1. SheDevil

SheDevil New Member

SheDevil Psychbitch

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SheDevil, May 22, 2014.

My entire life my writing has gotten me into trouble. I am usually pretty chill in person, but when I sit down at a keyboard my internal demons come out in a very weird and entertaining way.
    Some people really like that about me. Some don't get it at all. The problem is that I don't always realize how these things come across until after they blow up in my face.
    Last year I had some very unfortunate things happen and I took out a lot of frustrations through writing. I wanted it to be public, so I became a Facebook junkie and lost a TON of friends in the process. They didn't get it and I don't blame them.
    I finally got fed up with my own bullshit and started a blog at the request of my friend who had done something similar awhile back.
    The shit that came out of my mind as I started appalled even me. The idea that it was public but anonymous kept me going. My first blog actually did very well but I ended it because I found out a lot of people I knew were reading it. How embarrassing!
    Since I am not linked to my name here on writingforums.org I would like to share both. Any feedback (even bad feedback) is welcome and encouraged.

[links removed]

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a quick read through the New Member Quick Start where you'll find link to the Forum Rules, and the FAQ.

Have fun! :D

Wrey

3. Xueqin-II

Xueqin-II New Member

I most likely won't have a problem if it isn't bigoted and hateful.

4. SheDevil

SheDevil New Member

Bigoted and hateful? Why would you feel it would be either of those?

5. Xueqin-II

Xueqin-II New Member

I only hesitate because I've heard similar things, and it grew into vicious diatribes and hate speech. By all means, if all you intend to portray is that you work in dark territory, then I happily await your contributions.

I will be honest, it is still hazy as to what exactly you create, however. Partly this is what led me to step back.

6. HealSomeBabies

HealSomeBabies Member

I like Devils that are female. Looking forward to diatribes and hate speech. Oh yeah, and the bigotry.

7. SheDevil

SheDevil New Member

As far as hatred, there is quite a bit of contempt for a certain person throughout Confessions of a SheDevil and for good reason. My ex was abusive. Although the story is more my own internal battles after kicking him out of my life.
    Other than that, there is very little hatred for anything mentioned.

@Xueqin-II, I'm not sure what you mean by hazy as to what I create? Is this a reference to my blog or to my original post?
    Confessions of a SheDevil is an internal dialogue and journey of confusion and healing after ending an abusive relationship.

8. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Sounds promising. Welcome to the forum.

Just a guess: People don't often want to hear one's bitching about one's ex or take sides. But if you can make it something personal but removed from the personal level, pull the camera back, write the emotions people can relate to, that's where a writer's own experiences begin to pay off.

SheDevil likes this.
  9. Xueqin-II

Xueqin-II New Member

I too write of the abuses I have gone through. Do you ever write fiction or poetry?

SheDevil likes this.
  10. SheDevil

SheDevil New Member

I don't often write poetry @Xueqin-II, but I do write fiction. I usually start with something true-to-life and let it warp itself into science fiction or fantasy/fairy-tale in my head. I usually twizt it a little after that and make it completely different while trying to keep the true feelings ingrained in my head. I think it gives a very real feeling to fictional pieces even when I no longer pass them off as true-to-life.

@GingerCoffee I completely agree with you about people not wanting to read other people bitching and ranting about their exes on Facebook! Absolutely! I was in a miserable state of mind at the time and I realize now that what I was doing was stupid. I find typing out my drama to be a huge form of stress relief so Facebook became my default dumping ground.
    Blogging instead helped me with my recovery in the aftermath. I was able to write anonymously without a filter and I'm pleasantly surprised with the way it all took form once I moved it from Facebook to Confessions of a SheDevil.
    Some of my friends did end up finding it and reading it which was great because they wanted to know what happened. I could never sort my thoughts out enough in-person to talk about it calmly and logically.
    My ex found it too (yikes) but it ended up being a kinda/sorta good thing. It guilted him into admitting what he did to certain family members. He still denies it most of the time but that's unfortunately what happens in these instances.

11. Xueqin-II

Xueqin-II New Member

Often I write Chinese and Japanese styles of poetry, as they agree with me far better than western forms. My favorite is the haiku, restrained and much more my style. I practice mostly in prose, however, with essays and fiction I take very seriously. I will be interested to see your work when you post it to the site.

Have you ever read Fight Club? It is a book about anger, and though I am not a fan of Chuck Palahniuk's new work (It's all horrible - NEVER buy Haunted or Damned), I feel that if you are trying to portray anger and emotional suffering, apathy possibly, you could take notes on his style and see if you like it. You may take something from it.

12. SheDevil

SheDevil New Member

@Xueqin-II I actually admire Chuck Palahniuk quite a bit! That's so weird that you say it since I found plenty of similarities (most of them unintentional) between Fight Club and Confessions of a SheDevil. I even give Chuck a shout-out or two in both SheDevil and Psychobabble Unlimited.
    My blogs are listed in my signature. They keep deleting them from the post itself. They aren't clickable in my signature but if you copy and paste into your web bar it'll take you right to them.
    They have decent SEO scores as well so if you Google "Confessions of a SheDevil" or "Psychobabble Unlimited" (both with quotes) you'll find them pretty easily.
    Do you have any of your work published online?

13. Xueqin-II

Xueqin-II New Member

Nothing I have actually posted online, aside from a tidbit I left on this website of an idea for a fantasy novel I had. All of my personal things are to be polished and hopefully truly published at one point.

14. SheDevil

SheDevil New Member

I guess we're different then. I find a rough, unpolished style adds an edgy feel that I enjoy both reading and writing.

15. Xueqin-II

Xueqin-II New Member

Oh, I certainly feel that way about some things. With my personal literature, I like it to be impressive, but would you read any of my pulp stories, they're very purposefully chunky. I wrote some punk-style fiction back when and the fantasy tidbit I have are quite like so. I could show you my punk-lit that I've written, but I don't want to bog the site down with a ton of posts by myself. However, you can see a glimpse with what I do have up, should you like.

SheDevil likes this.