usually take longer than a day and often a remission is complete. You still have to restrict movement and conserve energy to have a 'normalish' life.

7. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

Migraine? A migraine could provide headache, nausea, vomiting, visual difficulties for a few hours, and if it's a fairly short migraine the person could be pretty much fine the next day.

8. HeinleinFan

HeinleinFan Banned

Kidney stones, perhaps? One day you're in bed groaning in pain, the next it finally passes and you're better. (Assuming just one stone.)

9. BobLobLaw

BobLobLaw New Member

Thanks, guys. I found my disease.

I appreciate all your help though.