1. maze

maze New Member

Different Perspectives

Discussion in 'Word games' started by maze, Mar 13, 2013.

In the past, I have been told to write in the perspective of someone wildly different from myself as a way to practice writing in a realistic manner. I figured it would be interesting to put it here to see what everyone comes up with (this is my first major post, so hopefully I put it in the right place).

So essentially, the task is to write a short dialogue between two characters that are completely different from you.

Prompt 1: Someone much older than you speaking with someone in a public profession (that you have never worked in).

2. Drstrong

Drstrong Active Member

-"I could never do what you do, and I've done everything."

-"HA! It's not that difficult, I just get out there and lay it all on the line, hope for the best."

-"How long have you been doing this? Seems like a long time, no?"

-"I've always loved baseball, so I decided to become an agent! It was really as simple as that; well, after I went to law school, but I'm here now! There isn't anything I'd rather do than this."

-"I commend you, young sir! I wish you the best and good luck with whatever may come."

-"Hey, thanks a lot old timer, no offense!"

3. rhduke

rhduke Member Reviewer

He was out of breath, the poor bugger. Everytime a grenade went off well out of range, it looked like he expected to die. Useless. War was no place for a chicken shit like him. He was going to get someone killed. Most probably me.

"You. Go cover the right flank before I go over there and thump you. Good for nothing." The last part I mumbled.

"Y-yeah. Okay."

The stupid fool was safer over there anyway.

---

I kinda glossed over the "public profession" part.. oh well, there it is anyway.