1. Fanficlover

Fanficlover New Member

Christmas 2010

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fanficlover, Dec 18, 2010.

This year, what do you want for Christmas? Also, what do you wish for this year's holiday? New job, friend, maybe even romance, etc.

For me, this year I did real hard work. I want a new DSlite because my old one is starting to get broken. It is still working, but I guess it is not too early to buy new one.

2. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

I want my husband's patent application to be processed quickly, and for us to become multi millionaires as a result of his new invention!

3. Newfable

Newfable New Member

I just want to make it through until the summer of 2011.

Times are tough.

4. Northern Phil

Northern Phil Active Member

And Christmas makes these times a hundred times tougher.

I'm hoping to have a happy and joyful christmas, I want to say goodbye to this awful year in style with plenty of booze and food. Here's hoping I can get back on my feet and have a good start to 2011.

5. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

For this year's Christmas I hope certain things will have gone back to normal for my family and me, and that we can spend it together as we always do, and my big wish for 2011 is that my guy can come and visit me. :)

6. Noya Desherbanté

Noya Desherbanté New Member

I'd just like some time out - a little bubble of no stress, an excuse to stop and look around at how beautiful life is instead of thinking I have to focus on worries and 'sort things out'. I could ask for all my problems to be sorted, but I think I'd rather have the satisfaction of muddling through them myself - this Christmas I ask to feel as strong and proud of myself as I have done at times this past year.

Also a Kindle wouldn't go amiss, plz, kthxbi :D

7. heidilynnmarie

heidilynnmarie New Member

Well, Christmas is bittersweet for me. My family has a party every Christmas Eve, which I'm very excited about. Other than that, I hope that people in my family can mature and get the help that they need. I'm going to the party then taking another much needed break from most of my family.

8. write_star

write_star New Member

For this year, I want to move out of my parent's house, even though that (probably) won't happen, and I'd like.... well, there's a lot of things I'd like, none of which I'll list here.

9. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

If I tell you my wish, it won't come true. ;)
    But yes, I'm wishing/wanting certain things which I won't mention.

10. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I would like a new pair of slippers (I've worn holes in my current pair) and maybe a new set of pinstripe converse sneakers. I cant wear my old ones anymore as the soles have fallen off. :p Oh, and a rice cooker too. I don't know if it's "legal" to have in the dorms, but I don't care anymore. You can cook rice and fish and steam vegetables, which I can live quite happily on with a rice cooker. Maybe a new pair of sweatpants too. I'm tired of wearing the same one pair I have to the gym three times a week.

11. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I never want gifts for Christmas, but there are two things I'd love this year, not exactly gifts, but still I want them.
    1) For this new trial medication my mum starts after Christmas to be the 'real one' and not the sugar pill (they always do a real one and a fake one to see if the real one actually does anything to help), and after 6 months of being on this new trial medication, they turn around and tell her, that while they haven't cured her, they have slowed her condition down further and she will definitely be around for Christmas next year, and a good few more after that.
    2) For my sons hearing to be sorted out very quickly in the new year.

Yup, that's what I want for Christmas. Guarantees that those things will happen.

12. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

Tickets to UFC 129.

13. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

I want to find the key for the cupboard at the top of the stairs. It is the one with everything Christmas in it - one of my boys has had it. Neither speak very well and all I get in response to where the hell is the key is -UH!!

14. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

I want... hmmm ... I want that one person I probably won't ever get sitting under my grandparents xmas tree with a big red bow and a drop dead smile... yup.. that would make my ... well everything.

15. lavendershy

lavendershy New Member

I would like some brown shoe polish and the soundtrack for Into the Woods. And books, but that's a no-brainer for anyone who knows me. It's actually the brown shoe polish I need, though, so I'm really hoping that's in my stocking. :)

16. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

There's nothing really I want this year, (Besides seeing Lydia, of course) but I bought a few things for my daughter. Her Christmas list was:

Airplane
    Barbie
    Bear
    Puppet
    Shoes

I bought her a Barbie, an Elephant puppet, and a toy airplane, but I found some other things I know she'd like that weren't on her list.
    I bought her one of those webkinz things that the kids seem to love these days. It's a stuffed barred owl and I figured, since she's learning how to use the computer now, she might like playing with it virtually as well.
    The big present I got her this year is a FirstAct child's guitar. It's purple and has got a pink flower around the soundhole. I'm sure she'll love it. :)
    It was the only children's guitar I could find that didn't have Hannah Montana or Selena Gomez or some other rubbish on the side. Anyway, maybe I can start her early and she'll be awesome by the time she's a teen. Maybe she can even jam out with her dad some day. :)

1 person likes this.
  17. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Cheapskate, not buying her a Boeing 747 :p

What do I want for Christmas? An end to half a dozen things going on at the moment. There's someone I know who's very ill at the moment, and her recovering would be a nice gift. (Before anyone says anything, we're just friends). On a more selfish note, I'd like to get my work ethic back so I can get this coursework done, although I have done 600 words of my Sentencing today.

What do I want for 2011? Town going up as champions would be nice (pipping Sheffield Wednesday to the post with a comeback win from 2-0 down on the last day, with Jordan Rhodes netting a 93rd minute winner in front of 20,000... hey, a man can dream).

18. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

Ah, yes. Those were the days. Now one daughter 'needs' a massive amount of electronic equipment, the other the entire contents of the most exclusive clothes store in town. Neither will get their full list, needless to say. Luckily, the oldest one has the best present of all--a real live baby, and every other gift pales in comparison!

@ Elgaisma
    Your predicament made me laugh--sorry about that! I hope you get the key off the culprit soon. Just...how are you so sure if they can't tell you?

19. DSR

DSR New Member

For Christmas I'm just hoping to get some money for next semester because I'm a poor college student :p, along with clothes, and an Ipod jack to play tunes in the car would be nice too

For the Holidays and next year I'm looking to do well in my second semester at college, enjoy the time I have with my friends and make new ones, and work hard to get money saved up.

Hope eveyone has a good holiday!

20. Johnny English

Johnny English New Member

unfortunately my wants is not equal to my opportunities
    but what i want is to snowbord a lot on a high mountain with my new girlfriend and with my new iPod that plays new awesome dubstep track

21. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Yeah, the Hannah ones seem to not have sold very easily at all. A friend of ours got one for his oldest as he said it literally was a third the price.

Yeah, I agree there, madhoca. Nothing compares to a real live baby. Best gift in the world. :)

Dan went and spoiled our kids this year, as he was given another 12 month contract and they did so well at school this year.

22. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

OOOH, I hope you find it! :redface: That has to be nerve wracking given that there's only a couple days left to Christmas.

I actually don't have something I want terribly. What would be nice, though, is having my car ready for the road. It had been sitting for nine months before I bought it so naturally it had to be towed home. My dad's an autobody guy. He knows a thing or two, and I know he wants to get it running, but the SNOW. Man, it's 28 here and the flakes are coming down like taunting little pillows of plush stuffing. Not the most ideal temp for outside work. Ah well, for another day. Hope you guys all have a merry Christmas! :D