1. Kyle Oram

Kyle Oram Member

Hey there! I'm new

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kyle Oram, Dec 30, 2015.

Hi, I've been working on some projects lately and I have just been looking for people to share my ideas with and get feedback from other fellow writers. I'm only 16 and I've been working on this project for almost 6 years now in my head. In the past few months I have begun to write down my ideas as I have developed a sudden passion for this project again. I have just made this account to see with this community is like and I would love to meet some of you people who really enjoy fantasy, and sci-fi like me.

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Emoclew to the Forum. :p

3. Aster

Aster Member

I love fantasy and sci-fi! I look forward to seeing some of this project you've been cooking up. Have you noticed any significant changes to your idea since you were 10? Or has it been a very gradual evolution over time?

4. Kyle Oram

Kyle Oram Member

There have been many significant changes because of plot holes that I noticed, things that didn't work or were too clichè. The whole thing is quite different from where it started and now I am just trying to find a voice behind the characters. I am also trying get to decide whether I should write it from third or first person

5. Aster

Aster Member

Have you written detailed character profiles? Do you know what each character's favourite colour, music, animal, fabric texture is? (leather fetish?)

6. Kyle Oram

Kyle Oram Member

I havent gone into that much detail but I have done a nice but for a few characters. I'm talking more about looking for the voice of the narrator and the voice of the story in general

7. kateamedeo

kateamedeo Active Member

Hello! I'm new too :) Good luck on your project, hope you will post about your progress.

8. Kyle Oram

Kyle Oram Member

Welcome to the community as well! I'll be sure to post my progress

9. Aster

Aster Member

Your world, your characters, and the story you want to tell will inform this choice of narrative voice and style. When you know everything else about your creation then the narrative voice will develop naturally.