1. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors. Founder Staff Contributor

A Note on this Forum

Discussion in 'By the Genre' started by Daniel, Oct 19, 2013.

This new "By the Genre" forum is for genre development; that is, the discussion of how to write specific genres, how to develop specific genre elements, and how to use specific techniques within a genre. This forum is not for writing questions or discussions that are not genre-specific.

For example: if you're looking for help on how to write effective dialogue specifically to develop your characters, that belongs in the character development forum. If you're trying to develop a character for your romance novel, and you're struggling with building romantic tension or emotional interpersonal relationships through your dialogue, then that belongs in this forum, marked with the Romance prefix.

Non-genre-development threads - such as genre discussion or genre news - are allowed as long as they are relevant to a specific genre.

I've wanted to add genre-specific forums here for a while. The limited feedback I've gotten suggests there is some interest, and the use of the erotica workshop discussion forum seems to have been well-received. I've held off because I wasn't sure if WF could support a forum for each genre, so I decided to give this a test run. Instead of a forum for each genre, each genre has a thread prefix. In time, genre's that are popular will get their own sub-forum for better organization.

Any questions, comments, criticism, or ideas are all welcome in this thread.

auntiebetty and Pandorag like this.
  2. Daniel

Also, for those of you wonder, erotica has it's own sub-forum because we are enforcing a 17+ age requirement to view threads in that forum.

Pandorag likes this.
  3. jazzabel

jazzabel Contributing Member Contributor

Pretty cool idea Daniel, I like it :)

4. Uberwatch

Uberwatch Active Member

Science Fiction sub-forum please?

Pandorag likes this.
  5. Daniel

Once there are a reasonable amount of sci-fi threads in this main forum we can create a sci-fi forum. Just need to make sure there's enough demand for it.

For now threads on any genre can be made in this main parent "By the Genre" forum.

6. auntiebetty

auntiebetty Active Member

I am interested in exploring paranormal conventions. I see books on how to write sci fi and fantasy but not paranormal.

Viridian likes this.