Action Driven Completey

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by MilesTro, Mar 22, 2013.

1. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

That can be a bet.

2. Nee

Nee Member

Ya know...I've heard of these people that go around to discussion boards and post ever-ending topics that turn this way then that, causing confusion and strife; sometimes even fights, just for the fun of irritating whoever they can.

Oh darn, now I can't think of what they are called.

...it has something to do with bridges...

Damn, I just can't seem to remember.

They're really ugly...and smell bad too.

...This is going to keep me up all night.

3. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

One last thing. If some writers agree to this thread and want to write stories that don't give a crap about characters and background information, then that is their choice. Any writer can write whatever they want even if it works or not. But they shouldn't hope to try to sell something that readers can easily avoid buying it.

4. TimHarris

TimHarris Member

I think I read somewhere that they turn to stone when the sunrises up over the horizon.. No wait, that was the other kind..

Ah, got it.. The kind you are talking about turn to solid rock when users stop leaving posts in the thread to feed them :)

Taking MilesTro's post above yours into consideration, I think I will assume he have no further intentions of letting this debate going anywhere.

5. Xatron

Xatron New Member

Contrary to earlier when he had a specific destination in mind?

6. sanco

sanco New Member

Lol, I call troll.

However, if you were being sincere, I get the impression that English may not be your first language. I think you've misunderstood "characterisation" being synonymous with "backstory". Backstory is not the only way to convey a character. A character can be conveyed through habitual actions, speech patterns, the way they walk, move, laugh, dress. Yes, you can have an intriguing and mysterious character like the stoic Driver in "Drive" as someone mentioned. However, you see bits of his character revealed in the way Ryan Gosling portrays him, what actions he takes, the toothpick in his mouth, his scorpion jacket and his relationships with other characters are revealed through the subtext of his dialogue.

7. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

English is my main language, but I understand what you meant.