Alukard RPG

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Alukard, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Alukard

Alukard New Member

Wow, disintegrating a hydra in seconds, this guy is far beyond my expectations. Maybe I won't be much use. Let's see if he has a limit.

Stopping for a second far in the sky, David revealed himself, he began to punch the air rapidly. After a few seconds the result was shown, the air pressure was being thrown from his punch into the water below. Waves came forth and the many Gaius' began scattering, struggling not to get their hair wet. Not being able to hold himself in the air David started falling.

Come on Gaius, let's see some more fancy tricks.

2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Annoying Immortal...

Cheza shreiked as the hydra's head vaporized under her, but as quickly as it vanished it reappeared under her again; catching her shirt in its jaws to keep her from plunging the several hundred feet into the lake. The other six heads hissed, one of them firing off a jet of water that sent high waves across the lake to keep the two men at bay.

"Gaius! Don't do that again! It's not going to hurt us!" she yelled, squirming as the Hydra lowered its head over the water until she hung several feet above the Immortal, shivering from the power flowing from it into her body, "It's a Dalkyyrn -one of the four spirit dragons!"

3. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Gaius couldn't find David, he was still invisible. "I have faced many hardships in my time, David, Im not some spoiled brat--", Gaius began. And then the water started to churn wildly as air concussions impacted the surface. Gaiuses Clones started sinking one by one into the water and disapearing in flashes of light. His Clones were unstable, and though they were very tenacious, they couldn't stand too much damage or they'd disapear. The real Gaius was given a lift by a copy Gaius and he soared into the air. He looked down on the lake as he hovered and saw the last Clone pop out of existence. Gaius was using Agility, lightening his body so he wouldn't fall immediately, but he was beginning to float back down--

When the Hydra arose once more, with Cheza in his grasp. "Gaius! Don't do that again! It's not going to hurt us!" Gaius was dubious--that last Hydra he had fought was notorious for sinking ships and harrassing seaside city ports. I guess there's a such thing as a good Hydra, he thought. But what the heck was it doing here, messing up their dueling session? Gaius tumbled through the air and landed on solid ground. "I forfeit", Gaius cried. "This"--big, dumb Hydra monster--"uh, water spirit, apparently has something of crucial import to say."

Gaius the Immortal was very respectful of life. He had encountered many potent earth spirits in his time--Devas of the wind, woodland nymphs, all manner of faeries--but usually they didn't just burst out of the blue and stick their heads in your business. Most nature spirits were aloof and didn't care much about the fickle lives of mortal beings. This one, this water Hydra, was apparently of a different breed. Gaius walked closer to Angel and faced the hulking Hydra.

"So, O Might Dragon", Gaius began in a ceremonious tone. "What is it you want with us--or rather, with Cheza? We were kind of in the middle of an activity." This thing better not be trying to harrass Cheza. Gaius would boil the entire lake if it dared to hurt any of them.

4. Keitsumah

I promise i have no intent to harm anyone here Gaius; i am certainly old enough to know that would be a bad decision since i am several thousand years old. The hydra responded, delicatly placing Cheza on the ground. But Cheza is not an ordinary dragon -and even she does not know about it. She was banished for no other reason than for helping an innocent human -which would seem unbeleivable in the circumstances. But I intend to help her get rid of the mask partly. I have sensed the change of the lands and waters. Alukard is rising again, and i wish to give her a chance against him.

The Hydra's head lowered until it locked eyes with Cheza. Hatchling, i give you knowledge. A Pair-Bond is what happens when a dragon meets the one being that can match them in wit and strength. That is why your kind fled to the skies in fear that they would be trapped on earth. That is false in fact; but remember this: if you find out who your true Pair-Bond is, your life and theirs become tied together permanently. If they die, you die, and if they live, you live.

The Hydra dipped its heads in a small bow to them all, and turned to dissapear into the water.

Crack!

Cheza squealed in alarm as the mask cracked suddenly, and when her fingers went up to her face the runes on it glowed, then faded. The spell was on its way to being broken.

5. Alukard

Alukard New Member

Forfeit? Don't give up so easily you chunk.

David went full speed, reaching behind Gaius in half a second, "You may not leave this match until you defeat me.", this time he grabbed Gaius by the legs, but his speed was so quick he had bounced off the trees and over the lake in the time it took Gaius to notice where he was.

"The hydra is just another obstacle, pay no attention, it's purpose is for Cheza not us. Gain complete focus Gaius, until then you will not defeat me, and you will never leave this place."

Displeasure laying across David's face, he threw Gaius down towards the lake from their high position in the air.

Give in and we will never defeat our enemy.

David sent his thoughts out towards Angel and Cheza, You two travel north fifty leagues, there is a cave inside a mountain, Eleria will follow you, your challenges will await.

6. Keitsumah

Cheza nodded, still shocked by the crack in her mask, and started running through the forest to the destination David had in mind.

So that's what a Pair-Bond is...

7. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Gaius was thrown back toward the lake. He was really, really getting tired of this guy. What was the point of all this? Why was he dueling him, and letting the others leave to some mysterious cave? If the point of was to "toughen him up", then David must not have heard Gaius' list of accomplishments. He had battled great evils alongside other Immortals and defeated some of them on his own. His were the people that were sung about in taverns and whispered to children by the fireside. He was an Immortal warrior, clever and steadfast. It was only in the last few years, after most of the Immortals set sail, that he stopped using magic and took to wine because of his crippling depression and boredom. It was high time Gaius proved to David that he was a capable warrior worthy of the fantastic lore that surrounded his kind.

"Im done playing your games, David", Gaius said as he soared. He used Agility and hovered slowly to the lake, skimming to a stop on its surface. He didn't know where David was, because he was still keeping up his invisible trick. Gaius smirked; it was like the time he faced the huge cat called the Sphinx in it's pitch black lair. The Sphinx walked so softly that Gaius didn't know from where it would pounce next. If Gaius could beat the Sphinx, and the Nirwhal and a Ocean Hydra (and countless other great evils), than he was positive he could defeat David. All he had to do was get creative.

"I have focus, vampire friend!", Gaius called out. "I have timeless focus. Do you think I defeated the Sphinx by daydreaming? No, I only stopped our little match to confront that water dragon. You doubt my capabilities, but I will prove you wrong. Now you can have me, completely..." Gaius calmly splayed his fingers and created crackling whips of lightning that stretched into a brilliant web around his body. Now that he was protected, the Immortal cleared his mind and summoned forth his inner power to cast a spell. "In this 'tween time, this single hour/I call upon the sacred power/One Immortal warrior stands alone/Command the Unseen to be shown/In innocence I search the skies/Enchanted be my new found eyes...", Gaius murmured so softly he could barely hear himself. Suddenly his vision shifted and he could see vibrant colors, even in the shadows. There was even a new color that he could not name. The Immortal had to remind himself of his task, and then he looked around for David--and found him nearby.

Gaius let his eyes glide over David, pretending that he did not see him. Without warning, he flung out his hand and his lightning web encapsulate the vampire, trapping him in a electric cage. Gaius kept hold of the lightning so that it could not be stripped away by either the vampire's willpower or any treacherous sorcery. At the same time, Gaius scooped up some lake water and threw it at David. "Now can I leave?", Gaius said. He was beginning to feel tired, casting that spell had taken some of his life force and he was weary of jumping around so much. "Say the word and I will release you and go with the others to that cave you mentioned..."

8. Alukard

Alukard New Member

Cheza and Angel had already walked a good distance before witnessing David being shackled by lightning. He could feel his energy depleting as he struggled to keep consciousness against the intense shock. His shaky voice left his lips,

"Gaius you are powerful, you have conquered many foes, but you have not yet experienced what you need. Until you have met your match, you will forever be arrogant, and you will shatter beneath the power of a foe so immense your mind could not comprehend its limit."

David winced his entire body was numb, but his willpower was very much alive.

If I let him hold this shock until his capabilities have dried, he shall have tasted the first step to realization. Utter defeat.

9. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    "Gaius you are powerful, you have conquered many foes, but you have not yet experienced what you need. Until you have met your match, you will forever be arrogant, and you will shatter beneath the power of a foe so immense your mind could not comprehend its limit."

Gaius could not hold back a bout of laughter. He doubled over with mirth and cradled his hurting sides. He was so consumed by laughter that his concentration wavered and the lightning he conjured fizzled out, David was free. "Oh ho! Now that's where you're wrong!", Gaius chuckled. "I have met many an enemy that I could not defeat. And to this day I have never beat my mother, Branwen, or my sisters, Elvira and Silvari, in a magic duel. Their sorcerous talents are much more adept than mine. And my father, Henric, I could never defeat him in one-on-one combat or in a sword fight. He is a much great warrior than I..." Gaius straightened and met David's eyes. "I know humility, I know how it feels to lose it all...", he whispered in a voice that was almost inaudible. For a moment a shadow crossed his face and his eyes were filled with sorrow. Then he was back to his old self.

"Do not mistake my confidence for arrogance", Gaius said. "I am just aware of my abilities, abilities that I have honed under the tutelage of Immortal masters, such as my parents. But, I thank you for your lesson." He touched David's shoulder to show his sincerity. Gaius did not harbour any ill feelings towards the vampire. "If you don't have anything else to say or do, I would like to join the others...?"

10. Alukard

Alukard New Member

David had been let loose, although he still had a large amount of energy he was wary if Gaius had been taught anything.

"Sure you have never defeated your family members, but that is not the same Gaius. I cannot ignore your impending desire to move on, it would only hinder your true potential. So we shall end this duel here. There is one thing I would like you to imagine though. That is the difference between family and foe. What is the difference?"

He wiped the stern look from his face, I hate being serious but there is a time and place for everything.

They began to head north, Cheza, Angel, and Eleria already quite a ways ahead.

I will laugh if he tries to answer this one right away, like some kid who wants candy, eliminate your desire for immediance Gaius. That is your first flaw.

11. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    "Is that a real question...?", Gaius said, a half smile on his devilishly handsome face. "Well, I could say that my sisters have been my sworn enemies since the dawn of time, haha! But--I can see you want a soul-deep answer from me. I'll say this--family won't kill you, a foe will. I have been bloodied and beaten to a pulp by family in sparring sessions, especially by my father, and none of them could or would have delivered a killing blow."

"But don't you know every battle has its ups and downs?", he continued. "Did you think it was smooth sailing when I battled the Nirwhal in his own waters, or faced the Hydra? No, there have been many moments when I was near death or fully expected to die. By luck or cleverness, or a combination of both, I managed to survive. For some reason you think I haven't faced difficulty...I didn't know I was that masterful", Gaius teased. "So. I guess Im leaving now. What is this cave you described, pray tell? What is waiting there for us?"

12. Alukard

Alukard New Member

Much more experienced then I imagined. How naive was I to think he had not experienced any life threatening battles by age 100...

David smiled with a deceiving happiness, "I like that answer, and there will probably be some creatures in the cave for us to defeat or something."

He chuckled to himself, then began to run, "Let's get some exercise keep up!"

Two gates should be open by now... Five more

13. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Angel: Crippled not Broken

Angel's head came up, her eyes spitting fire as she listened to Gaius prose on. She knew the difference between true confidence and overwhelming arrogance, but she held her tongue. He spoke of slaying creatures that in her world were known as Lores, creatures who were some of the closest things she had to family.

Legions of these once mighty mythical creatures had been annihilated by the Fading. With the Fading came the death of wonder, of innocence and hope. It was a landscape where heroes fell like leaves, where demons, war, and hatred thrived. The songs of the old world had been upon the brink of extinction. But then Seer had fallen from the stars, bringing with her the lush, deep symphonies of her kin, her world.

The land swallowed the songs, hope bloomed anew, and again the world prospered, but the Lores remained hidden...They knew what would befall them if they showed their true faces. Angel's own Tribe numbered among the Lores, who learned how to shift, to hide away the glory of their true faces and hearts. In the few deep, wild places of the world at the heart of the night, they took flight hunting down the terrors of humanity, keeping the balance in check.

What would happen if she lost control, revealed her true face? Would her life be forfeit here, just as it had been at home? Why was she even alive if she was as the Council decreed, an abomination against nature? She hadn't chosen her bloodlines, her heritage. All she had done was exist and somehow, it seemed like she incurred the wrath of the world. Was she truly a monster only a mother could love?

Tears threatened, but she swallowed hard, limping along. By damn, her mother had loved her, truly loved her in the face of the violence that reigned. Every agonizing ache she endured, Angel knew was well worth the price she paid. Her mother had died with love, sheer blind hope, shining in her gentle eyes. She hadn't died broken and alone.

Frail in the eyes of the world, Angel possessed a slender core of strength, tempered and honed through years of neglect and pain. Always weak, awkward and undersized, she struggled through life at odds with her family and her Tribe. She knew she was no warrior, but what she lacked in skills, she possessed in courage. She was always willing to try.

Even the bleak uncertainty ahead was still better than what she had left behind. A small, self deprecating smile played across her eerily perfect face. "Crippled, but not broken..."

14. Keitsumah

"Crippled, but not broken..."

Cheza looked back from where she was perched on a rock as Angel came closer. She had an odd look on her face -as if she was fighting some emotion. Then Cheza remembered that this girl had come from a different world; she had lost all her family and everything she was familliar with.

"It'll be alright." Cheza said weakly, remembering how her own family had abandoned her to the elder's cruel judgement. "I don't like how things went in my life -I was always the favorite child- and yet look at how i ended up. A dragon without wings -its almost pittiable in my mind. My true powers are locked away; but i will push like i always did to overcome obstacles. I might as well have been like you- for i cannot go back to my home even though my family is so close; yet so far away...it enrages me..."

Turning, she started walking away, back on track for the cave. They were getting closer with every step, and Cheza promised herself that she would destroy everything she had to in order to protect her Tribe, even though they had banished her.

Looking back at Angel one more time, she felt something shift in the energies surrounding her. It wasn't dragon.... it was something else... Cheza shrugged, turning and walking on into the forest. She knew Angel was not hostile towards them, but the energies surrounding her made Cheza want to ask if the girl was not entirely as she seemed.

15. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Gaius jogged to keep up with the speedy vampire. Then he though Oh, to heck with it, and used Agility to leap ahead like a graceful gazelle. They joined the others quickly. Gaius was now starting feel the wear and tear of using his powers for so long. Maybe he should have eaten something earlier to help restore his depleted resources. But no, the moment for luxuries like eating or resting had passed, they were on their way to the next challenge. David thought they needed to advance in their skills before they faced whatever evil was out there... Gaius didn't like the idea of training while monsters ravaged the land, but getting himself killed by going up against a superior being was not a good plan either. He would just have to get through whatever was waiting for them in the cave. His power of Regeneration would take care of his tiredness by the time they got there--Immortals were made of sturdier stuff than other creatures.

"So...Cheza. Angel. Eleria. David." Gaius paced alongside his team mates--or whatever they were to each other. "Our names make the the acronym C.A.G.E.D. Isn't that something? Just a thought, I guess..." He cleared his throat. Was he being too weird? And why did he care if he was being too weird? He realised he wanted these people to accept him. Gaius wasn't used to making friends, but he was suddenly determined to try. He decided to stick by his austere line of thought. In a stronger, more confident voice he continued.

"Uh, so we could call ourselves team C.A.G.E.D. Like an elite task force. What do you all think...?"

16. Keitsumah

"Caged...like an animal...and an animal when it is cornered is the most dangerous..." Cheza said faintly then grinned. It certainly fit her description when she had met them. Then the memory of how Gaius had reached out to touch the mask on her face made heat creep up her neck, and she ducked her head, scrabbling at her hair to get it in front of her face to keep the others from seeing her eyes.

17. Alukard

Alukard New Member

David grin grew wider then the jokers, "CAGED! That's amazing, wow Gaius you really do surprise me around every corner, and it relates to how our odious enemy has been caged for a few millennia too, we can be those who put the fiend back in the cage!" Hopefully I'm not too light hearted, I really do want them to get an idea of the terribleness we will eventually meet. We need a good relationship though, I'm glad me and Gaius feel similar in this area at least.

Eleria rolled her eyes a bit, Caged haha, so I guess Gaius fits in pretty well with brother.

They were all walking awhile, David and Gaius trying to clear up the atmosphere with the occasional cheesy mark, well David probably an excessive amount of remarks, but eventually they made it to the cave.

The mountain rose to where the eyes could no longer distinguish air and matter. The mouth was lain with spires and darkness seeped from the caves entrance.

David interrupted the tenseness, "Alright everyone, obstacle number two, if you counted the lake as an obstacle haha. Good luck to you all."

He and Eleria stepped back, "A test of course, do not feel intimidated, if you can not pass this cave then you will not brisk the destruction of Alukard. Everything has a reason my young warriors, and you may not witness it at first, but do trust me. For many years we have contemplated the paths, and this is your next."

Again with his foolish smile he let the others contemplate this decision.

18. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Midnight

Banished from her pack, banished from the forest, doomed to the lonely life of an outcast. She had found another way, the ability to talk to others. She found a new forest positioned by a lake. The lake of the great hydra. She could sit by the water and talk for whole days a time. Then the strangers appeared. So many different species, so many different scents. She had watched them from far away, gathering the courage. Now she was finally ready.

Wish me luck she told the great hydra as she started running to catch up.

She stopped in a clearing close by. She carefully reached out with her thoughts to touch the mind-reading-night-dweller.

you have probably sensed my thoughts for a while now. Why didn't you tell the others? without waiting for reply she continued. My name is Midnight, i bet there would be loads of fun if we keep my intelligence a secret. She walked onto the path and made some noise to announce her presence. Let them think i'm just an extraordinary wolf.

She carefully lay down in clear view to show them she was not a threat. The mind reader would be the only one to know of her intelligence.

19. Alukard

Alukard New Member

David betrayed no sign of this new wolf's intellectual powers, So Midnight, I can clearly sense you mean no harm, actually one of the reasons I went to that lake was in search of the dark wolf of ages, the one who could predict every movement of its enemy, the one who's physical strength and speed rival lightning. That is you am I wrong?

He was still facing the others, the group had not yet decided on whether to enter the cave or not. But with this new appearance how will things change?

20. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Gaius contemplated the next challenge. What could be awaiting them in that dark hole? He took a deep breath to steel his nerves. Whatever it was, he could defeat it. He wasn't alone, Team C.A.G.E.D. had his back, and he was confident their combined talents would be enough. He cleared his throat.

"Let us proceed", Gaius said to the others. He smiled an ultra-white smile. "We can do this if we work together..." He trailed off as he noticed the wolf.

"Eh, David? Is that...dog...coming with us?" Gaius couldn't keep a hint of dislike out of his voice. His inner cat-guise was appalled at the sight and smell of this mangy dogbeast. Gaius curled his lip and wrinkled his nose. His canines became fanglike and his pupils turned to slits.

21. Keitsumah

Cheza sniffed the air curiously near the cave -it was very deep and obviously held many secrets.

Wolf? she thought and her hair bristled as she looked around warilly. In her dragon form she would not have paid it any mind -but a predator nearby while she was a human made her nervous. Looking around, she spotted the animal lying in their path a few yards away. Sniffing again, her hair bristled even further as she recognized the Hydra's scent on the animal. It had obviously been in close contact with the water-spirit. But if it smelled of the hydra and hadn't become the dragon's meal then...

Cheza backed up until she was next to Gaius- unconciously seeking the added support of having a larger being that could appear more threatening to soothe her adgitation. It was just a wolf...it was just a wolf...

Suddenly she smelled cat and saw Gaius looking like he was about to caugh up a furball. Unconciously she reached out and grabbed his bangs, pulling him down to her eye level.

"Bad kitty." she said firmly. "You want to hiss and have a fit? I'll grab you by your tail and make you into a pillow for my head -promise."

22. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    "Meeeeeowww!", Gaius yowled. He swiped away her arm and sprang back onto the stump of a fallen tree six yards away. He proceeded to furiously rub his hurting forehead and he glared at Cheza. "What your problem, mask-face? Huh!? Play nice with others, or I'll take the C out of C.A.G.E.D.!! But then we'll jus tbe A.G.E.D.... Ugh, just shuddup and don't touch my hair! Hssssk!" He ended his speech with a long, pissed-off feline hiss.

"Anyway...the wolfie smelling like Hydra only means it was at the lake", Gaius said from his perch, still giving Cheza the stink-eye. "It probably followed our smell...it's lonely."

Gaius didn't like dogs, but after the initial shock of seeing the black wolf, he had calmed down and now he coudl see that it was showing them it meant no harm. If it meant to attack it would have been growl or something, wouldn't it? "Wonder where it's pack is...", Gaius said, feeling kind of sorry for it. But not entirely. It could be a sorcerer in disguise.

"Shoo, dog! Shoo!", Gaius said. When the wolf didn't seem to leave, he said, "Fine, stay if you want. But stay here, if you come inside the bogeyman will eat you. Got it?" He rolled his eyes. Was he seriously talking to a dog? "Let go inside, guys."

With that, Gaius headed into the cave. His catlike eyes pierced the dark as he advanced. His ears were also straining to hear any sign of an attack. "Oh, and Cheza--you stay behind, too", Gaius called back. "You're about as helpless as that doggy!"

23. Keitsumah

(ignore: Erik check my last post u need to edit urs :D)

24. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Angel: Worthy?

Angel plopped down on a convenient boulder, unconsciously running her hand over her aching left leg. How was she supposed to face these challenges when she could barely keep pace with the others? It was tantamount to suicide, risking not only her life, but those of the others as well. She watched the wolf approach and immediately knew the creature was beyond the keen of normal wolves, more special than even the Talonstone Dires.

"Shoo, dog! Shoo!", Gaius said. When the wolf didn't seem to leave, he said, "Fine, stay if you want. But stay here, if you come inside the bogeyman will eat you. Got it?" He rolled his eyes. Was he seriously talking to a dog? "Let go inside, guys."

"Let her alone, Gaius." Angel said. "She means no harm."

The young darkkin's eyes were nearly black as she studied the wolf, her senses humming, deep within the song planes. Half to herself, she added. "And no mere dumb beast by any means. An outcast, but one the hydra likes...Another with secrets."

Angel's smile was bleak as she hoisted herself to her feet and hobbled toward the mouth of the cave. There was little point in prolonging the tension.

25. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Midnight

Midnight smelled something, something tasty, something feline. She knew how to keep her hunting instincts in check. She turned what could have been a quick fight with her on the losing side, to entertainment. She approached the group making herself as small as possible. Licking Cheza's hand when she passed by, the girl smelled of the hydra, the hydras power within her. Then she proceeded to walk beside Gaius chewing on his cloak.

I haven't heard that name in a long time. Yes, some call me the dark wolf of ages. Care to tell me what threatens our world so much you need to search me out on that description. David sure was interesting, calling her by that name.