All of the publishing mediums and sites?

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by A.P. Kadmus, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

What did it say before you edited it?

2. BayView

I thought about it, but... easier to just ignore. And I can't remember the exact wording.

3. A.P. Kadmus

A.P. Kadmus New Member

You shouldn't criticize other people's work (whether it's construction, writing, publishing (what you did), telemarketing etc.) or their English (Chicken). Or ask why they're asking questions and passively aggressively mock someone for getting a refresher. I said you've more at stake than me on here (invested in your name and this site) so be careful tossing rocks because we all live in glass houses. I've been nice not saying anything about it.

4. BayView

Not word for word, but... yeah, I remember the part about me having more at stake... and it was somehow tied in to you having poked around or done some research or something.

But I'm not clear on the part where you're being nice by not saying anything about... what?

ETA: And just for clarity - I would never mock someone for asking questions. My first response to this thread was completely free of mockery, right? It was when you claimed on another thread to be a publisher that you opened yourself up to ridicule - why on earth would someone who's a publisher not know this incredibly basic stuff about the industry?

There's nothing wrong with not knowing stuff. There's something wrong with not knowing stuff on one thread while presenting oneself as an industry insider on another thread.

5. A.P. Kadmus

A.P. Kadmus New Member

Asking for someone else's knowledge on a subject doesn't mean the person asking is ignorant on the subject. Smart people do it all the time because they want to see if they missed anything out of the ordinary. I just found a site called Leanpub and wanted to see if there was anything else obscure like it or on the rise since I last put my pub hat on. I was asking specifically for sites for uploading to so I can bookmark them for later (and guess I should've said KDP and Nookpress instead in my OP, tho didn't think it would blow up into a big deal). The only things here I didn't know about already are Pronoun and Page Foundry.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  6. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Please get back on topic - none of this discussion has anything to do with listing other platforms on which one can self-publish their book.

If there were threats made, please report the posts so us mods can deal with the member appropriately, but tossing accusations back and forth does no one any good. If there's evidence of any trolling, please report the post. But we cannot act based on random accusations thrown around without the post(s) as evidence, and this thread has gone from potentially very useful to simply hostile.

The thread will be temporarily closed. It will be reopened in a few days once everyone's had a breather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.