Act One Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Domino355, Dec 25, 2016.

1. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

Hey Erik do you think that maybe later in the story, for like a couple hundred years, Mamba could teach Realitì sorcery?

2. MagicPenguin

MagicPenguin Active Member

I'm editing my template to reflect that Yurius has two new abilities, one as a result of my most recent post. I've already discussed them with the GM and he approved. The first is a pocket dimension from which he can materialize weapons he already owns at will. He can be holding a sword and shield one moment and then suddenly have a bow and arrow knocked and ready to fire within an eyeblink. He's a master with every kind of weapon and fighting style, so having immediate access to those weapons and the ability to switch instantaneously from one to another is just a natural extension of that.

The second ability is the power to make portals for transportation to anywhere from anywhere. Anywhere within his line of sight, he can create a portal of any size he chooses. Most obviously, this can be used to move himself or transport others to different places, but it has other creative and perhaps less obvious uses. He can use it to eavesdrop if he makes it very small and inconspicuous in the vicinity of people having a private conversation. He can use it just to watch what people are doing unaware. He can use it to suddenly transport behind someone in a fight. Or open one underneath their feet and send them someplace unpleasant like the vacuum of space or the inside of a volcano. He can use it to fire projectiles at people from any distance and from any direction. There are a lot of interesting possibilities with this one. He won't really use it too much except unconsciously in bursts of desperation until he learns to control the ability in about 350, when the crisis starts going down.

3. gibble410

@Domino355 is every god going to meet up at Eliphon tower?

4. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Umm the action is happening at Mamba's tower, so no

5. MagicPenguin

How exactly do you want this to play out? Are all the gods going to have to put aside their squabbles for a moment and combine forces to take on this threat? What is it, what does it want, how powerful is it, and how are we going to respond to it?

6. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Well, here is the thing aboutbeing a GM... I could tell you how I want you to play your characters, and I can tell you how the game is going to play out. But where's all the fun in that? I want you to play your characters on behalf of what you know. I want you to make your own decisions (and if I ever played your character's choices or affected your characters in any way without first getting you ok then you have my most sincere apologies.)

Basically, just roleplay your characters the way they see the situation. And don't worry. I'll show you with the outcome whether it was a good idea or not

7. gibble410

Ahhh OK, thanks.

8. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Whose turn is it to post?

9. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

All of you. Only gibble posted since my last post

10. MagicPenguin

Waiting for Erik to post. I want Yurius to approach Mamba to ask for help healing the imprisoned Feral spirits in my next post and I don't want to make any assumptions about where she'll be or what she'll be doing between 330 and 350.

11. halisme

It's going to be fun when Yurius finds out they're all free and properly with Khaline now.

12. MagicPenguin

We shall see.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  13. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Tention rising. I like it!!

14. MagicPenguin

@Erik-the-Enchanter! I wrote Yurius approaching the room where Mamba was last seen several years after she was last seen there and I left it ambiguous as to Mamba's current presence on purpose. I didn't want to assume anything.

If she is still there in 345, simply write as if Yurius asked for her help healing Feral spirits from mind control and making them immune to such alterations in the future. If she consents, he can take her to the prison that contains his lieutenant Borin and other spirits beneath the Arbiter's Meadow where his main army is camped. He presently has no access to the spirits already freed from the crater prison and working for Khaline, though.
    If she left, I'll just write in my next post that he found the room empty and no one there, then write another post where he finds Mamba wherever she happens to be after your next post.

By the way, what are we doing about the stuff on Ignus? The Tesni and Merama chronicles? I don't want to be too presumptuous, but if it's looking like the writer won't be back for a while, maybe it's a good idea to task others with writing posts for those characters until the writer reappears? Just to move the story along over there?

15. halisme

@MagicPenguin , Khaline took Boring and the other spirits. This prison you about was not mentioned before, and therefore I had no ability to act on it, therefore, you saying that that was the one she went to is controlling my character. She went for the large one and took them.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  16. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

If I.a doesn't answer me soon I'll just take over until he does. In the meantime let's say that nothing significant has happened and that the yammu and the dragons are locked in war for the past fifty years. I'm just waiting for @Erik-the-Enchanter! And @Mr Mr to post and then I'll continue

17. MagicPenguin

I never explicitly said they were all in one place. I said Borin was in Arbiter's Meadow and I said the others were imprisoned, but not all necessarily with him. You never explicitly stated you went to one place either, only that you went to "where they were imprisoned and freed them." You didn't mention Borin at all. Your character still does everything that you wrote that she did and does nothing that you didn't, so I'm not controlling her movements.

I think it was a little strange that, given they were so heavily guarded, you can just gloss over attacking the prison and stealing every single one back with a single line like "she broke in and took them" as if she waltzed in without a care in the world and didn't encounter any kind of resistance. I think, therefore, a second, less heavily guarded prison is a good compromise that gives you some of what you want and me some of what I want and is consistent with everything written to this point.

18. halisme

"With the others affected by Khaline's magic"

That sounds like they are all imprisoned there, as not other area was mentioned. And I am now writing a post with her murdering her way through the guards, before tearing open the vault holding them. This has worked out rather well, she's going to get to work out more of her rage on the Simians.

19. MagicPenguin

Fair enough, although it wasn't the Simians guarding them, it was the spirits in his army. I shall edit my recent post to redact the crater prison, but also to indicate Yurius took Borin and some of the others back afterward. You can have some of them, but I'm not keen on giving all of them up, particularly Borin.

Edit:
    I edited it so that he took Borin back with about half of the others. I wrote "thousands," so you might say there were 100,000 (or something) nature spirits initially held and he took back 50,000 by sneaking in and taking small groups back out several at a time. Would definitely appreciate keeping those. Or at least, if she tries to take them again, a fight between Yurius and her directly since I set it up that he should be able to respond immediately should she try again.

20. gibble410

I havnt read the new posts yet, but anything major I definitely need to do in a couple of posts @Domino355 ?

21. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Nah, I'm just waiting for the next two posts then I'll continue.

22. gibble410

When will I be able to return to Realiti? After or maybe during the disaster thing? I dont need to change back or anything I am just wondering. Also, would you be objected if Realiti (When I can use her next), starts making like minor gods such as Fear, Anger, Love, Hope and such? Like minor-god-dieties?

23. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

No. I don't mind. And as for when, I'll tell you.

gibble410 likes this.
  24. MagicPenguin

I like this. Like how Athena was born because Zeus had a really bad headache.

gibble410 likes this.
  25. MagicPenguin

Domino, you referred several times in your last post to the Emporer of the "Smalltooth" and the "Smalltooth Empire." Did you mean to say "Long Tooth" or am I missing something?