1. Raven

Raven Banned

Torchwood: Children Of Earth

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Feb 13, 2009.

[​IMG]
    Torchwood: Children Of Earth looks set to be an adrenaline fueled 5 part series.

Torchwood: Children of Earth re-joins Captain Jack (John Barrowman), Gwen Cooper (Eve Myles) and Ianto Jones (Gareth David-Lloyd) who are still coming to terms with the death of two of their closest friends. Despite their pain, they have a job to do.

This time they are faced with their fiercest threat to date - one which throws the future of Torchwood and the entire human race spiralling into danger. They battle against the odds but do they stand a chance of saving mankind?

Torchwood: Children of Earth will air in America on the same day as the UK, meaning American audiences will have almost no lag time in seeing the series. Torchwood has garnered much media acclaim in America, including USA Today dubbing it "one of TV's most entertaining sci-fi romps," Los Angeles Times calling it "grown-up, dark, energetic" and TV Guide proclaiming, "If John Barrowman's Capt. Jack Harkness is the head of Torchwood, then Eve Myles' Gwen Cooper is the heart."

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Yeay!

<-- Loves Torchwood! :D

3. Raven

Raven Banned

Well your gonna love series 3 and from the trailer they have been showi9ng it looks set to be the best of the seasons so far. all 5 episodes are feature length as well. :D

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I know it's a bit of a played point, but as campy as Torchwood can be at times, I love the diversity that Torchwood has the balls to show. Kudos to the BBC for being inclusionary, not exclusionary like ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. :cool:

5. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

When is it actually on? I've heard nothing of it.

6. Raven

Raven Banned

Its due to air in a few months. The third Series is also set to be much darker than the previous two series. Infact they appear to have really put the boat out and spent much more on special effects and given it a new look.

Series 4 which they are making at the same time due to Barrowmans committtments to other projects will be the series that introduces new characters. But that will be kept firmly under wraps until 2010.

7. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

If you rearrange Torchwood= Doctor Who

Anyway, yeah I can't wait.
    I like Torchwood too, not as much as Doctor Who, but I love Torchwood.
    Yeah!
    The trailers do make it look good. :)

8. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Torchwood was the code name for Doctor Who when they first put it back into production in 2002. :D

Geekyness over. I'm looking forward to this, but I haven't seen the trailers. I'll take a look in a minute.

9. Raven

Raven Banned

Trailer

10. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Aww, Raven it says the video isn't available any more. :(
    And I wanted to see it a 3rd time.

11. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

WTF? Worked for me...

That was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

12. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Looks to be influenced by a certain amount of Arthur C. Clarke. Or that might be me reading into it a bit too much.

13. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Worked for me now.
    And that will be my 3rd time watching.
    Oh I want to see it so bad.
    It looks good.

14. Raven

Raven Banned

It's certainly promising stuff.

Series one was absolutly brilliant were as series two kinda fell a bit wayward. But the writers have assured the fans series three is a big turn of effents and is much more darker than the first two seasons.

15. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Let's hope this works out. :)
    It certainly does look promising.

16. apathykills

apathykills New Member

Odd that's backwards for me. I liked season two much more then season one; the Owen saga, the final episode and the one the dealt with the missing people were really what made this show a must see for me.

ow and the wedding episode, that was great to.

17. Raven

Raven Banned

The trouble with series two was compared to series one its was a let down. there were some great episodes but series one hit the nail on the head firmly I couldn't find fault in the first season Season two was a massive hit around the globe especially in America, but in the uk amongst the fans it wasn't seen as well made as the first series.

Now they have turned the show around giving James Masters (From series two a bigger role.) And the show evolves around the main three which will also reveal a little about Jack's past.

18. apathykills

apathykills New Member

Maybe it's a British thing then, i don't know i just preferred season two. The last chapter really broke my heart, especially after the hole
    dead Owen saga

And hey, why is it both torchwood and doctor who are airing specials instead of regular episodes this year?

19. TwoToTango

TwoToTango New Member

Ohhh, I love torchwood. Very deep characters and all that. :p

And even though I in no way swing that way, I love how they treat Jack's bisexuality as a "no big deal" kind of thing. Because in most series or movies or even books it's usually either over the top or a great struggle for the character. And that just gets tiresome after a while.

:D

20. Raven

Raven Banned

Because David tennant (The Current Doctor Who) has other committments this year he was unable to commit to Doctor Who as a series of thirteen episodes and so it was decided to film for specials for the year. Sadly after this decission was made and filming began David Tennant announced his leaving the show.

John Barrowman also has big committments for 2010 however because the show is so big and popular they want to keep John Barrowman in the show as Jack Harkness they decided to film both Series 3 and 4 back to back. Series three been a re-invention of the show pushing Torchwood in a new direction. Series 3 is much shorter but the five episodes are feature length and follow on. They decided to bring Martha back but not as a member of Torchwood and James Masters who will feature in the third series.
    James Marsters And John Barrowman
    [​IMG]

Series 4 will however be the full thirteen episode series. and will ijntroduce new characters into Torchwood but will however be kept well and truly under wraps until 2010. As they'll be concentrating on series 3 promo and a little of Jacks past.

As far as 2011 is concerned Series 5 will go ahead providing the BBC wish to further Torchwood after the fourth series.