1. RavenHeart

RavenHeart Member

Magazine submissions

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by RavenHeart, May 27, 2016.

Hi there,

Does anyone know of any paying magazine (print or online) that is looking for commercial, character lead dark/urban fantasy of between 1000 - 5000 words? And if not do you think that this is simply something people aren't interested in reading anymore?

I've been writing dark/urban fantasy short stories with the view to getting them published in magazines but the more I look the less and less publications seem to take this sort of story and those that might don't seem to be accepting submissions for one reason or another :bigfrown: In desperation I've submitted my work to places that are looking for genre fiction thats more serious, gritty or literary but I hold out very little hope as what I write is more Tom Holt or Jim Butcher than George R.R Martin or Susanna Clarke! :eek:

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very, very welcome.
    Many thanks
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. agasfer

agasfer Member

Google "Urban Fantasy Magazine". That seems to fit your description.
    Other possibilities:, "Lightspeed", "Lore", "ON SPEC", "Shimmer", "Space and Time".