Tags:
  1. Raven

Raven Banned

Blast neighbour 'feared for life'

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, May 8, 2008.

A neighbour has described the moment a blast ripped through three cottages in northwest London, killing one man and injuring two others.

Around 30 people have been made homeless by the blast in Stanley Road, South Harrow, which destroyed two cottages and badly damaged another.

Paul Redmond, who has lived in the street for ten years, said: "I was terrified, I feared for my life. I was just putting the kids to bed. I've never heard a bang like it. I did not know what it was, the kids came running in to me screaming."

When the courier company manager came downstairs he discovered his front door had been blown off.

More than 30 firefighters were called to the scene. Three people were treated by paramedics after being rescued. Two were taken to hospital, but the third was pronounced dead at the scene.

A 26-year-old man suffering from serious head injuries was taken to Northwick Park hospital in northwest London while a 17-year-old woman with severe burns was taken to Chelsea and Westminster hospital.

2. lessa

lessa New Member

Not being from a place where bombs have gone off ever.
    To me it sounds like a gas line explosion.
    Toronto gets them rather too frequently.
    It is sad that so many were hurt by it. Not only physically but emotionally.
    Lots of nightmares in the future.