1. Neko131

Neko131 New Member

Need help for a love idea?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Neko131, Jan 12, 2010.

Alright so as the title says i'm in a bit of a pickle. (Hahaha pickle) Anyway, a childish werewolf (girl) falls in love with a flirty/pervert vampire (boy).
    So I need to know how can they fall in love? The wolf hates love and has never fallen in love with anyone and the vampire has a preppy girl following after him all the time.
    I don't know how to write it I want it to be smashing but....yeah. I mean I was tihnking of fighting and than he kisses her to tease her but he likes it. But that is lame, I tried she runs away and he follows to help her blah blah lame! I need ideas if you could atleast get my brain moving I might be able to think of something awesome:)!:D

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no benefit in asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read this thread about What is Plot Creation and Development?

But you don't even have the bare bones of a story yet, and you're asking people to help you. This isn't just patching up a rough part of the, this is trying to design the overall storyline by committee.

Sorry, I don't have a set of cerebral jumper cables. I think it is in your best interests for you to keep cranking the starter until the creative engine turns over and starts to run on its own.

3. Operaghost

Operaghost New Member

To be honest thanks to the twilight series, I would advise you to try and stay away from the idea altogether, as it appears to be the only thing people are writing at the moment, and as such, everyone will compare it to the series, and the chances of it getting anywhere are very slim. As for the dilemma you’ve got I get the feeling that maybe you haven’t had much experience in love yourself, but there is no defining moment which can cause people to fall in love, it just happens, for the werewolf its easy, maybe she is slightly insecure and so the flirty nature of the vampire makes her first become infatuated with him because he pays her attention, which could then develop into a deeper love, for the vampire things are a bit more difficult but you mention he is a pervert so maybe he tries to use things to his advantage and realises that maybe he has feelings after all, but at the end of the day it is what you feel is natural, put yourself in the girls shows, how would you act around a guy you like?

4. thecommabandit

thecommabandit New Member

I'd say if you intend on trying to get it published... don't go for something that could be seen as a rip-off of Twilight.

But if you're just writing for pleasure then go for it! Operaghost has some good ideas.

5. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

I don't want to post links here in case it isn't permitted, but I suggest you Google for 'plots love stories'. There are about 8 main plots that are used for romance writing--it doesn't matter if it's werewolves, vampires, doctor/nurse, bodice rippers, whatever. What you describe sounds like the 'slap, slap, kiss, kiss' plot.

As Cogito says, it's in the handling, not the framework, that the story shows itself--although you do need a basic scaffolding.

6. bruce

bruce Active Member

I googled and found a page that describes 36 Plots. Nice!

7. Sophronia

Sophronia New Member

Keep in mind good relationships between people, whether they be human/human-like, etc. - personally I don't believe in the love on first sight. Love is built upon experiences the characters may or may not share that will cause them the love each other even more, and the more that you're able to develop the romance throughout the story rather than in an instant, the better it will probably be.

8. Cosmos

Cosmos New Member

I'm sorry to say I don't personally think the personalities would be attracted to each other. You would have to modify them to be more realistic or at least give some plausible situations that would bring them together. Love is developed with enduring situations together, commonalities, personality similiarities and chemistry. Without them the love is pretty flat, IMO.

9. Operaghost

Operaghost New Member

I don't agree, i think the fact that they are opposing personalites is the very reason why they do match, opposites attract and that has been proven time and again, plus both of these personalities are down to deep seeded insecurities and so it would make sense for them to come together to overcome these, even if on a subconscious level. I myself have been in a similar situation and know that things can develop between them