1. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Infraction System?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by JJ_Maxx, Oct 5, 2013.

Is there a built-in infraction system with the new forums? In the old forums the infractions were viewable and also they 'expired' after a certain time frame.

Is there a system built in?

2. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

There is - Infractions are now Warnings, basically. Warnings can act as infractions with points, or as real warnings with no points.

I'm putting together a site FAQ. It will have a page that addresses infractions/warnings, banning, appeals, etc.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I think JJ is asking about a place on a member's page where they can see and track warnings they have received, when they were given, the points per warning and when they expire.

4. Daniel

Currently infractions - now renamed "Warnings" - aren't visible on your profile like Infractions used to be in our previous forum software. It's on the wish-list, but will require some custom development.

5. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

The rules don't mention it, but do warning points ever expire?

6. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Yes, they do. Sometimes after one month, sometimes after three. Occasionally it takes a year. At the moderator's option, they might never expire, but that only happens if the member is being banned.

Andrae Smith likes this.
  7. Daniel

You can now see your warnings in your own profile (others can't see them), including the warning type, date warned, how many points the warning is worth, and when it expires, and possibly other details as well.

@Lewdog and anyone else interested, minstrel's right, but you can find some more details warning point values/expiration on our infraction/warning system FAQ entry. In short, it's based on the type of warning and total lifetime warning points. 10 warning points will get a 30 day ban. If you return, you'll still need 10 warning points to get banned again - but the second ban is worth 90 days instead of 30. And so on.