Aeverlest: Legend of the Crystal Flames

Discussion in 'Archive' started by DustinTheWind, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 New Member

Alaz followed the imp north, to the Pyami Dehims. He knew what and where they were and, if he was alone, could get there by noon. But he wasn't alone, so he had to take the road. He noticed that most of the others had brought mounts, though he paid this no heed. He could keep up as long as they didn't go faster then a gallop.

2. edens garden

edens garden New Member

Thanks for the mount. I'm Neil, pleased to meet you, he said as he settled into Honors saddle, smiling. Grinning in return Juniper eased Silver forward following their companions. Just as they caught up with the rest of the party the tall emerald eyed man turned his mount, falling into step with them.

"Madame, I am quite sure your guardians will have nothing to worry about. As you can see, not everyone here is 'rabble'. Trucido Velox Aurum Neco Aer Furtim at your service Madam." Juniper nodded graciously, taking in his sleek golden hair and angular features.
    "Lady Juniper Aster Travaren, my lord," she responded politely. "Do not listen over much to what Sir Rhys has to say. I would not be here if my father had not sent me. Sometimes I think father pays him just to worry when my mother is not around to do so," she confided, laughing. They rode together in amicable silence for a few moments.

"What I truly want to know is what Lord mon Ich and King Danyu intend to do with the flames once they are found." She wondered aloud, looking to her companions.

3. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Travaren... The name struck a chord in Trucido's memory. Hadn't his family done business with their family? Yeah, they were esteemed for their rare fire wine. No... that wasn't right... Stone wine? Nope... Trucido couldn't seem to remember from his families records so he opted to stay quiet on the topic.

"What I truly want to know is what Lord mon Ich and King Danyu intend to do with the flames once they are found."

"Does it truly matter what they're intent is? As long as I receive my due I will happy. I have worked with both Lord mon Ich and King Danyu and neither have ever shown any ill intentions." Trucido replied. Of course, Trucido considered assassinations to be nothing more than business. So what Trucido considered "ill intentions" was something that could be debated.

4. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

"I am quite sure your guardians will have nothing to worry about. As you can see, not everyone here is 'rabble'. Trucido Velox Aurum Neco Aer Furtim at your service Madam." The blond man said, having approached them while Neil wasn't paying attention.

The man had an awfully long name, didn't he? Neil asked himself, drifting off in a mental tangent, shutting out the conversation the two were starting. Wouldn't most people simply remember the first or sixth name? What was the point of having more than four names? The man was obviously a noble, going by the expensive clothes and long name. He thought about asking him where he was from, but he found that knowing it would be utterly irrelevant, especially in a quest of this magnitude.

"Does it truly matter what they're intent is? As long as I receive my due I will happy. I have worked with both Lord mon Ich and King Danyu and neither have ever shown any ill intentions."

This snapped Neil back into reality. "Sure it matters. For all we know the could be planning to kill us when we finish their fetch quest. That would be very inconvenient, don't you think?"

5. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 New Member

Name: Spickla Klukululk
    Sex: Male
    Height: about 1 1/2' high and 7' long

Appearance: Sand horror. Long, centipede like body with a plate mouth similar to prehistoric bony fish and a pincer one both side of the mouth. Has many legs on the sides of his body which he uses to swim through sand and walk on land, one pair of legs per segment. He was named the Scorpion-Clan word for "Spinach Omelet" after a prophet told Alaz to name him such.

Background: One of the six offspring of Jikumka and Kymul, Spickla was appointed to Alaz at the age of 9. He has since been a loyal, if wily, companion.

Personality: Like all sand horrors, Spickla is cunning, fickle, and free-spirited. Unlike most others, however, Spickla is very loyal to his master.

Name: Kov Tok
    Sex: Female
    Height: about 1 1/2' high and 7' long, slightly smaller then Spickla

Appearance: Sand horror. She was named the Scorpion-Clan word for "Meat Toast" after a prophet told Alaz to name her such.

Background: One of the six offspring of Jikumka and Kymul, Kov was appointed to Alaz at the age of 8. She has since been a massive annoyance to her master and often openly defies him.

Personality: Mischievous, disloyal, and free-spirited, Kov openly defied Alaz and anyone else she can and often gets into lots of trouble. Often picks fights with her brother, Spickla.

6. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Sure it matters. For all we know the could be planning to kill us when we finish their fetch quest. That would be very inconvenient, don't you think?"

"My, my. You must be new to nobleness. Fresh blood." Trucido said with a grin. Of course, Trucido never grinned or smiled very well. It always looked... Malicious.

"Lord Mon Ich and the King would only kill us if they felt that we were a threat. So, if we disagreed with their plans and were going to fight them over it, then they might kill us. Of course, should we have no qualms with their plans and our reward not be too hideously outrageous, they'll probably honor us. That is the way of nobles and royalty. Reward your allies and destroy your enemies. Of course, if we feel that we will be killed, there is a simple solution."

Trucdio widened his grin at this point, truly a frightening sight. "We just kill them first."

7. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

"So what do you make of that girl she seems a bit out of place here don't you think?"

"She will probably be the first to go. Mon Ich is usually very strategic, I can't imagine why he would let her tag along," Rainin had no passion but for risk and danger, he cared little about what happened to the others. He looked ahead to where the only two figures on foot were making a rapid pace.

"Our guide-monkey seems to be getting ahead, lets keep up."

Spurring his faithful horse on, Rainin moved in closer to the first of the two ahead of the group. As he approached the heavily robed figure, the horse slowed to a careful trot, and sniffed the air with its ears laid back.

Rainin eyed the man coldly as he encouraged his wary steed onward. He was certainly an odd fellow, and a sense of danger loomed about him. Odd too was how the unfamiliar pair of tracks that Rainin had noticed accompanying the group disappeared once he left the stranger behind.

"Thydore!" called Rainin, shifting his focus ahead, "What can you tell us of this L'lyagi whom we seek?"

8. mobious109

mobious109 New Member

"She will probably be the first to go. Mon Ich is usually very strategic, I can't imagine why he would let her tag along."

Zeb meditated on that for a moment wondering if Rainin really believed that she would go first. He hoped none would go at all, but what can a man do against the power of death?

"Our guide-monkey seems to be getting ahead, lets keep up."

Rainin trotted up ahead towards the guide. Rainin eyed the strange man walking ahead for a moment before he rode on ahead further after thydore.

Zeb pulled his horse back a bit in order to fall in with the royal court that had amassed at the back of the group. "Seems as though we have some bonds to forge" he said quietly to himself as the trailing bunch caught up with him.

9. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

"Thydore! What can you tell us of this L'lyagi whom we seek?"

"He is old. He much old. He much..." Thydore dropped his voice, "...crazy."

"He search for great fire. He search times. Great time, long time. No find. No find. Not nowhere. He grow crazy. He grow...how is say? Paranoid. He am hide in ruin. He am study map. Many map. Old map. Try to find, no can find.

"He attack Thydore. He throw fire. I am singe. He hack sword. I am pain. I not like L'lyagi. I not like. I not like. I have fear. Tgiwiliw."

```````````````````

The rest of the day passed fairly uneventfully, aside from trekking and conversation. As night began to fall, the forest around the path began to clear and, through the remaining foliage, a great silhouette could be seen ahead. Thydore stopped and pointed, making little hops as he did so.

"There it am! There it am! Pyami Dehim! Pyami! There is!" He lowered his finger, pointing now to a cluster of lights at the mountain's base. "There Tekka! There we stay! There we sleep! Tgiwililw!"

```````````````````

The land around the town spoke strongly of agriculture. You see many shepherds herding in their folds for the night, other farmers doing the same with their cows and goats. Crops of all sorts fill the fields: corn, cotton, wheat. Soft candlelight glowed from numerous wooden abodes.

Around the village lay a great stone wall. Once, it's massive gateway must have held an equally massive door. Now, only rotten splinters remained. Beside the door a massive etching in the stone, worn with time, covered in moss, called out the name of the town in an ancient tongue.

Kruenunaut Tekkaon Vigaga
    Peaid mon nu Pyami Dehim
    Luwet mon nu Wetapyami Arruga
    Kreninauin puugor let

Inside the walls, things were much different. The town was old. Even in the waning light, it was clear to the most untrained of eyes. The once proud buildings, lovingly crafted from ancient stone, lay crumbling and disused, many of them abandoned; a forlorn shade of what must have been a bustling town. Every here and there candlelight betrays a still-occupied dwelling, it's living aurora a harsh contrast to the dead city.

10. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 New Member

Kruenunaut Tekkaon Vigaga
    Peaid mon nu Pyami Dehim
    Luwet mon nu Wetapyami Arruga
    Kreninauin puugor let

The old human tongue... Alaz thought. I never realized just how old this place was.
    Alaz could only understand broken pieces of the text, though from what he could glean it seemed to be a welcome sign.

The town within bespoke of its age in crumbling walls and architecture much more elegant then the ramshackle hovels the humans called cities nowadays. Its streets were dark and barren, only the occasional flickering window and shadowy figure provided any sign of life at all. Alaz spotted a glowing inn on the side of the road and slipped in without announcing his leave.

Within the tavern was almost as empty as the streets, a few dim candles flickering over the even fewer patrons. As he walked up to the bar he scanned the faces quickly. Hidden in a shadowy corner was a black-robed figure clutching a half-full mug. Alaz walked to this figure and sat before him.

"Do you have news?" Alaz asked in his native tongue.
    "Depends on who I talk to." The figure replied likewise.
    "Alzidden"
    "It is not I who should have the news, but you."
    Alaz hesitated a moment. "I have been accepted for the task and am going to Pyrami Dehim to speak with L'lyagi, who may know the greatflame's new location."
    "Is that all?"
    Alaz nodded.
    The stranger hesitated a moment. "I would have expected more from someone on such an important mission."
    "It has only been a day."
    The figure went silent and brought the mug up to his mouth. When after a minute he said nothing, Alaz assumed he was done and got up to leave. "Tuck your tail in more." The stranger said as he did so, "it looks like you're a hunchback." Alaz left without comment.

11. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Name: Scarlatinitia (Scarlet) Aestus Incendia Exuro Aduro Ignis

Sex: Female

Height: Only 5'

Appearance: Scarlet, despite being fairly young and short, is marvelously beautiful. Everything about her is pure scarlet. From her hair to her rosy scarlet cheeks, to the lining of her shoes, everything is scarlet. In addition to that though, her body is like that of a goddess. Her form is curvaceous, her chest developed, her face cute. Of course, she rarely acknowledges any of these things. She's very innocent that way. She usually wears some sort of fancy dress, always scarlet, and wears her long scarlet hair down.

Background: Scarlet is actually betrothed to Trucido. The marriage was arranged when both Trucido and Scarlet were young children and is not to be consummated until Scarlet is 21. Scarlet and Trucido have known each other since they were small children, even before they were arranged for marriage. They are close childhood friends.

The Ignis family is best known as being the main component of the royal guard of many kings. The family is extremely adept at using the red flame, almost to the point of it being second nature. The family is also what is probably the largest producer of gems, both magical and otherwise. In addition to that they are masters at creating magic circles, which serve to further enhance their spells abilities. Using magic gems and magic circles in addition to their mastery of red magic they serve as powerhouses in battle. Of course, the Ignis family does have a flaw. While they are very adept in the use of magic and magical catalysts, they actually aren't particularly adept at unaided magic. They know how to use it to it's full extent, and the effects of catalysts are tremendous for them, but they just have trouble actually using it without aid. That's why they have put so much work into gems and circles.

After Trucido's family was killed he ran off by himself, leaving scarlet behind with her family on a mountain very nearby to Pyami Dehim. She has seen Trucido occasionally since then, but he has always refused to allow her to travel with him.

Personality: Scarlet is the exact polar opposite of Trucido. Scarlet is a kind and innocent soul. She makes friends well, loves her family, and is kind to everyone. She especially loves Trucido. While she sometimes feels that Trucido doesn't return the affection, she feels that somewhere way deep down, he really does love her back. She also knows that Trucido is an Alfar, but she doesn't really care. In fact, she thinks the pointy ears are sorta hot.

Weapons/Armor: Her dresses are normally inlaid with magical gems that help to improve her powers and have fire proofing enchantments. She also wears a pair of heavily jeweled slippers that she uses for what she calls "Fire Skating"

Elemental school: Red Fire

Socioeconomic status: High Nobility.

(I'll give her her first post later)

12. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

Name:Aaliyah (often shortened Aali) Kimya Mendescoz

Sex: Famale

Height: 4'9

Appearance:Aali is a very petite girl with a very quiet beauty about her. She has shoulder length dark red-brown hair and a fair complextion. Her body is very thin with small, but noticeble curves, and very well muscled beneath her clothes. Her eyes are a brilliant clear blue flecked with gold.

Background: Born into a very noble family, she lived in comfort and luxury for the first 10 years of her life. However, when she was nearing her 11th birthday her family fell out of favor and lost everything, leaving them penniless. Having grown up as nobility, neither her parents or siblings adapted well to poverty. Aali herself adjusted quite well because she had always been a simple, spirited girl who much prefered the outdoors to stuffy court life. She was the youngest of five children, all of which were boys except her. Her father didn't value women at all and neglected her for her entire life or mocked her. Finally having become fed up with her life, she ran away at age 15. She then spent the last 7 years of her life becoming a master swordsman in order to prover her worth to her family

Personality:Aali is a very quiet, very mild girl. She is intelligent and has an uncanny knowledge of what is going on around her. She is very friendly and very loyal, and constantly underestimated.

Weapons/Armor: No armor because she found it hindered her speed and agility, just regular boy's clothes. She carries virtually no weapons save for her sword and one small knife in her boot, just in case.

Elemental school: does not use magic

Socioeconomic status: Nobility, but reduced to a peasent

*because I have no time i will post her first post tomorrow :)

13. losthawken

Tekka, he had seen the tiny barren city from afar on many a night in his youth. Rainin looked to the east, where the remains of his birth village of Colt'ar lay just a day and a half's journey from where he stood. He had not been this close to home in many years.

Rainin dropped to the back of the group. The nobles had maintained their incessant idle chatter about who might kill who and for what motive, and how much they might each be paid for their services. Zeb had tried to make small talk another time or two on the long trip, but Rainin's mood had steadily deteriorated.

Many things about this job bothered him. He was beginning to have second thoughts about joining. He didn't like having a woman on the team. Rainin hadn't bothered with women since he had left home, being to occupied with his own bitterness and loss. Now he found being kept in such close quarters made him... uncomfortable.

The foreboding description of L'lyagi, was also persistently on his mind. Most of his prior missions had involved bounties on minor criminals or at most rebel band leaders. He had seen a some advanced magic in the militia but never encountered a wizard such as what was promised ahead.

And then there was the southerner. He had not spoken the entire trek, and had amazingly kept pace on foot with seemingly no effort. The reclusiveness of the hooded figure exacerbated Rainin's already distrustful nature.

Where was that strange fellow anyway?

14. mobious109

mobious109 New Member

As Zeb rode through the streets of this old city he could not shake the feeling that this was all too familiar, but then again what doesn't start to repeat itself after nearly half a century of life?

The inscription at the gate was written in an ancient tongue only a little of which Zeb could read but no more than the name, Tekka, and something about a greatflame, other than that he knew nothing, and knowing nothing did not make Zeb at ease.

He did however recall something he once read going something like this:"It is in the dark unknown that true bonds of strength are formed." Perhaps this place of ill boding did have it's silver lining. Zeb did not however fool himself into thinking that there would not need to be sacrifice and suffering, and soon. . .

15. losthawken

The wind began to blow gently through the wasted city. Rainin felt its chill as the cold night took hold. Something in that wind beckoned him eastward.

'Perhaps its time,' Rainin thought. He pulled his horse away and began to make his way back toward the city. 'If I push hard I can make it by noon tomorrow. This fools errand could go on forever so I should be able to catch up with the others again soon.'

On his way back he couldn't help but notice a man in black robes leaving a pub near the city gate. At first he thought it was the Southerner, but then, he wasn't sure. It didn't matter anyway. Once outside the gate Rainin's painted horse broke into a full gallop and carrying him toward the memories he had buried so long ago.

16. yellowm&M

The wind was cold against her face in the gathering darkness. Aaliyah urged her horse forward, galloping swiftly towards the old city of Tekka. She had to catch up to the group before nightfall. When she had heard mon Ich, a man her father had formerly done bussiness with, she hadn't believed her ears. The journey he was suggesting was far to desirable to be real. But the meeting he had called had been real and she had wanted nothing more than to join up. When she tried to step up with the group that was joining the quest, she was stopped by a huge man with a heavy sword. He tried to force her out, just like her father, he didn't believe in the worth of a woman. Instead of leaving however, she hid next to the entrance of the chamber and listened to what they said, hearing every detail, her heart bursting with eagerness; she would go and no one would stop her.

Soon the small meeting had ajounred, and the group had all left; leaving her hiding place she snuck into the chamber and stole a one of the small silver pendants that she had heard mon Ich giving out, from the small ouch hanging on the wall. She had then sprinted to her horse and followed the band.

Now, in the gathering darkness she could hear nothing but the wind and the occasional russel, but she new she was close. Pushing her dark hair out her her eyes, Aaliyah urged her horse even faster. Suddenly she heard the faint sounds of talking and horse moving.

"Woah, Jensen" she whispered to her horse, pulling her to a stop. The voices were definately close. Slowly and silently she followed them until she could glimpse the backs of their cloaks. She did not want to suprise them tonight, she had decided to follow them, and meet them in the morning. Quietly she followed in their wake, until a branch broke beneath Jensen's hoof with the a mighty crack in the night air. She froze, staring ahead, hoping no one had heard.

17. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Crack!

Almost out of pure instinct, Trucido lept from the side of his horse towards the source of the sound. With a crackle of green flame Trucido virtually became one with the wind, vanishing from sight, becoming as quiet as a summer breeze, and as swift as a hurricane. Within moments he was upon the intruder.

Like a silent wraith he appeared on the horse behind the intruder, a blade at their neck and a hand on their sword.

"Explain yourself, now. Who are you and why are you following us. Unless you'd rather die an early death that is." Whoever this person was, they followed the wrong group. Trucido glanced at the quickly falling sun, this person came at a bad time too.

"I could arrange that quite easily. Now hurry up, I don't have time for the likes of you."

18. yellowm&M

"Explain yourself, now. Who are you and why are you following us. Unless you'd rather die an early death that is." Seemingly carried by the wind itself a man suddenly apearred on her horse, holding a blade to her throat and demanding an explaination.

"I could arrange that quite easily. Now hurry up, I don't have time for the likes of you." She let out a small sigh, she really hated people who were demanding. With a shockingly quick movement she had pulled the dagger from her boot and pressed it against the stomach of the man behind her.

"I suggest you let me go first."

19. mobious109

mobious109 New Member

"What's all the noise here?" Zeb called approaching cautiously the two adversaries with daggers drawn ready to kill one another.

Eying Trucido he said, "I suggest you let the young lady be." Zeb kept his distance if these two decided to go at it he did not want to get caught in the middle of it

20. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Madame, with a dagger at your throat you are in no position to make demands. Whether you would manage to stab me or not, I would be alive and you would still be dead. A sliced stomach is not fatal, a slit throat is. But, luckily for you, it seems that my... acquaintances would rather that your head remain attached for the time being."

Trucido was annoyed that the others had interfered. If needed he could have slit the girls throat before she could even contemplate stabbing him. He could have shocked her and had her explain herself later. But it seemed that the rest of the group wasn't open to either idea.

Trucido slowly removed his dagger from the girls throat and jumped off the horse. Keeping his dagger in hand and gripping three hidden throwing knives, he repeated his earlier question.

"So, who are you, why are you following us, and what are your intentions?"

21. yellowm&M

"Madame, with a dagger at your throat you are in no position to make demands. Whether you would manage to stab me or not, I would be alive and you would still be dead. A sliced stomach is not fatal, a slit throat is. But, luckily for you, it seems that my... acquaintances would rather that your head remain attached for the time being."

Aali let out an irritated sigh. Another man who had absolutely not idea what she was capable of. Dagger to the throat or not, she definately had the ability to kill him right then and there.

"So, who are you, why are you following us, and what are your intentions?"

"My name is Aaliyah Kimya Mendescoz. I was attempting to catch up to you which is why I was following you. As for my intentions, I want to join your little journey."

22. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"It would be best for you to explain how you even know about or little journey without being at our little meeting. I will not tolerate spies. Although," Trucido glanced up at the sky, the sun was nearly fully set, and the moon was starting to rise, "I will leave it to the rest of our group to decide your fate. I have other pressing matters to attend to."

With that Trucido turned on the spot and vanished with a crackle. Aurum followed his sent into the town where Trucido un-vanished and entrusted him to the local tavern's stable boy. After that Trucido vanished once more and slipped out of town, silent as a wraith.

23. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

"I will leave it to the rest of our group to decide your fate. I have other pressing matters to attend to." Neil watched the exchange, unamused at the utter lack of common sense the man displayed. If there is something to be learned in the alleys of the most crime ridden cities, it was that one does not jump at the attacker. It doesn't work that way. One waits.

That being said, Neil also thought that changing your mind a couple of words into the confrontation and then disappearing was absolutely distasteful. The party and the woman looked at each other, distrustful for a second, but Neil was the first to make his move. He grabbed his bow and arrow in one hand, and he tensed up the bow, but not to the point where it would break bones.

The arrow flew past by the relatively short distance across them, hitting the tree besides her. "That was a warning shot!" Neil yelled. "Even if what you said was true, what makes you think you can just talk your way into the party? We're not hiring."

24. yellowm&M

"It would be best for you to explain how you even know about or little journey without being at our little meeting. I will not tolerate spies. Although," Trucido glanced up at the sky, the sun was nearly fully set, and the moon was starting to rise, "I will leave it to the rest of our group to decide your fate. I have other pressing matters to attend to."

Before she had a chance to answer, he had vanished into thin air with a crackle. Seconds later an arrow whizzed past her head, missing it by inches. Instinctively her head whipped around toward the man who had fired it.

"Even if what you said was true, what makes you think you can just talk your way into the party? We're not hiring." She glared at him then jumped off her horse and walked towards him, placing her sword threateningly against his chest.

"What makes me think that? Two reasons, I know way more about your little mission than you want me to know; and you're going to find it mightly hard to keep me from joining."

25. mobious109

mobious109 New Member

"What makes me think that? Two reasons, I know way more about your little mission than you want me to know; and you're going to find it mightly hard to keep me from joining."

Zeb sat on his horse thinking about that statement. How much did this stranger know? It may be wiser to keep her nearby so as to keep a watch on her, but he didn't like to have somebody around so quick to draw blades and have at it.

"You might be able to come along with us if you promise to save that blade for the real enemies, and it's not just me you will have to convince," nodding his head towards Niel.

Zeb may have just doomed this mission to fail, but he couldn't help but feel that this stranger was more dangerous out of sight that they were where he could keep an eye on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.