1. Targaddon

Targaddon Banned

Writiners Quize

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Targaddon, May 11, 2007.

Heres a little writers quize answer the questions as best you can and honestly and say about a week or so we can compare answers.

Question 1:

You've turned off the t.v., the stereo, and every other possible entertainment device, you have removed all books, and you are sitting in a dimly-lit room doing absolutely nothing. So. . . how long can you sit without going crazy?

A. 5 seconds. I get cold sweats just thinking about power outages.

B. 15 minutes -- but only if I have a bag of potato chips.

C. 1 hour -- I can always replay my last argument and come up with wittier things I could have said.

D. Man! I lost track of the time. I started watching people in my imagination doing interesting things, and the next thing I knew, it was nighttime and I'd missed supper.

Question 2:

You're writing and the phone rings. You:

A. Answer it.

B. Finish your sentence, then answer it.

C. Let the answering machine get it.

C. Have no phone access in the room where you work.

Question 3:

The person calling is one of your dearest friends, who wants to get together for brunch and a good long chat about his/her ex. Unfortunately, this juicy brunch will take place during your peak writing time. You:

A. Decide to go. You haven't heard the latest dirt on the evil ex in ages.

B. Reschedule for a later hour.

C. Reschedule for a non-writing day.

D. Pass.

Question 4:

You're out at the restaurant with your friend when you have a fantastic idea for a novel. You:

A. Have to hope you'll remember it -- you have nothing to write with and nothing to write on.

B. Will manage. You always have a pen, and there are napkins in restaurants.

C. Carry a special notebook, an organizer, or even a laptop with you everywhere -- you're completely prepared.

D. Aren't at the restaurant; that would cut unacceptably into your 14-hour writing workday.

Question 5:

When you see yourself as a successful writer, what is the image that is clearest in your mind:

A. The rounds of publishers' parties, autographings, and talk shows where you are lionized for your work of immortal literary genius?

B. Your name on the spines of a shelf full of beautiful books?

C. A vision of sending off a completed manuscript to a waiting editor or agent?

D. Your butt in your chair, your fingers on your keyboard, and your eyes on your monitor (or whatever tools you use to produce your stories or novels.)

Question 6:

You anticipate being able to quit your day job to write full time:

A. immediately -- you have a great idea for a book you know will be a bestseller;

B. as soon as the first book sells;

C. when you have three or four on the shelf;

D. when you're making as much from writing as you make at your day job . . . and have for a couple of years.

Question 7:

Do you have. . .

A. an idea for the Great American Novel -- a certain best-seller;

B. a few ideas for different stories;

C. background and development for a number of related books, a timeline, and a whole handful of novel ideas;

D. half a dozen fully developed worlds, including maps, costume worksheets, fully developed languages, cultures, flora, fauna, religions, sciences, and much more, plus enough story ideas to get you through this lifetime, and the next one.

Question 8:

You figure the biggest benefit of becoming a writer is:

A. Money & fame;

B. Flexible hours;

C. Creative control and being your own boss;

D. The writing.

Question 9:

You read:

A. The occasional newspaper, magazines, and remember having read books . . . but not recently;

B. You read in your free time if you don't have something better to do;

C. You invented the term multi-tasking because reading IS your "something better to do -- you usually have a book in hand no matter what else you're doing at the time;

D. Your house doesn't need insulation; the triple-stacked shelves of all your books will serve quite nicely, thank you.

Question 1O:

Where is the weirdest place you have ever written?

A. Your desk . . . _maybe_, in a crunch, at the kitchen table;

B. In bed. (An extra 1O points for this one if you were on your honeymoon at the time);

C. On the toilet;

D. Don't ask.

2. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

Question 1:

You've turned off the t.v., the stereo, and every other possible entertainment device, you have removed all books, and you are sitting in a dimly-lit room doing absolutely nothing. So. . . how long can you sit without going crazy?

D. Man! I lost track of the time. I started watching people in my imagination doing interesting things, and the next thing I knew, it was nighttime and I'd missed supper.

Question 2:

A. Answer it. (It's probably my mum, dad or friends and they come first)

Question 3:

The person calling is one of your dearest friends, who wants to get together for brunch and a good long chat about his/her ex. Unfortunately, this juicy brunch will take place during your peak writing time. You:

A. Decide to go. You haven't heard the latest dirt on the evil ex in ages. (I hate gossip but I'd go because they were my friend.)

Question 4:

You're out at the restaurant with your friend when you have a fantastic idea for a novel. You:

A. Have to hope you'll remember it -- you have nothing to write with and nothing to write on.

Question 5:

When you see yourself as a successful writer, what is the image that is clearest in your mind:

D. Your butt in your chair, your fingers on your keyboard, and your eyes on your monitor (or whatever tools you use to produce your stories or novels.)

Question 6:

D. when you're making as much from writing as you make at your day job . . . and have for a couple of years. (I don't have a day job but if I did that's what I'd do. xD)

Question 7:

Do you have. . .

B. a few ideas for different stories;

Question 8:

C. Creative control and being your own boss; (And my own worst nightmare too.)

Question 9:

You read:

A. The occasional newspaper, magazines, and remember having read books . . . but not recently;

Question 1O:

D. Don't ask.

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Question 1:

Question 2:

B. Finish your sentence, then answer it

Question 3:

Question 4:

C. Carry a special notebook, an organizer, or even a laptop with you everywhere -- you're completely prepared.

Question 5:

C. A vision of sending off a completed manuscript to a waiting editor or agent?

Question 6:

D. when you're making as much from writing as you make at your day job . . . and have for a couple of years.

Question 7:

Do you have. . .

D. half a dozen fully developed worlds, including maps, costume worksheets, fully developed languages, cultures, flora, fauna, religions, sciences, and much more, plus enough story ideas to get you through this lifetime, and the next one.

Question 8:

D. The writing.

Question 9:

You read:

Question 1O:

D. Don't ask.

~Torana

4. WhiteRider

WhiteRider New Member

Question 1:

A. 5 seconds. I get cold sweats just thinking about power outages.

Question 2:

B. Finish your sentence, then answer it.

Question 3:

Question 4:

B. Will manage. You always have a pen, and there are napkins in restaurants.

Question 5:

Question 6:

A. immediately -- you have a great idea for a book you know will be a bestseller;

Question 7:

Do you have. . .

C. background and development for a number of related books, a timeline, and a whole handful of novel ideas;

Question 8:

D. The writing.

Question 9:

You read:

Question 1O:

B. In bed. (An extra 1O points for this one if you were on your honeymoon at the time);