Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modus

modus New Member

Still looking for explanation of workshop

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by modus, Jul 15, 2012.

Hi, I made a thread a little while back explaining that I wasn't sure why I couldn't post in the workshop. I was told to contact a moderator, but I had already sent Dan a private message. I never received a response from him, and my previous thread was apparently deleted.

All I'd like to know is how my reviews didn't count toward the required amount. That's the only explanation I can think of. I just want to know what I need to do for the reviews to be counted so I don't repeat the same mistakes.

2. Youniquee

Youniquee (◡‿◡✿) Contributor

This happened to me. I made 2 reviews but I still couldn't post. I posted another review, making 3, and it worked.
    So try that.
    Hope this helped.

3. Jamie Senopole

Jamie Senopole Member

Hey guys, I think I read in the intro to newcomers that there is a certain post requirement you need to meet before you can post things yourself. Like a certain amount of comments on other people's work. Here is an exerpt from Banzai:

"However, before we allow members to post their work, they must have met some basic requirments. Firstly, you must have been a member for fourteen days, and have made twenty posts on the forum overall (please note, posts in Word Games do not count towards this). This is so that members, when they post their work, have familiarised themselves with the forums and contributed to them (as well as hopefully learned something for themselves). Secondly, members must provide two constructive reviews of other people's work for each piece of their own that they wish to post. This is because we believe that the focus of workshopping should be equally upon giving reviews as receiving them, as they allow a writer to practice and improve their editing skills, which they can then apply to their own writing."

4. Youniquee

Youniquee (◡‿◡✿) Contributor

...he's made 33 posts and he's been here since March 2012...
    He's also done 2 reviews.
    I don't think that's the problem here.
    Personally, I think the automated system is kinda bugged up :<

5. Aramis

Aramis New Member

It is indeed 'bugged up.' I have the same problem despite sending two emails to the mod (Daniel).[/I]

6. modus

modus New Member

That's OK for a temporary workaround, but the requirements should be more transparent. Sometimes we may have to create 3, or 5, or more to get the system to work right. I'd rather know how to do it right than take a gamble and hope the review counts.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

How hard is it to find the section on the site home page labeled Important Information? Not to mention Banzai posts the information on EVERY intro thread since I stopped doing so last fall.

I really cannot believe we could make it any more obvious unless you were forced to read and sign each of these information posts before being permitted to post at all.

There HAVE been failures in the automatic checks. In that case, members have been repeatedly instructed to contact Daniel, who is the ONLY one who can investigate and fix site software issues.

But most of the time, it is a matter of not having read the supplied information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.