1. smebro

smebro New Member

Kiwilander trying to stand out

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by smebro, Sep 8, 2006.

HI everyone, My name is Jase and I hail from the simplistic land of New Zealand. I’m 19 and I work as an appointment setter(cough telemarketer cough) I’m in my first year out of the constricting format of boarding school and the new free time has allowed me to finally take writing seriously. I did however spend the first part of the year in my flat enjoying government paid ‘free time’ before I finally found the structure that work provides and started spending three hours after work at my laptop(Usually till about three in the morning)typing away.
    I see a lot of young writers like myself have been massively inspired by Stephen King, perhaps in the next ten years we will have an influx of people who write with the inspired scope and perception that he does, publishing work that could be remarkable or copycatish. Whatever the case I am a dedicated Stephen king fan who still has about 6 more to read before I’ve read all his books published so far. Currently enjoying ‘Danse Macabre’ But I think after this its time to get familiar with Lovecraft and the other big cats of the genre I hope to achieve in.
    I’m approaching writing as a hobby(With some inspired thanks to ‘the write to write’). My book (which I dare not name or speak of for fear of ruining the dream) grew out of the failed first 3 chapters of a less inspired idea. I love it and I hate it, sometimes I’m oozing with pride and others I’m deep in wonder at a small flaw or suddenly revealed plot hole. But the adventure of it all is what keeps me going. I’m approaching the end of the first act and getting into the faster swing of the second. Anticipation and the heavy weight of things yet to type…
    Anyways, I get inspired by reading all your guys posts, and what better way to procrastinate then writing about the writing I should be doing?

2. Verto

Verto New Member

Welcome to the forums, you seem a very enthusiastic writer, welcome!

3. nightscare

nightscare New Member

Welcome to the forums! You seem like a keen writer.

I,too am I massive stephen king fan although I haven't been for long which means I have only read about 15 or 16 books of his. I am currently reading Bag of bones which is quite good. My favourite book by stephen king is probably IT or the stand. I don't think I could choose.

I am looking foreward to reading your story if you submit it of course.

4. lioness1612

lioness1612 New Member

Welcome!

Just your introduction of yourself was interesting! I am looking forward to reading some of your work. I am also just starting to write agian after many years of sitting idle. Again, Welcome! Lisa V.

5. smebro

smebro New Member

Thanks for your encouragement.
    I am keen, but isn't it keeping the keenness on track? Sometimes it feels like I’ve worked wonders with words, others I'm full of doubt about what I’ve done. Trial and error and yes I certainly will put the odd snippet of it out to be combed through one day. 44,000 words and counting. Tonight I must admit I have managed only to re-write two poor paragraphs I sneezed out two nights ago, after this thank you I should swear to myself that I will do at least 1,000 words before 2.30 AM(1.23 now). I’m not sure if ill make it but its worth a go.