1. TheSmiler

TheSmiler Member

After some books for research

Discussion in 'Research' started by TheSmiler, May 23, 2014.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, however it is research for my books/interesting websites just recommendations that I'm after really.

Basically I'm new to writing so I'm after some similar books to the ones I'm planning on writing. As the books that I own and write are not really in the same category. Anyway the book types I'm after;

Girl going through high school (interesting events that happen would be great).

This is just going to be a short introduction story, to one of my major series (potentially).

Post Apocalyptic books; needs emphasis on describing surroundings etc.
    After like a Fallout 3/New Vegas setting if you have played any of them games.

Book similar to the film Crazies.
    This is just for a book about a town getting infected/people surviving.

I will be purchasing the ones that sound like they are on the money, so if any of you have done one of these books and they are on Amazon I'll be grabbing it.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. !ndigo

!ndigo Member

Stargirl: Homeschool girl goes to public highschool, culture shock mixed with romance ensues

Maze runner trilogy book 2, Scorch trials: After escaping their prison the group of teens has to make their way across a ruined planet before they too are infected with the deadly virus

Life as we knew it: an asteroid hits the moon knocking it closer to the earth and the planet is thrown into chaos

Gone: After a nuclear accident in California only children younger than 15 survive and have to fend for themselves in a world where animals and humans alike are developing strange and deadly powers

Ashfall: After a super volcano erupts a boy must make his way out of the deadly ash covered world and try to find civilization. Along the way he encounters others who's vicious and self serving natures have been brought out by the disaster

Kill Order: This is the stand alone prequel to the maze runner trilogy. Government tries to control the population through disease, instead creates a deadly virus that turns people into violent lunatics, two slowly dying teens must battle the odds to save a young immune girl from death at the hands of their fellow infected

Forest of Hands and Teeth: One of the last surviving strongholds against the zombies is finally invaded and only a handful make it out alive

If none of these sound like what you are looking for I'd recommend checking out the genre tags on Goodreads
    Zombies: http://www.goodreads.com/genres/zombies
    Apocalyptic: http://www.goodreads.com/genres/apocalyptic

TheSmiler and GingerCoffee like this.
  3. TheSmiler

TheSmiler Member

@Indigo Thank you for the reply, the books you have listed are exactly the sort that I'm after.