1. scribbledhopes

scribbledhopes New Member

alternate html editor for Forum post editing long short stories

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by scribbledhopes, Nov 1, 2012.

Hi Everyone,
    Has anyone figured out a way to edit short stories in another program and paste them back into this forum with the proper HTML tags visible? I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Every time I try, I lose all the formating from word, Openoffice or Scrivener.

Not looking for a product in general, because I am not trying to promote anything and break any rules. I just need to know if there is a way, maybe with one of these programs, or even if there is another floating out there. I have googled the tar out of this.

What I am looking for is something like the online editor but full screen with just the format bar at the top for bold, Italics, Strikethrough, font color .. ect....

I have started using a line by line method of editing and am finding the small edit window a bit cramped. I would also like a way to save a draft. Sometimes an edit can take over and hour. I want to give a quality and constructive reply, this could help.

Right now I drag the window larger with the small arrow on the bottom but I have lost many replies because of a slight miss on a key. If the editor can save a daft or go full screen, well then that would be perfect, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I did try writing them in word and then pasting them back and then applying the coding. It is Possible, but becomes sloppy. I also know the coding to some extent but distracts me from what I am trying to say as I write the HTML code to make it bold and in green on both ends of the selection. Ouch..

thoughts.. Dave..

2. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Dave, I would suggest trying out UBBEditor. It's free, open-source and you can SEE the effects, not the code, and then import either the HTML or the UBB code. There is a demo you can use on the site or download the free program.

This may be what you are looking for. ;)

~ J. J.