Tags:
  1. afrodite7

afrodite7 New Member

Getting reviews

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by afrodite7, Jul 27, 2012.

-How do I get my book reviewed without people stealing it? If I have several emails from myself indicating the times of the work being sent back and forth , would it work as evidence against theft? What about gathering an audience?

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

emails can be too easily faked... as far as i know, that won't be any more acceptable as evidence in court than 'the poor man's copyright' [sending hard copy to yourself by registered/certified mail]...

what works best in a court battle, if you have to prove you wrote something, is to keep your very first idea jottings [handwritten is best] plus your first draft print-out complete with handwritten editing corrections, as well as a couple of later drafts that will show the progression from idea to final draft...

worrying about a reviewer stealing your book is a waste of energy... who's going to do such a stupid thing and think they can get away with it?...