1. kapawayna

kapawayna New Member

Hi everybody

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kapawayna, Oct 4, 2011.

Hi everybody i'm Dr Nick Riv er hold on that's already been written on a certain cartoon show.

Well I'm Wayne. I've not really written anything since i was at school (yes that long ago). I do tend to read as often i i can but just lately been having a few ideas of stories of my own. The only problem is i have no idea where to start on everything to do with it. From moving the plot along to character development, even to hooking people in to the little world i created. I have looked at some of the writing courses on-line but just can't afford the extortionate prices they charge. So looking around the web i stumbled across this site and straight away thought why not, if I'm going to go it alone then why not go it alone with some others if that makes any sort of sense. Before i do start to put fingers to keyboard not pen to paper any more i thought i would have a read what others have done and mistakes that have been made, so hopefully i don't go down that path myself. Of course i will though.

Looking forward to chatting to you all and maybe making some new friends on the way. Catch you all on the forum.

Wayne

2. Mad Klown

Mad Klown New Member

Welcome and enjoy your time here.

v/Respectfully,
    Keven

3. Sarah G

Sarah G New Member

Welcome:D

4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

5. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Welcome!!

6. Kash

Kash New Member

Hi Wayne,

The only way you get better at writing is with practice, and attention. I'd also recommend you read some texts for writers. There's Keys for Writers, and Writing Down the Bones ... and a million others. In addition if you've ever read Dan Simmons, he's got a great blog where he's put down some of what he'd like to share with writers learning their craft.

K.

7. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Hey
    I did the exact same as you have - this site is really useful.
    :)
    Critiquing others helps you refine your skill and you get to write pieces that you've never tried before
    Good Luck