1. dropkicker

dropkicker New Member

The Fear of Many In New York

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dropkicker, Feb 28, 2010.

I'm sure everyone who does not live in a box here know that a lot of people in big cities in the US are here illegally, and I am sure they don't want to get deported. I've always been curious as to what really happens when a person or family gets deported.

Will you be able to bring your belongings with you?
    What will happen to you? If you are not allowed to bring your belongings such as clothes, technology, pets and etc., what will happen to them? Will you be able to keep all the money you have in banks and your wallet?

I tried Yahoo Answers, but that was my mistake. Everyone there is brainless and have the thinking capacity of a turd, so I came here. I'd like to know what you guys know.

2. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

I'm not sure about the US, but I don't think it's that different.

In the UK, they're allowed to keep their basic possessions - clothing, food, water, etc., whilst it is decided what to do with them (usually they'll be given an order to go to an immigration centre, and are then released). When they are deported, they have to abandon most of that stuff, although if they are deported because they are convicted of a crime, then some of them will be paid to ensure that they don't starve. The pets are taken in by the RSPCA, their technology is probably kept by them, although any other property that isn't that valuable and doesn't contain personal photographs or video may be confiscated. Anything else they own, such as property, is auctioned.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Here is a rather legalese description of the process as concerns those dealing with deportation from the United States.

Deportation and Removal Process

After you have waded through the information, you will see that the answer is not so simple as one would think and that there are many mitigating circumstances.

4. dropkicker

dropkicker New Member

Thanks guys. You were really helpful, and thanks to you guys, I know more. The power of knowledge! Ahaha:D

5. Green Tea

Green Tea Banned

It would make a good premise for a novel anyway.

I'm assuming that's why you asked in the first place. :)

Maybe try to find some people who have gone through the experience personally, and interview them. Use google translate and post some ads on forums in different places asking for some personal stories. If you offer a small monetary payment for exceptional stories, you will get a flood of takers.