1. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

A new story based on the recent real occurance

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Mans, Jan 22, 2014.

I want to start a story which happens in the Myanmar. A 12 years old boy that all his families are killed by an extreme group of Buddhist, namely, 969 group ( They move unlike the peaceful Buddhists ) escapes to the woods and tries hide there inevitably. He becomes familiar with a big tiger. The tiger asks him, why you have come to the forest while you are a little boy. He tells his story to the tiger and explains, how the extreme 969 Buddhists have killed all his family cruelly and then set fire to their home. The tiger cries and ask, do you humans kill each other while we tigers just struggle and don't kill our fellows? He explains to the tiger, we humans are two groups, one group is good and peaceful and another group is evildoer and cruel. The tiger becomes wrathful and says roaring, now I am the sign of justice... I will revenge of those savage and ignorant humans. I will feed myself from their brains! The boy says the tiger tearful , but I don't think they have had any brain and if they had, they wouldn't kill my innocent family. The tiger become more excited, roars loudlier and says, so I will eat their hearts which are stonier than the rocks. The boy that is friend with the tiger ask it to stay there and go not to that wild folk. That tiger doesn't listen to him and yell, Just tell me what is the name of their tyrant leader. I am thirsty to his dirty blood. The boy is not able to prevent that wrathful tiger so inevitably declare the murderer's name. The tiger runs toward the town without any delay. It finds the leader of the 969 group and eats that tyrant.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

What's the question?

3. Mans

I wanted to benefit your comments :)

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Plots are not enough to go on. Write an opening chapter and post it in the workshop. :)

Wreybies, Mans and jannert like this.
  5. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Yes, I agree with @GingerCoffee.

Every story 'idea' has possibilites, but we can only really comment on the actual story you write. Give it a go, see what you come up with, and then put the start of it (or some part of it) on the Workshop. Here, you're just giving us a synopsis.

You can certainly include an introductory paragraph explaining the bits of your story that are left out of your excerpt, so we'll know the setting and maybe where you intend to take the story. Indicate if the piece you are posting is an opening chapter, or maybe an internal one. But until we see your actual writing of the actual story, it's impossible to comment in any helpful way.

Don't be afraid to give it a go! We're all learning here.

Mans likes this.
  6. Mans

Sorrily whenever I refer to the workshop I see, I am not allowed to post anything. I asked the administrator , why I can't post my stories ( even a poem) to the workshop. He enlightened me, you should to have two critical replies in the workshop at least, to be allowed to create a new thread there. Although it sounds like a law in WF but I say, I wish this limitation was canceled so that I can post my writings easier. It is because , I sometimes don't remember any critique and mostly am interested to post my works . In fact I am interested to know what are my failures and defects in writing so I would like to be able to send my works whenever I wish.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  7. EllBeEss

EllBeEss Senior Member

I've noticed this more in other forums but you're not the only person in the forum who just wants to be able to post something for critique without critiquing anything else. If everyone thought like this and this restriction wasn't in place nothing in the writing workshop would ever get critiqued. Also if you practiced critiquing other works it becomes much easier to edit your own and improve your own writing. You have enough posts so just read some pieces in the workshop and post what doesn't work, it isn't really that difficult and the benefits to your own writing outweigh the time.

Wyr, Wreybies, Mans and 2 others like this.
  8. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Yes, I agree with what @EllBeEss said above. We are all writers (or want-to-be writers) here, and this is a give-and-take exercise. The regulation exists so that everybody gives and takes equally. Everybody has a right to get critiqued by their peers, but only if they are willing to give critiques in return. Seems very fair to me.

Otherwise, one group is doing all the work while the other group gets all the benefit!

9. Mans

it is better the critique is reduced to one at least. The one post instead of the one critique

10. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Ok, then
    Well, it's always a 2 for 1 deal. This not only ensures that members do get their work attended to, it increases the likelihood that more than one person will give their opinion. The purpose is so that you get exactly what you expressed earlier as your wish. Remove the requirement and it doesn't happen.

Mans likes this.
  11. novemberjuliet

novemberjuliet Member

It sounds like the tiger is some sort of righteous anger or justice figure. I think if you go deeper with the moral impications of the story it could turn out to be really nice.