Advice.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PHATIE, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

If you want to talk to me about this, do it in private messages. And I never said it was your responsibility to help her, just suggested more compassionate alernatives that simply dumping her.

2. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

It isnt Phatie's job to 'help' this girl. Like a couple people have said lately, who says this promiscuous friend wants or even needs help? I would suggest that if this girl is asking for help and wants to change her ways (which Phatie has said that she does), it might be in line with Phatie's moral standards to offer this girl outlets such as prominent members within the church; not to judge her a freak and essentially an untouchable. That's not going to help anyone, ever.

What I have a problem with is that Phatie has said she wants to distance herself from this girl in order to save herself. That's what ticks me off. If Phatie feels uncomfortable (which she has revealed recently, negating my first post on this thread), she shouldnt feel obligated to befriend her, because that's not really friendship, is it?

If you dont want to be around the girl, Phatie, then dont be; it's really as simple as that, and you dont need any tips from us on how to do it. I just hope you're doing it because you honestly feel uncomfortable around her, not because all the cool kids hate her.

As for the girl's 'slutty' behavior?
    It's no one's right to judge her for that, and it's making me very angry. It doesnt mean she's unstable, it doesnt mean she's from an abusive home, it doesnt mean she's been traumatized or is mentally disturbed. I know plenty of fourteen year old girls and boys (and many much younger) who are perfectly fine.
    A number of fourteen-year-old girls have the physical and emotional potential to experience these things, just like an eighteen-year-old girl. All the same, it's not uncommon for some eighteen-year-old girls to react like a fourteen-year-old might during a sexual relation. It's maturity, not age. Not to mention that the girl is in high school for god's sake; it's a freaking marriage market anyway!

While Hollywood probably has an effect on her reasoning, we should also keep in mind that children are developing secondary sex characteristics earlier and earlier, hormones are being released younger and younger. Do you really think, "moral" or not, that they're not going to attempt to have experiences?

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Several people have expressed concerns over this thread. At this point, I think all the viewpoints have been adequately represented, so I am closing the thread before the increasing fervor leads anyone to post something regrettable/hurtful.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.