1. Edward

Edward Active Member

Ahoy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Edward, Jul 13, 2007.

I've actually been here for five days, but I figure I might as well introduce myself anyway.

I'm Edward, you can call me Ed if you really want. I like writing, though I've never actually ever finished anything. That's why I gave myself a task I wont feel bad about not finishing: Writing an encyclopedia on a fictional world. I still feel bad though... I'm also working on writing a horror story (I'm only on chapter two, but I've drawn a map the entire town and planned the main character's route) about a ghost town, but I still have a ways to go and a lot of tweaking to do.

Also, if you haven't figured out, I don't make short posts. I spend an average of ten minutes at a time on them...

I'm also a little awkward, never sure if I'm doing the right thing or if I just completely screwed everything up and stick out like a sore thumb. I mean, sticking out's good, but only if it's like a flower and not a thumb...

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Hi Edward, welcome to the forums! If you need any help with anything, please feel free to ask.

3. Edward

Edward Active Member

how do you change a link to say something other then the actual address? (I'm sure I know this, is just escapes me though, something with "href" or whatever? or is that an image?)

4. Bick

Bick New Member

Hey :D Nice to meet you love -shakes your hand-

5. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

hey there, welcome to the site, have fun
    au revoir monsieur

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hi Edward pleased to make your apuaintance. I do hope you have been having a wonderful time here among all of us.
    You have probably had a descent view of the forum by now and know what it has to offer.
    I do hope that you post up some of your horror story, I am right into horror. If it has gore and violence then it has my interest :D:D

Also to make the link go the way you want you simply click on the link button in the reply post and edit the second part of the link. If you need more of a description pm me and I will run through it with you if you haven't figured it out already.

Well I look forward to seeing you around the board a lot more in the near future and reviewing some o fyour work.

Well see you round the board I guess. Any questions feel free to pm any member and we will all be more than happy to help out where we can.

Torana

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Edward, and welcome to the Writing Forums.

I see everyone else has already covered everything, so I'll just say I'm pleased to meet you, make yourself at home, and have fun!

8. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Hi Edward - sorry I'm no tech whizz and hence can't help you out with the links question but anything else you'd like to know, feel free to let me / us know. See you around (as I'm sure I have already anyway!)

9. Edward

Edward Active Member

I actually have it posted in the novel section of the review room... no one's really read it though... :(
    I actually mean, how do I get it so that a link says something instead of the address, like how your signature says "poetry discussion" but leads somewhere else

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hi Edward.

The second part of the link that Torana is referring to is highlighted (selected) when the link button dialog is closed. That selected part is what will be displayed for the link, and is initially the same as the first part, the actual address.

If you type immdeiately while the second part is selected, what you type will replace that second part, and that will be the displayed text for the link.

Does that answer your question?

11. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome.

~Raven.